Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargate SG-1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Stargate SG-1

Old 09-10-2003, 17:51   #46
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22
Re: stargate sg1

watching the 2nd episode of series 7 ,i am wondering why we haven't seen the face of anubis yet....i am thinking maybe its going to be someone from a past series brought back to life....apophis for example.
anyone else thought this about anubis?
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2003, 18:18   #47
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic22
watching the 2nd episode of series 7 ,i am wondering why we haven't seen the face of anubis yet....i am thinking maybe its going to be someone from a past series brought back to life....apophis for example.
anyone else thought this about anubis?
Nah, I cant see it being Apohis.......well then again......nah...that would be plain silly

Where is the plot guide for series 8 by the way?
Old 09-10-2003, 18:24   #48
dr wadd

I`m obviously not going to post a spoiler here, but I thought we had already learned the reason why we don`t see his face. I`m not sure if I saw that on telly or the web, so not going to post the details.

*Edit* Gateworld mentions why, in the Anubis page, and it only goes up as far as the episodes we've had on Sky 1, so must have been on television.
Old 09-10-2003, 18:29   #49
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr wadd
I`m obviously not going to post a spoiler here, but I thought we had already learned the reason why we don`t see his face. I`m not sure if I saw that on telly or the web, so not going to post the details.

*Edit* Gateworld mentions why, in the Anubis page, and it only goes up as far as the episodes we've had on Sky 1, so must have been on television.
I'm sure I remember Daniel speculating that Anubis is a Goa'uld who learned how to "ascend", but was sent back & is somehow connected to the Ancients?
Old 09-10-2003, 18:38   #50
Atomic22
Inactive

Services: Very High Monthly Bills!
Atomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really niceAtomic22 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to Atomic22 Send a message via AIM to Atomic22 Send a message via MSN to Atomic22 Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic22

most news is available on www.gateworld.net about series 7 and www.stargate-sg1.com/home.html seems to carry a lot of breaking news on series 8...i was just pondering though as to anubis being unmasked as someone else from the past in a future episode maybe in series 8
Atomic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 21:11   #51
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age

Bit of a change of subject i know.......but is anyone looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica series?

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

Old 09-10-2003, 21:38   #52
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
Bit of a change of subject i know.......but is anyone looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica series?

thanks - didn't know about that, "re-invent the sci-fi television series" - we will wait and see.
Old 09-10-2003, 21:39   #53
Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
I'm sure I remember Daniel speculating that Anubis is a Goa'uld who learned how to "ascend", but was sent back & is somehow connected to the Ancients?
Correct. I dont think he learn't to ascent though they took him. Realised they made a mistake but somehow he learn't how to stay. So he's like halfway their (limbo). He has some sort of field around him to protect him from ascending back. We still dont know why they left him alone though
Old 09-10-2003, 21:41   #54
aliferste
cf.mega poster

Have a look through the site........it is iether going to be very very good........or very very bad !!!!
They seem to be taking it in an altogether different direction!

edit::im talking about battlestar galactica!
Old 09-10-2003, 22:02   #55
Defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste

Doe's this carry on from the 80's series were they got back to earth but were preparing for the enemy (whatever they were called) Or is it going to be started from the very beginning
Old 10-10-2003, 02:25   #56
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

From what I gather, Anubis Gou'ld'ed somone who had the knowledge of how to ascend but had not ascended yet (Probably wasnt ready to die), he used this knowledge to ascend himself, when he started to abuse his power the others tried to banish him (Much like that guy in the episode in Series 5 'Ascention'). Only he resisted, maybe something to do with him coming from a different species, as far as we know only the ancients and humans have ever ascended before and since we are basicly the same species who knows what wierd things another species would be able to do if ascended.
They tried to push him back to our Realm like they did with Daniel only when he pushed back He got stuck in another Realm wich exists between ours and the ascended realm.
once he got stuck in this sort of Limbo the other ascended could not effect him, they couldnt erase his memory like they did with daniel so he used the knowledge he gained to find all of these shiny new superweapons he now has (Such as the new shields)

On a side note, has anyone read the script outtakes for the season 7 series finale?? It was originally writen to be the first feature movie and the launching platform for Stargate Atlantis. I gotta say after reading it I hope they dont change much coz it sounds awesome.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:09   #57
aliferste
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant
Doe's this carry on from the 80's series were they got back to earth but were preparing for the enemy (whatever they were called) Or is it going to be started from the very beginning

its going to be from the very beginning....Starbuck is a women and the Cylons have made themselves proper bodies..

Have a look through the site......im disapointed that they have changed he Cylons.....I still think they were the coolest bady out
Old 10-10-2003, 09:29   #58
dr wadd

Well, when Edward James Olmos who is playing Adama in the new version says at a press conference for the show that fans of the original should avoid the remake you`ve got to wonder just how bad it is.

http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/arch...ic/3831-1.html
Old 10-10-2003, 12:15   #59
ntluser
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Telephone,TV with Tivo box & Superhub3 upto 150Mb Broadband, Sky World, & Freeview+
ntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of societyntluser is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr wadd
Well, when Edward James Olmos who is playing Adama in the new version says at a press conference for the show that fans of the original should avoid the remake you`ve got to wonder just how bad it is.

http://www.filmhobbit.com/forum/arch...ic/3831-1.html
I suppose that means it is so far removed from the original series that fans who really enjoyed it may/will be disappointed with the new series.

It may well be they want to move the series on in new directions but I quite liked the Cylons and their technology.

It does make you wonder about the wisdom of re-making classic shows as in most cases the re-makes tend to be disappointing.
ntluser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 22:27   #60
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

So.... Back On Topic :p

Who do you guys think the Atlantians are? according to one of the Writers for SG-1 they may be a race we have allready met, who do you think are the most likley candidates??

I think it Will be Jonas Quinns People, Remember the episode where Nimti Experiments on SG-1, she also has an entire Village she has been experimenting on, whenever one of them goes into this machine (Wich was designed by the Ancients) It causes them extreme pain but when Jonas goes into the machine he doesnt even flinch. Nimti Also comments about how 3000 years of seperate evolution have changed his people much from a standard human.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote