Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dynamic EPG

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Dynamic EPG

Old 17-12-2012, 11:10   #16
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Dynamic EPG

I have also noticed changes appearing in the Eurosport EPG where programmes are overrunning. Not tried recording anything yet though.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2013, 19:07   #17
Jameseh

With the tennis overrunning, the guide for BBC will be screwed up for the rest of the night. Evidence #921321 as to why Virgin needs a dynamic guide.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:29   #18
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Eventually VM will probably want to get rid of V+HD completely. And you will probably be able to get the Tivo without paying any extra.

Just say to VM that you would rather keep your box, and they should give you the Tivo free as a sweetner. But the Tivo is far better anyway.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Maybe a member of VM staff could tell us what is happening.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Haven't the broadcasters been supplying the data for years? Remember Video Plus?
On DTT and Satellite the broadcaster updates the EPG by sending the data themselves out on the fly, been doing this since around 1998.

Also the send out a programme is about to start flag and a programme has ended flag. So Satellite boxes and Freeview boxes hold off recording until a second or 2 before the programme actually starts and then stops recording at the end of the programme.

However not all providers update their EPG on playout like the main providers do.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:56   #19
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

As I've said in another post VM do seem to be hardballing customers over not providing a dynamic EPG. Does anyone have any updates as to whether VM is planning on providing its customers with what to me is a basic function of the digital television age.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 13:28   #20
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

I do hope people who want this epg get it....
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 21:13   #21
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I have 3 Tivos, all recording The Apprentice at 9pm. I just heard on BBC One that an Andy Murray special is on at 9pm and The Apprentice has been moved to 10.35pm.
Im so pleased that all 3 Tivos picked this change up and the epg is now showing the changed times. At 6.30pm my Tivos were all showing The Apprentice at 9pm as I checked my planned recordings for tomorrow.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 22:20   #22
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yes it seems for tonight they were able to change the EPG, but not able to change it last night for Luther.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 19:40   #23
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Luther's on tonight.
Old 09-07-2013, 21:04   #24
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Luther's on tonight.

Good show!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 19:35   #25
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Again i'm reviving an old topic but I think it is still relevant as it appears as though a dynamic EPG is still not available on virgin Media.

Is there any likelihood of this ever changing?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 20:45   #26
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Again i'm reviving an old topic but I think it is still relevant as it appears as though a dynamic EPG is still not available on virgin Media.

Is there any likelihood of this ever changing?
I think it was clarified on cf years ago that there were pros and cons for each system.

However, I must say that my Blu Ray recorder sports a dynamic EPG, and it works very well indeed. No need for padding and no need to sit through (or fast forward through) the ends of late running or extended programming before the one you recorded starts.
Old 13-09-2021, 21:22   #27
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

..but does your blu ray recorder have six tuners and 500 series links to reschedule when the epg changes?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 23:22   #28
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
..but does your blu ray recorder have six tuners and 500 series links to reschedule when the epg changes?
I read this as the Tec is out there .yet again virgin are not happy to spend money on it .
Old 14-09-2021, 12:32   #29
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No, it just records two programmes at any one time, but fortunately, as I only record the terrestrials on there, two programmes at a time are enough.