Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Supergirl

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Supergirl

Old 24-09-2021, 12:45   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Supergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Btw, I know J'onn is an alien and can fly but since when did he turn into Superman and be able to lift cranes up?
Was also that in the Justice League animated show

https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/J%27onn_J%27onzz

Quote:
J'onn possesses a vast array of superpowers that he uses to serve others: superhuman strength, speed, limited invulnerability, telepathy, and several others.

J'onn is not only able to fly but is able to do so at speeds of the level of meta-humans. His superhuman strength makes him much stronger than the other members of the League, with the exceptions of Superman and Wonder Woman. Under normal circumstances, J'onn's strength is inferior to that of Superman's, but his strength could be augmented by his phase-shifting and size-manipulation powers. Hence, he might actually be as strong as Superman, if not stronger, depending on the extent to which he used his powers.
Old 24-09-2021, 15:35   #47
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I'll let them off then. I would say my realism factor is satisfied but it begs the question as to why he hasnt stepped up before in the multitude of perilous situations they have faced. It is a bit late now with only 8 eps left.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 16:21   #48
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

TBH, Ive not really ever paid that much attention.
I dont think hes displayed or used superstrength much in previous seasons ?

If that were the only issue with supergirl now, Id be fine with it.
The fact all her friends seem to be turning into superheroes now is getting a bit silly.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2021, 14:20   #49
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

After last week and this week I'm about to chuck it. Honestly the preaching is totally overtaken the show. Black people can't afford housing and black people can't afford hospital care was all that the last two episodes were about really. Anything else was just thrown in to try and make it seem like a TV show.
Old 25-09-2021, 20:21   #50
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

The thing which I don't understand is why they are doing it. Everyone had enough of it last season and you would have thought they had got the message but instead they have doubled down on it. What kind of ming mong writers and producers have you got on the series that think they are genuinely doing the best job they can at making a superhero series and honestly believe they are doing a good job. The viewers are -33% year on year.
Old 09-11-2021, 17:52   #51
General Maximus
Ran Away

Brace yourself, there is a trailer to warm us up for tonight's series finale.

Old 09-11-2021, 20:23   #52
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Ive got this far so I'll stick out the final 2 episodes.
If its like the previous recent episodes, I'll be skipping about 25%.
It will probably be full of the usual preachy convoluted 'drama' as well.

Old 09-11-2021, 22:04   #53
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I won't, I gave up on it last season.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 22:07   #54
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I feel exactly the same
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 14:18   #55
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Meh ending to go with an overall meh season. Glad it is over tbh
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 00:44   #56
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Yes, it was very meh & tiresome, so much filler and false 'drama'.
So much preaching it was almost unbearable, even getting a 'consent' jibe in.

I actually ended up skipping about 25% of E19, and about 60% of E20.
They wrapped up the actual story early in E20, the rest was just snoozy filler.

Its sad that what started as such a great series turned into something so poor, I wont miss it.

Old 11-11-2021, 12:12   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

What's sad is that in great series you hear about the collaboration between producers, writers, and actors and how influential some of the main cast are in suggesting story ideas and key plot points. What is sad is that in this series everyone just seems to be along for the ride and I can't believe non of the actors hadn't gone along and said to somebody "this is going down hill" or "I don't like what is happening to my character and we need to change direction".