Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Youtube V6 App screen blank for video playback

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Youtube V6 App screen blank for video playback

Old 22-08-2021, 14:24   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Youtube V6 App screen blank for video playback

Today the YouTube app on our V6 has blank screen for video playback. Anyone else with this?

It's not just one video, it's doing it on the ads too, the interface is showing but not the picture.

There's too much live programming and recording happening today to allow me to reboot the before anyone suggests it.

I've resorted to the Roku version of the app in the meantime.

A tooltip came up at one point to inform about new features, so it's possible there's been an app update amd this is responsible. The app has been fine for last 3 consecutive days of extensive use.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2021, 14:53   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Youtube V6 App screen blank for video playback

I turned on the V6 yesterday to be met with a red screen. 3 power cycles before it returned to normal.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 16:39   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Today the YouTube app on our V6 has blank screen for video playback. Anyone else with this?
It's working OK for me. Try reseating the HDMI lead. If that doesn't fix it, you will need to reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I turned on the V6 yesterday to be met with a red screen. 3 power cycles before it returned to normal.
Which red screen? But none of them are good news. I suspect your box doesn't have long left.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 18:34   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's working OK for me. Try reseating the HDMI lead. If that doesn't fix it, you will need to reboot.
I'm surprised the HDMI lead could only be affecting one thing, TV channels work fine, as do other apps like Netflix.

Thanks.
Old 22-08-2021, 19:21   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I'm surprised the HDMI lead could only be affecting one thing, TV channels work fine, as do other apps like Netflix
It can, but that isn't why I suggested it. Reseating the cable will reset the video hardware without needing to reboot.
Old 22-08-2021, 19:46   #6
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Which red screen? But none of them are good news. I suspect your box doesn't have long left.
It was the normal "waking up" screen, but all red, like when a CRT loses the 2 other rasters.

Flipping back to terrestrial TV showed it wasn't the TV itself.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 20:13   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
It was the normal "waking up" screen, but all red, like when a CRT loses the 2 other rasters.
Ah ok. That's not so bad. See how it goes. (There are some all-red error message screens that tend to be serious. I thought you had one of those)
Old 22-08-2021, 20:35   #8
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It can, but that isn't why I suggested it. Reseating the cable will reset the video hardware without needing to reboot.
Is "reseating" it pulling it entirely out, or just a bit of moving in place?

I'm thinking the latter as I think you wouldn't have used the term otherwise.

And at which end? The box side, the TV side, or both?
Old 22-08-2021, 23:17   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Pull out a plug completely, push it back in again. Doesn't matter which end - whichever is easiest to get to.
Old 08-09-2021, 20:52   #10
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I'm not able to access the Prime app or the BBC iPlayer app, when I choose one of them I only get a blank screen.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 20:53   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm not able to access the Prime app or the BBC iPlayer app, when I choose one of them I only get a blank screen.
Presumably, you’ve tried a re-boot, Max?
Old 08-09-2021, 21:03   #12
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

And reboot your Hub
Old 08-09-2021, 21:27   #13
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Presumably, you’ve tried a re-boot, Max?
Not recently, OB, but will give that a go first, thx.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Quote:
And reboot your Hub
Will do, thx.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote