Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Publisher 2019 Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Publisher 2019 Problem

Old 05-09-2021, 22:39   #1
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough
Publisher 2019 Problem

Im having an issue with printing of images using Publisher 2019.

I create posters for our local pub as a hobby and until now all has been ok, but now for example if im trying to print a poster one of 3 things could happen...
1 - Prints no problem.
2 - It will partly print some of the images... orrrrrr
3 - It will not print at all.

Ive reinstalled the software and no luck.

Anyone have any idea?
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2021, 23:17   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Publisher 2019 Problem

how is the printer connected? wifi perchance?
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 23:31   #3
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

Yes its wifi, its a Canon 5750 and its 2 rooms away.

According to the printer it has a good signal and all other apps seem to work and as i said until today Publisher worked fine.

Ive tried a restart of the PC to but nothing.
Old 05-09-2021, 23:36   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Can you re-print old files ok? Or are old posters that you definitely used to be able to print, now not printing properly?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 23:45   #5
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie View Post
Yes its wifi, its a Canon 5750 and its 2 rooms away.

According to the printer it has a good signal and all other apps seem to work and as i said until today Publisher worked fine.

Ive tried a restart of the PC to but nothing.
I have seen countless issues with printing over wifi over the years and because of what I have experienced would never use wifi printers and instead opt for network models that plug directly into my Lan.

When you uninstalled the software did you also uninstall the printer? is only the one showing in devices or is there a copy now? if there is a copy make sure you delete the oldest
Old 05-09-2021, 23:46   #6
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Ive just attempted 4 old files and 1 out of 4 failed.

There's just no pattern to what's gonna fail and what's not, i've set the driver now to print preview before it prints and i know then if its gonna fail because either images are missing from the preview or if its just a blank page.

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I have seen countless issues with printing over wifi over the years and because of what I have experienced would never use wifi printers and instead opt for network models that plug directly into my Lan.

When you uninstalled the software did you also uninstall the printer? is only the one showing in devices or is there a copy now? if there is a copy make sure you delete the oldest
I updated the driver i didnt uninstall it no.

Ive never had problems over wireless till now.
Old 05-09-2021, 23:48   #7
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Ive just attempted 4 old files and 1 out of 4 failed.

There's just no pattern to what's gonna fail and what's not, i've set the driver now to print preview before it prints and i know then if its gonna fail because either images are missing from the preview or if its just a blank page.

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

I updated the driver i didnt uninstall it no.

Ive never had problems over wireless till now.
Yeah I have had loads of call outs to wifi printer problems

Do you have another machine to test it with ?
Old 06-09-2021, 00:12   #8
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

I will do tomorrow, the other half is dog sitting at his parents place tonight and has the laptop so when he comes back tomorrow i will try off the laptop.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:08   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Yeah I have had loads of call outs to wifi printer problems

Do you have another machine to test it with ?
Pretty sure if she can see the problems coming in print preview then it’s nothing to do with Wi-fi.

Updated drivers can break things in my experience, especially if the printer old and no longer fully supported. I have an old Canon here that I can print to with full access to all features from an old Mac but the newer Mac only has access to a generic driver and it can’t fully control the printer.

Based on what she’s said so far I’d be trawling the internet for the older driver before I started mucking about with Ethernet cable.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:19   #10
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Pretty sure if she can see the problems coming in print preview then it’s nothing to do with Wi-fi.

Updated drivers can break things in my experience, especially if the printer old and no longer fully supported. I have an old Canon here that I can print to with full access to all features from an old Mac but the newer Mac only has access to a generic driver and it can’t fully control the printer.

Based on what she’s said so far I’d be trawling the internet for the older driver before I started mucking about with Ethernet cable.
I missed that bit but still do not trust wifi printer hehe

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

OP What are the order of events?
Did you start having issues before any updates? were the updates done after you started having the problem?
Old 06-09-2021, 12:03   #11
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

WiFi printing can indeed be a law unto itself. I can usually see mine via AirPrint but sometimes it just doesn’t work and there’s no obvious reason why. Restarting the printer usually fixes it. Mind you, the only Wi-fi issue I’ve had with the printer is it just vanishing from the print dialogue. I’ve never had an issue with selective printing of page elements from a DTP file. My diagnosis there would firstly be to check which elements are linked and which are embedded in the .pub file and to check whether linked elements have been moved to a different location in the file system, and secondly to try reverting to an older printer driver, if there’s good reason to believe the problems coincided with the driver update.

My kids’ school chromebooks can’t see our printer at all, but then those devices are locked down so hard by our paranoid LEA it’s impossible to work out whether that’s something they’ve done to it or not.

Last edited by Chris; 06-09-2021 at 12:07.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:59   #12
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Right i've uninstalled the printer driver, restarted PC and reinstalled the latest driver and so far its OK again now, ive printed out 2 lots of posters and 4 lots of business cards along with 10 letter heads and it worked flawlessly.
Old 06-09-2021, 13:59   #13
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Most likely a corrupted driver then.
Old 06-09-2021, 17:54   #14
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Right i've uninstalled the printer driver, restarted PC and reinstalled the latest driver and so far its OK again now, ive printed out 2 lots of posters and 4 lots of business cards along with 10 letter heads and it worked flawlessly.
Who came up with the idea of doing this and did the work?? lol

So all the thanks goes to your dad!
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote