Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wgr614 v7 no power?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wgr614 v7 no power?

Old 19-12-2011, 15:03   #1
ron101
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia XL, Telephone, Broadband 50MB, V+
ron101 is on a distinguished roadron101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ron101
Smile Wgr614 v7 no power?

Ive got a NETGEAR WGR614 v7 and there are no lights on the modem,( i was just going to power it on again) i thought with nothing plugged in to it,except the AC/DC ADAPTOR, you would have a power light come on to prove to prove there was power to it is that right.
Ive got the same thing happen to a D-LINK DIR 615 THAT DOESNT WORK EITHER. Can you help at all.
ron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2011, 16:33   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Wgr614 v7 no power?

no lights on the router at all? both?

you sure you've put the correct power cables in and not accidentally tried with another plug?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 19:51   #3
ron101
Inactive

Smile Re: Wgr614 v7 no power?

The PC ok but the router is stone cold DEAD (both of them)could i damaged it by swaping the power sopplys over,i notice the netgear is 12volt and theD-LINK is 5volt
Old 19-12-2011, 19:58   #4
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

if you've swapped over power supplies you've probably bricked it.. dead. not sure whether its repairable.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 11:44   #5
ron101
Inactive

D-Link DHP-W307AV/B 200 MBPS PowerLine Homeplug with Wireless N Access Point Starter Kit
will this do ,i dont have to D-LINK it do i?
Old 20-12-2011, 12:34   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron101 View Post
The PC ok but the router is stone cold DEAD (both of them)could i damaged it by swaping the power sopplys over,i notice the netgear is 12volt and theD-LINK is 5volt

Doubtful as they'll both have voltage regulators on the inside.. also no way would the 5v's brick a 12v router so at least one of them would be OK.. unless of course the polarity is different then yes you could easily blow both of them.

Check the PSU's (use a multimeter or if you don't try a 6v and 12v bulb to test them out)

I'd worry that you're getting voltage spikes if both PSU's are blown or it could be something as simple bad ventilation near the plugs causing them to overheat.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote