Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Supergirl

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Supergirl

Old 21-04-2016, 17:15   #1
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Supergirl

For those of you on the US timeline there's gotta be one question...

...who or what is in the pod?

My guess is that it's her mom.... Anymore guesses?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2016, 18:20   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Supergirl

I am going with Superboy
Old 21-04-2016, 19:03   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I was going to suggest her Mum or Dad as well.

Its still officially waiting to be renewed though atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2016, 19:47   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

It's turned into a bloody good show.. It'll be stupid to cancel it

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

I thought her mom purely on the fact that they don;t need to find another actress
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 00:02   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
]I thought her mom purely on the fact that they don;t need to find another actress
makes sense and you can sort of see her mum being the bad good guy as she was a judge and think she knows best and would want to have some sort of authorative/ruling position over the humans. Based on Kara's reaction though my gut says it is someone else.

I hope it gets renewed, there are far worse series out there atm and it is miles better than Legends of Tomorrow and can make for some great crossovers with Flash and Arrow.

I love how they have had Helen Slater, Dean Cain and Laura Vandervoort in it. They have maintained superman's presence throughout season 1 and if it gets renewed I would love to see a story arc in season 2 which required superman's help for one episode and for them to bring Tom Welling in for it. It would make my day

Most importantly of all, Melissa Benoist is my No 1 babe atm out of all the tv series I currently watch and she can't go. Caroline and Bonnie from TVD are in second spot. Lana is all time supreme numero uno in case anyone is wondering.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 19:05   #6
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Just binge watched the last 12 episodes, this got awesome and is just as good as te other DC shows :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I hope it gets renewed, there are far worse series out there atm and it is miles better than Legends of Tomorrow and can make for some great crossovers with Flash and Arrow.
A second season is planned for October but it's moving to The CW, which I think it's where the show should've been from the start.

As for crossovers, from The Flash's appearance in Supergirl in season 1, they're on differen't Earths so I don't think we there will be anymore.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 19:32   #7
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Just binge watched the last 12 episodes, this got awesome and is just as good as te other DC shows :O

A second season is planned for October but it's moving to The CW, which I think it's where the show should've been from the start.

As for crossovers, from The Flash's appearance in Supergirl in season 1, they're on differen't Earths so I don't think we there will be anymore.
Never say never! Looking forward to Melissa coming back!
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:12   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yup, I am sure they can make it happen if they want to. The thing which I don't understand though is why Supergirl can only exist in one reality. Although there are multiple outcomes/possibilities (as in she never left Krypton), surely in 90% of cases she would have made it to Earth just like there would be a Flash on most Earths?
Old 07-06-2016, 08:56   #9
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

re crossovers : they announced a 4 way crossover between Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow for next season at around the same time as the news of it moving to the CW.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:22   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Superman will be in the season 2 opening episodes.

https://deadline.com/2016/06/superma...cw-1201767883/
Quote:
Supergirl is getting a super boost for its launch on the CW. After a ton of references and a few fleeting glimpses of Superman in Season 1, the Man of Steel will be appearing in the flesh in the opening episodes of the superhero series’ upcoming second season as it moves from CBS to the CW
casting is underway.

Seems like moving networks was the best thing for the show.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:30   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

fantastic, I am well chuffed and I think it will be as good as Smallville. I can't wait to see the new direction it goes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
re crossovers : they announced a 4 way crossover between Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow for next season at around the same time as the news of it moving to the CW.
I hope nothing of any relevance happens in LoT because I won't be watching it
Old 07-06-2016, 11:27   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Superman will be in the season 2 opening episodes.

https://deadline.com/2016/06/superma...cw-1201767883/
casting is underway.

Seems like moving networks was the best thing for the show.
I don't understand why DC is working so hard to keep it's TV shows and films separate.

Greg Berlanti has complained about it a few times, and apparently finds it quite restrictive. He was even apparently told that he could not include Superman or Batman in Arrow. OK, so Superman wouldn't really have fitted in, but Batman, being a fellow multi billionaire playboy/vigilante would have.

If done badly, it can be cheesy as anything including references to movies or even other TV shows in a show, but if it's done well (as Marvel have done with Agents of Shield), it can add a lot of depth to an ongoing story. Hell, the story with Lady Sif in AOS Season 1 was arguably a turning point for the series, where it stopped being some slightly weird Police Procedural drama with Aliens and turned into a series that I personally love.

But DC seem to view TV and Films as two totally seperate things. For instance, I read that because of the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, the Arrow production team were forced to remove the Suicide Squad from the TV series. They never were allowed to directly reference Harley Quinn, although apparently Tara Strong (who played her in some of the cartoons and the last three Arkham games) appeared in the background in one Arrow episode dressed as Harley Quinn, but was never directly referenced in the script.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 13:21   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I don't understand why DC is working so hard to keep it's TV shows and films separate.

Greg Berlanti has complained about it a few times, and apparently finds it quite restrictive. He was even apparently told that he could not include Superman or Batman in Arrow. OK, so Superman wouldn't really have fitted in, but Batman, being a fellow multi billionaire playboy/vigilante would have.

If done badly, it can be cheesy as anything including references to movies or even other TV shows in a show, but if it's done well (as Marvel have done with Agents of Shield), it can add a lot of depth to an ongoing story. Hell, the story with Lady Sif in AOS Season 1 was arguably a turning point for the series, where it stopped being some slightly weird Police Procedural drama with Aliens and turned into a series that I personally love.

But DC seem to view TV and Films as two totally seperate things. For instance, I read that because of the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, the Arrow production team were forced to remove the Suicide Squad from the TV series. They never were allowed to directly reference Harley Quinn, although apparently Tara Strong (who played her in some of the cartoons and the last three Arkham games) appeared in the background in one Arrow episode dressed as Harley Quinn, but was never directly referenced in the script.
I'd hardly call it good. The last season was pretty poor and a bit of a mess.

Wasn't dead shot in Arrow too?
Old 07-06-2016, 19:39   #14
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

He was and was 'eliminated/removed from the storyline' as part of the arrow version of the Suicide squad along with any nod or mention of them. Amanda Weller was still crucial to an open plot but she was also removed in the prime timeline and only appeared in flashbacks.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 07-06-2016 at 19:44.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 19:50   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

I think Agents of Shield is great and just gets better and better. I enjoy Flash and Arrow every week but they don't even begin to compare to AOS. It has a more serious tone to it story wise and the action and special effects are top notch. It is defo one of my "must see" series every week and I watch it as soon as I can. I love the crossovers they do with the movies and given how season 2 ended I was very disappointed that they didn't tie the end of season 3 in with Captain America with the controversy around the mutant registration act.