Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2020/2021 season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

2020/2021 season

Old 22-09-2020, 09:03   #31
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: 2020/2021 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That is the going rate for watching your clubs match or any football match live online now.
Too pricey, would never pay it no matter what the match or teams are.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2020, 09:05   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Too pricey, would never pay it no matter what the match or teams are.
No l would not either but my two Portsmouth mad brothers do.
Old 22-09-2020, 11:40   #33
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
No l would not either but my two Portsmouth mad brothers do.
Yeah guess some will but I do wonder exactly how many do. I imagine not that many so wonder how they make it worthwhile?
Old 22-09-2020, 11:48   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yeah guess some will but I do wonder exactly how many do. I imagine not that many so wonder how they make it worthwhile?
From what my brothers tell me a few thousand pompey fans pay a tenner to watch each match online.
Old 22-09-2020, 13:32   #35
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
From what my brothers tell me a few thousand pompey fans pay a tenner to watch each match online.
Wow that many! Thought it would of been in the lower hundreds. Some football fans will pay whatever it costs to see their team. Never been that way myself and at present I wouldn`t pay anything extra above my sky and bt subs to watch my team ( Middlesbrough)
Old 22-09-2020, 13:40   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Wow that many! Thought it would of been in the lower hundreds. Some football fans will pay whatever it costs to see their team. Never been that way myself and at present I wouldn`t pay anything extra above my sky and bt subs to watch my team ( Middlesbrough)
You have to understand that the lower league sides don't get any financial income currently so they will stream their matches live so that will bring in some financial income given they are not getting their normal matchday financial incomes.

Portsmouth average crowd for each home game with supporters present would be around 15,000.

Last edited by denphone; 22-09-2020 at 13:44.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 14:39   #37
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
You have to understand that the lower league sides don't get any financial income currently so they will stream their matches live so that will bring in some financial income given they are not getting their normal matchday financial incomes.

Portsmouth average crowd for each home game with supporters present would be around 15,000.
Yeah wasn't getting at the club's, can't blame them for using everyway possible to increase income,was just saying some fans seem to have more money than sense. I know £10 is still cheaper than paying at the turnstile but as I said I wouldn't pay it. My club had around 2,000 fans in the ground last Saturday and I think they're mad but so long as they enjoyed themselves and stayed safe then good luck to them.
Old 24-09-2020, 11:21   #38
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Luis Suarez and Diego Costa in the same forward line.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 12:35   #39
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Luis Suarez and Diego Costa in the same forward line.
And managed by someone who is just as bad as they are.
Old 26-09-2020, 18:59   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Now l wonder who will be the first Premier League manager to be given a P45 this season?.
Old 26-09-2020, 19:05   #41
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Now l wonder who will be the first Premier League manager to be given a P45 this season?.
You wouldn`t be thinking of Frank at Chelsea by any chances?
Old 26-09-2020, 19:29   #42
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
You wouldn`t be thinking of Frank at Chelsea by any chances?
l would say he is at the head of the betting just in front of Ole..
Old 26-09-2020, 19:33   #43
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
l would say he is at the head of the betting just in front of Ole..
Yes agree with you there
Old 27-09-2020, 11:38   #44
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The Plan.

1.Cap Premiership wages at £80k a year.
2. Give the money saved to all lower tiers of football.
3. Foreign players/managers leave, home grown talent flourishes, the national game improves, and we win the next World Cup.
Everyone's a winner (apart from Sky, Ferrari cars, the undeserving rich, but sod them ...)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 11:49   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The Plan.

1.Cap Premiership wages at £80k a year.
A good idea but reality says its not going to happen.

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Quote:
The Plan.

2. Give the money saved to all lower tiers of football.
l hope the lower tiers of football are helped out as after all they are the lifeblood of the pyramid of football.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Quote:
The Plan.

3. Foreign players/managers leave, home grown talent flourishes, the national game improves, and we win the next World Cup.
Foreign players enrich our game and there is plenty of home grown talent out there if you look.