Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 16-05-2021, 16:55   #6766
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Use of language on BBC . Ie stadiums, hippopotamus ,s the word kids . " Do you have a temperature" cause l do! I'm literally (put what ever comes to mind here ). NO your not!
Old 16-05-2021, 17:27   #6767
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 18:15   #6768
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Use of language on BBC . Ie stadiums, hippopotamus ,s the word kids . " Do you have a temperature" cause l do! I'm literally (put what ever comes to mind here ). NO your not!

Mine is BBC programs that use Kilometres, when in the UK we use miles.

Then there is changing how the word is said eg "NAZI" should be Narts Ze, NOT Gnat Zee
Old 16-05-2021, 18:20   #6769
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Spoons! Where the hell are they?
I can find a dozen or more in our lad's room each week. Along with multiple plates, bowls and glasses.

He can just about carry stuff upstairs but can't carry any of it down. His laundry comes down the stairs like a howitzer shell...
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 21:26   #6770
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I can find a dozen or more in our lad's room each week. Along with multiple plates, bowls and glasses.

He can just about carry stuff upstairs but can't carry any of it down. His laundry comes down the stairs like a howitzer shell...
Old 17-05-2021, 13:20   #6771
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

SKY.

They sent me a new router at the end of March as part of the new contract. As requested I returned the old one in the packaging supplied at the start of April. Have had a couple of emails reminding me to send the old kit back but also telling me to ignore if have already return the kit. This morning I got an email to say they've added a £50 charge to our account for failing to return the router.

Nearly an hour on the phone trying to sort, including clearing security with the automated answering system then having to do it again with each of the 3 different people I spoke to. Apparently they can't sort out the charge before Thursday as that would mean they'd end up reducing our May bill by £50 when the charge has gone on the June bill. It's frustrating as it took 4 calls in March to get them to bill the account at the agreed price, and similar fun and games 18 months before. Every one of the 3 people this morning tried to tell me the system automatically adds the charges to the account. Despite me trying to explain, none of them seemed to be able to grasp that computers only do what a person has told them to do and that the system wouldn't have decided to bill me £50 for a laugh!
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2021, 20:10   #6772
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
SKY.

They sent me a new router at the end of March as part of the new contract. As requested I returned the old one in the packaging supplied at the start of April. Have had a couple of emails reminding me to send the old kit back but also telling me to ignore if have already return the kit. This morning I got an email to say they've added a £50 charge to our account for failing to return the router.

Nearly an hour on the phone trying to sort, including clearing security with the automated answering system then having to do it again with each of the 3 different people I spoke to. Apparently they can't sort out the charge before Thursday as that would mean they'd end up reducing our May bill by £50 when the charge has gone on the June bill. It's frustrating as it took 4 calls in March to get them to bill the account at the agreed price, and similar fun and games 18 months before. Every one of the 3 people this morning tried to tell me the system automatically adds the charges to the account. Despite me trying to explain, none of them seemed to be able to grasp that computers only do what a person has told them to do and that the system wouldn't have decided to bill me £50 for a laugh!
Guess it's true the grass is not always greener etc.
Old 17-05-2021, 20:15   #6773
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Guess it's true the grass is not always greener etc.
No it isn't.

If only I had a dynamic legal team at my disposal to chase them for every penny of compensation. They'd learn not to mess me about again
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2021, 20:19   #6774
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

My grass is greener as it is a new lawn and being watered every day.
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2021, 12:00   #6775
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Mine is BBC programs that use Kilometres, when in the UK we use miles.
This is a good thing. The sooner we can get people to use metric more generally the better. I know my weight (mass for pedants) in kilogrammes, height in centimetres. I know portions in grammes, volumes in litres.
It will be tricky to change miles to kilometres as lot's of road signs but not impossible. (Though one downside would be dropping speeds to nearest 5 or 10 km/h not raising them. 50mph easily -> 80km/h. 70mph is 112km/h so would become 110km/h not 115 or 120km/h, 60mph -> 96km/h so would become 95 or even 90km/h.)
Old 18-05-2021, 12:12   #6776
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
This is a good thing. The sooner we can get people to use metric more generally the better. I know my weight (mass for pedants) in kilogrammes, height in centimetres. I know portions in grammes, volumes in litres.
It will be tricky to change miles to kilometres as lot's of road signs but not impossible. (Though one downside would be dropping speeds to nearest 5 or 10 km/h not raising them. 50mph easily -> 80km/h. 70mph is 112km/h so would become 110km/h not 115 or 120km/h, 60mph -> 96km/h so would become 95 or even 90km/h.)
No it's a bad thing in my opinion, roads will always be in MPH, and England will always have a slight mix of metric and Imperial it's not going to disappear.
Old 19-05-2021, 20:02   #6777
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
My grass is greener as it is a new lawn and being watered every day.
Mine is always green ,never needs cutting and weeds are a thing of the past. Down size not a lot of change out of £15k but l gave my ride on mower away. Also no hay fever !!!!
Old 19-05-2021, 20:08   #6778
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Mine is always green ,never needs cutting and weeds are a thing of the past. Down size not a lot of change out of £15k but l gave my ride on mower away. Also no hay fever !!!!
If its plastic it's the naffest thing ever....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2021, 20:40   #6779
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If its plastic it's the naffest thing ever....
But . . . do cats crap on it?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2021, 08:15   #6780
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Plastic lawns are hard to vac/sweep the leaves off!
And as for poo don't get me started.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote