Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 11-08-2021, 16:53   #181
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
Very surprised that it's *not* in relatively recent project lightning RFoG areas like Weston Super Mare - very near Bristol and you'd think given the recent nature of this build they would have been a bit forward thinking.
Weston is fed from the Nailsea hub site, which in turn is fed from Aztec West. If it isn’t included in the Bristol “switch on” it will be imminent
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2021, 16:58   #182
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Ultimate Oomph with Gig1 is £111 without any offers I think.
That must be with an offer as Ultimate Oomph without Gig1 is £139.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:22   #183
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Thanks Ben,didnt see a broadband tab but it said they would send a Superhub 3 which to me is a sign that its still 600 mbt in my area which is area 30.
Its not available.
Quote:
Gig1 Fibre Broadband is unavailable in your area but the great news is you can still choose from one of our other speedy plans

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:57   #184
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
Weston is fed from the Nailsea hub site, which in turn is fed from Aztec West. If it isn’t included in the Bristol “switch on” it will be imminent
Interesting, I know people in WSM have been offered Hub 4s in the past few days, so I assume that does mean that d3.1 is imminent.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 15:01   #185
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Its not available.
Thanks Paul

The daft thing is, I saw a Virgin Media van in Sherwood this afternoon and on the side of the van it was advertising Gig 1.

Pointless as it's still not available in Nottingham.
Old 12-08-2021, 16:34   #186
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Thanks Paul

The daft thing is, I saw a Virgin Media van in Sherwood this afternoon and on the side of the van it was advertising Gig 1.

Pointless as it's still not available in Nottingham.
Got a VM email today stating "Gig1 Fibre Broadband is now in your area",

What 'area' that is it neglected to say, so let's assume N. LIncs.

It also states

Quote:
The legal stuff:
Services only available in Virgin Media network areas. Subject to survey, network capacity and credit check.
I won't bother though, 100 Mbps (86 actual) is still good enough for my needs.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 21:57   #187
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I won't bother though, 100 Mbps (86 actual) is still good enough for my needs.
You might being short-changed. You should get 100Mb at least, unless your personal config/set up prevents it.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 23:03   #188
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
You might being short-changed. You should get 100Mb at least, unless your personal config/set up prevents it.
I've never had anywhere near 100, in fact it used to be a mere 75 ish, anyway I believe 'up to' is the quoted phrase
Old 13-08-2021, 04:15   #189
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I had an email here in Swansea earlier saying gigabit is now available.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 13:20   #190
cje85
cf.member

cje85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I've never had anywhere near 100, in fact it used to be a mere 75 ish, anyway I believe 'up to' is the quoted phrase
Not anymore, 'up to' was phased out and 100Mb is now advertised as 108Mb, with an expected speed range of 109-112Mbps.

if you never reach 100Mb there is a problem somewhere.
cje85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 17:27   #191
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cje85 View Post
Not anymore, 'up to' was phased out and 100Mb is now advertised as 108Mb, with an expected speed range of 109-112Mbps.

if you never reach 100Mb there is a problem somewhere.
Oh I never knew that. Well there might be a problem somewhere, but it's not worth all the (probable) hassle involved to get it sorted for a potential 20Mb speed increase

Would be nice to get the bill reduced by around £20 a month, but there's as much chance of that as Watford winning some silverware
Old 14-08-2021, 09:09   #192
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Just ordered it, i couldnt say no for the price.

OK its a £35 fee for setup and hub but doubling my internet speed for an extra £9 a month!!
Old 14-08-2021, 09:38   #193
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

£35 set up even if it's QuickStart?
In my previous broadband upgrades, I never heard of £35 for set up before.
Old 15-08-2021, 04:19   #194
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Yes when 50mb and 500mb upgrade ive paid fees.
Old 15-08-2021, 12:13   #195
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Glad to see it is now in my area... Does anyone know how much it might cost to add to Ultimate Oomph bundle?
I'm on the ultimate oomph bundle with 600mb and sky movies uhd I pay £106 a month thinking about dumping the uhd movies as they only in HD to me compared to BT sport ultimate and Virgin Media ch 999
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote