Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Orville

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The Orville

Old 17-01-2019, 00:54   #31
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Re: The Orville

Still loving this series
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2019, 01:08   #32
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Who is watching this still? I'm liking the new serious side to the show
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:02   #33
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Me, they have gone in to an excellent Trek style show now and dropped a lot of the typical Seth McFarlane style of humour.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:15   #34
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I always knew that Adrienne Palicki, Scott Grimes and Penny Johnson-Jerald were good actors, but I'm really impressed by Seth McFarlane. Particularly in season 2, I've found myself really believing in his character.

I particularly like the episodes Identity parts 1 and 2. They turned Isaac, a character who has always seemed to be there to provide something for the other characters to take the mickey out of, into a serious threat.

The next part of this involves discussion of the plot, hence spoiler tags.
Spoiler: 

I like the way that episode 1 appears to be a throwaway episode for a little light relief, then, at the end, the Kalon are revealed as cold-blooded killers who killed every biological being on their planet, and are looking to do the same to other planets, and I like the way the episode flips from being a light, fluffy episode into something very serious. I also like the way that the 2nd part doesn't go too far down the big reset route (which Doctor Who has tended to do, with the universe being put into danger and the Doctor doing one thing that saves it). The Orville does, to some extent, but even once the crew is saved, they still have to defeat the Kalons
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 17:48   #35
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I hope they still keep some of the Humour for me it's what made the show. I like star trek but I like the funny side as well
Old 05-03-2019, 18:31   #36
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

I'm likin the blend. Can't get enough
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 13:02   #37
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

***** POSSIBLE SPOILERS *******

Anyone else think they blew the whole budget on the Kaylon attack episodes? Now all we seem to get are on-board dramas. Women falling in love with robots, men falling in love with holographic projections....although I did enjoy the cigarette story-line.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 17:13   #38
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I hope they still keep some of the Humour for me it's what made the show. I like star trek but I like the funny side as well
It's possible to combine humour, action and even horror. Whether you like them or not, all of Joss Whedon's shows have done that.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 23:16   #39
Gavin78
Ice Cold

For those that watch the show will get how funny this scene was

https://i.imgur.com/A3kDuLP.gifv
Old 21-04-2019, 20:41   #40
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Just caught up on a bunch of episodes while on my holiday flights, loving Season 2.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 11:56   #41
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Now season 2 has ended I found the last one a bit disappointing. Yeah it wrapped up the timeline but I was kind of hoping for something a bit more. As much as I hope for a season 3 and I do love the show even better than startrek to some degree.

But I don't think I would miss the show if they didn't do a season 3 and the last episode of season 2 kind of wrapped the show up "for me anyway" it at least appeared to have closure in the event season 3 never came about?
Old 28-04-2019, 12:27   #42
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Season 2 ratings have been very consistent and solid so you can guarantee there will be a third season.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 16:17   #43
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

https://tvshowscancelled.com/the-orv...ason-3-by-fox/

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 18:09   #44
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
December 11, 2018
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 20:51   #45
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I knew I had seen it somewhere before xmas. I was trying to tell a friend a couple of weeks ago that it had been renewed for a third season and when he asked me for proof I couldn't flipping find it.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote