Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargate SG-1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Stargate SG-1

Old 10-10-2003, 23:35   #61
Defiant

Re: stargate sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
Starbuck is a women
Well he was always a lady's man but feck
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2003, 23:53   #62
Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte
So.... Back On Topic :p

Who do you guys think the Atlantians are? according to one of the Writers for SG-1 they may be a race we have allready met, who do you think are the most likley candidates??

I think it Will be Jonas Quinns People, Remember the episode where Nimti Experiments on SG-1, she also has an entire Village she has been experimenting on, whenever one of them goes into this machine (Wich was designed by the Ancients) It causes them extreme pain but when Jonas goes into the machine he doesnt even flinch. Nimti Also comments about how 3000 years of seperate evolution have changed his people much from a standard human.
Hmm I can't remember what they were called (don't think Sg1 knew) but wasn't their an enemy that used some device to make themselve's look like the humans. They took over Stargate command but ended up having to retreat. That was the first and last time we seen them. It left it open for for them to be used again.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:43   #63
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Atlantis is supposed to be an Ancient Colony, The Ancients where human in appearence, Episode 4 season 6 'Frozen' they find one of the Ancients frozen beneath the Glacier that the second stargate was found under.
Allthough that is a good choice for an obscure alien race wich we have never heard of again I doubt it is them. Im also waiting for the Reetu to make a return, we know they where amassing an army to attack Earth but we never dealt with them so there is still a massive army of invisible aliens waiting to strike Earth (and we saw how much damage 5 of them did, and we had one of them on our side that time)

Another thought is that it could be the Achene, the alien race wich sterralised the population of Earth while pretending to be our friends in the future (In episode 10 season 5 '2001' and Episode 16 season 4 '2010') Now thier name Achene could actually be how thier language has evolved seperate from the ancients (e.g. over a hundred years Ancients becomes Anchient, one hundred years later it becomes Anchene and then eventually it drops the 'n' alltogether and becomes Achene).
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:38   #64
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

aren't we also waiting for the Furlings to make an appearance?
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 19:14   #65
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

what does everyone think of jonas by the way?
i think he isn't a strong enough character and was also a pretty poor substitute for daniel.
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 20:27   #66
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic22
what does everyone think of jonas by the way?
i think he isn't a strong enough character and was also a pretty poor substitute for daniel.

Jeesh, to be honest when he first came in the series I thought he was pretty lame......but later on...well i bagan to think he was pretty smart....especially towards the end there...i was sad to see him go. In fact i reckon there is still a space for Jonas in the series, its a pity to see him go when he was just developing into a good strong character!
Old 11-10-2003, 20:37   #67
zoombini
Inactive

Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age

Jonas?
YOu mean the guy who just left the series?

lol
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 20:51   #68
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age

Yea, Jonas!! The bloke was alright......he came in and gave it a good shot....and suceeded as far as im concerned.....then got booted out because Danial wanted back!!
Old 11-10-2003, 22:08   #69
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Did Jonas remind anyone else of Joey from Friends when he first started??
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 22:29   #70
aliferste
cf.mega poster

Quote:

I just remembered him as the weedy guy from "the stand"
Old 11-10-2003, 22:37   #71
homealone

Quote:
I think I know what you mean, the innocence?

I thought your earlier idea about his "unique genetic makeup" was interesting.
Old 13-10-2003, 10:54   #72
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
aren't we also waiting for the Furlings to make an appearance?
The Furlings did make a brief appearance. It was the episode where,while investigating a new planet, Colonel Mayborne and O'Neill are transported to an area where there are dead bodies everywhere.These were the last of the Furlings.They had, so O'Neill concluded, all killed each other.

It turned out that a gou'ald had infiltrated their group and had introduced a plant into their diet, which had the same effect as locoweed. All the Furlings became paranoid and suspicious of each other to the point where they killed each other. Mayborne and O'Neill nearly suffered the same fate.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2003, 11:01   #73
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
Jeesh, to be honest when he first came in the series I thought he was pretty lame......but later on...well i bagan to think he was pretty smart....especially towards the end there...i was sad to see him go. In fact i reckon there is still a space for Jonas in the series, its a pity to see him go when he was just developing into a good strong character!
I totally agree. Jonas has earned his place at Stargate Command and has still left the script writers room to chose which 4 of the 5 went through the stargate on missions each week.

I would have thought that it also give the actors a little more free time e.g. Richard Dean Anderson is an environmentalist and could spend more time doing that, Chris Judge could spend more time writing etc.

Time to start a bring back Jonas campaign.
Old 13-10-2003, 11:16   #74
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Atlantis is supposed to be an Ancient Colony, The Ancients where human in appearence, Episode 4 season 6 'Frozen' they find one of the Ancients frozen beneath the Glacier that the second stargate was found under.
Allthough that is a good choice for an obscure alien race wich we have never heard of again I doubt it is them. Im also waiting for the Reetu to make a return, we know they where amassing an army to attack Earth but we never dealt with them so there is still a massive army of invisible aliens waiting to strike Earth (and we saw how much damage 5 of them did, and we had one of them on our side that time)

Another thought is that it could be the Achene, the alien race wich sterralised the population of Earth while pretending to be our friends in the future (In episode 10 season 5 '2001' and Episode 16 season 4 '2010') Now thier name Achene could actually be how thier language has evolved seperate from the ancients (e.g. over a hundred years Ancients becomes Anchient, one hundred years later it becomes Anchene and then eventually it drops the 'n' alltogether and becomes Achene).
There was the episode where the Stargate team find a sea and an alien comes out of the water and kidnaps Daniel. He also convinces the others by brainwashing that Daniel is dead because he wants to use Daniel's knowledge of Babylon to find out about his mate. Daniel is held prisoner underwater, while the alien interrogates him.The alien has possibilities as an Atlantan.

I'm also looking forward to the return of the Reetu and even suggested on the Stargate web-site that a Reetu hit team assassinates the US president thus making way for Senator Kinsey (Ronnie Cox) to become president, with all the implications that has for General Hammond.

The alien found in the glacier was interesting. Human in form but having amazing powers. Maybe the difference is to do with the development of the mind and the brain and all the hidden powers we possess. Maybe the ancients are where we will be in the future when we finally understand our potential.
Old 14-10-2003, 20:03   #75
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

the kid that was playing young o'neill in episode 3 had him down to a T and had me in stitches
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote