Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | RX: Sky Smart TVs Under Development

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

RX: Sky Smart TVs Under Development

Old 21-09-2021, 14:31   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
RX: Sky Smart TVs Under Development

I got an wind of this story last week with an DNP order it on but RXTV is now reporting....

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/sky-smart-...er-development
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2021, 15:13   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: RX: Sky Smart TVs Under Development

Sat enabled TVs are nothing new you just to use enigma or proprietary software before and a motorised dish

Sky are a little late to the party if you ask me
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 17:41   #3
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Sat enabled TVs are nothing new you just to use enigma or proprietary software before and a motorised dish

I'm wondering if the TV sets could be IPTV instead and/or satellite.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 17:56   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm wondering if the TV sets could be IPTV instead and/or satellite.
good chance, but my point stands about them missing the boat. They could have done it and kept their security cards years ago via a sat dish. You got to have our boxes same with VM even though it is only like the last 24 months they have not suffered from certain methods bypassing their security
Old 21-09-2021, 18:19   #5
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
good chance, but my point stands about them missing the boat. They could have done it and kept their security cards years ago via a sat dish. You got to have our boxes same with VM even though it is only like the last 24 months they have not suffered from certain methods bypassing their security
I guess now the security is in place, they feel safe about doing it. But I don't think a TV locked to a provider is particularly attractive unless it's free/bundled into the subscription.
Old 22-09-2021, 08:14   #6
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:

Sky did this before about 20 years ago.
Unfortunately they dropped support a few years later.
Probably long ago enough that most people won't remember that poor experience.
Old 22-09-2021, 09:15   #7
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
They may remember the white Now TV boxes which ceased to work though. However, Roku and Amazon have been successful in getting Chinese manufacturers such as TCL and Hisense to offer TVs with their software.
Old 22-09-2021, 09:38   #8
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
They may remember the white Now TV boxes which ceased to work though. However, Roku and Amazon have been successful in getting Chinese manufacturers such as TCL and Hisense to offer TVs with their software.
I still have one. I remember being able to side load to it
Old 22-09-2021, 13:48   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That is indeed the problem. The lifespan of a decoder is a lot less than the lifespan of a TV (although TV manufacturers would like you to believe otherwise)

Quote:
They may remember the white Now TV boxes which ceased to work though
A new box is a lot cheaper than a new TV.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 14:05   #10
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
It was quite slow if I remember correctly.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 17:45   #11
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

All my Samsung and LG TVs have a CI , which IIRC is a cable TV card.
Old 28-09-2021, 13:29   #12
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ilt-in-tv.html

Sources have now informed ISPreview.co.uk that the product being launched is to be called Sky Glass, which appears to be a sophisticated QLED Smart TV (leaked pictured above) – available in sizes including 43″, 55″ and 65″ – that will come with an integrated Dolby Atmos soundbar and the new SoIP service (as well as the usual 4K and HDR video support).
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote