Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 09-09-2021, 09:30   #421
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Season 4 premieres on Thursday 18th November
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2021, 09:53   #422
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 20:00   #423
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I got round to watching season 3 last week. I was determined I wasn't going to watch it after season 2 but I ran out of stuff to watch and didn't want to start anything big with the fall tv season starting. It was a million times better than season 1 and 2, partly due to the stories and partly due to changes in Burnham's character and her not being so dull. Tilly does my nut in more than ever but I am not going to moan because I know what I am letting myself in for and I am the one who chooses to watch it.

I am looking forward to season four. It feels like the first time we are going to have a proper Captain in charge with the relevant experience and knowledge. Saru and Tilly were just wet prunes and an embarrassment tbh.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 21:54   #424
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think we did try to tell you that S3 was great and a big change from how the show started. Now no longer constrained to sticking to Canon they can do whatever they want.

I do love Ti,ly though, she is great.
Old 10-10-2021, 13:49   #425
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Old 16-11-2021, 00:38   #426
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Starts this week. Am looking forward to it.
Old 16-11-2021, 22:23   #427
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Going to have to wait in the UK now

https://deadline.com/2021/11/star-tr...bs-1234875466/

Quote:
Over four years after the Sonequa Martin-Green led series launched on what was then CBS All Access in North America and Netflix in the rest of the world, Discovery will be leaving the Ted Sarandos co-run steamer as of midnight tonight.

In a just closed deal between ViacomCBS and Netflix, the Shari Redstone controlled company has ended the lucrative financial arrangement that launched Discovery back in 2017. In broad strokes, the bargain that then CBS head honcho Les Moonves made with Netflix saw the latter paying the vast majority of Discovery’s hefty budget for the overseas rights. With the top tier IP fully back in the fold, the plan is for Discovery to take flight on Paramount+ around the globe starting next year.
Old 16-11-2021, 22:35   #428
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well screw that.

I'm certainly not waiting till next year.
Old 17-11-2021, 00:30   #429
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Guess I won’t be watching Discovery anymore then.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 01:25   #430
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

... and they wonder why people use "alternatives"

I'll be watching it from next week, regardless.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 01:42   #431
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Well bollocks to that, looks like I'll be firing up CinemaHD app or Kodi, I was actually going to watch it legal for a change too.
Old 17-11-2021, 10:11   #432
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

So the debt is payed we’re moving on thanks for the loan. Unbelievable. Don’t worry about the people who have enjoyed the show up until now.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 10:23   #433
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
So the debt is payed we’re moving on thanks for the loan. Unbelievable. Don’t worry about the people who have enjoyed the show up until now.
You can wait till 2022 when we'll launch our own Paramount+ streaming in the UK but we don't know when that will be.

How stupid. They must surely know that everyone wanting to see it will do so by other means.
Old 17-11-2021, 11:27   #434
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You can wait till 2022 when we'll launch our own Paramount+ streaming in the UK but we don't know when that will be.

How stupid. They must surely know that everyone wanting to see it will do so by other means.
Do they really expect us to pay more money to watch via Paramount+?
Old 17-11-2021, 13:02   #435
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Do they really expect us to pay more money to watch via Paramount+?
Some might but our household won't..