Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tropospheric Ducting Forecast link

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Tropospheric Ducting Forecast link

Old 22-06-2020, 18:22   #1
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Tropospheric Ducting Forecast link

A useful link to a 6 day forecast for conditions likely to cause co-channel interference to analogue FM radio, DAB radio & Digital Freeview services.

If you start having problems particularly during the summer months it’s worth checking these first before blaming your equipment or aerial system.

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2020, 19:05   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Tropospheric Ducting Forecast link

My elderly neighbour was having problems with her Freeview reception last summer.

I checked all her connections and as she had a relatively new aerial and TV I started to look on the internet for possible explanations/fixes. I came across the site you have linked to and I also came across an article which explains and how Tropospheric Ducting or the Inversion Effect effects signals. Unfortunately on checking the forecast for our area it did not seem to be the reason for her problems.

I then found another possible explanation which can also cause similar Freeview interference. 4G. Honest it's legitimate and not just aluminium hat territory.

The site at800 was set up under Government direction ensuring viewers who rely on Freeview for TV continue to receive it when 4G services launch across the country.

We had had a 4G mast erected locally over a year previously and she not had any problems originally but I contacted at800 and they sent her a free filter which I installed and her reception is has been perfect ever since. No more pixellation or sound interference.

Last edited by joglynne; 22-06-2020 at 19:09.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 20:45   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

The ironic thing is that the 800 MHz filters were designed to remove the interference from UHF channels 58 to 60. However these channels are also now reallocated for 5G with the top broadcast channel now channel 48 (once temporary Mux 7 closes on channel 55).

at800 are now supplying 700 MHz filters to combat 5G interference on channels 46 to 48.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 21:19   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Thanks for that extra information nodrogd.