Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 16-03-2024, 15:12   #811
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: Doctor Who

First two episodes drop at midnight 11 May on iPlayer and Disney plus elsewhere. Broadcast episode at 7 pm before Eurovision song contest.
Old 16-03-2024, 15:21   #812
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I see fans bleating on social media about having to avoid spoilers during Saturday daytime presumably because they want to watch it as-broadcast at 7pm. Others moaning at the principle of east-coast US audiences getting the luxury of the 7pm Friday drop because this means Disney has taken over.

Who fandom is possibly the most negative community on the entire planet, never satisfied, permanently paranoid and totally unable to simply enjoy anything (or understand that Disney is the thing that has most effectively future-proofed Doctor Who as a TV series for the foreseeable future).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2024, 15:28   #813
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

My mate was moaning to me about it last night. Blaming dosney etc and shame on the BBC.

However iplayer have been getting shows and series before airing for a while now. Its a non issue really.
Old 16-03-2024, 16:08   #814
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
However iplayer have been getting shows and series before airing for a while now. Its a non issue really.
Absolutely. Great strategy to get a buzz going.
Old 16-03-2024, 16:47   #815
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It sure is. I think they might even put the weeks estenders on iplayer at the start of the week.

I know they did it for silent Witness last series. Each part aired Monday amd Tuesday nights but at 9am every Monday both parts were put on iplayer. I preferred it as could watch anytime and not wait for 9pm.

I think they may get better viewer numbers doing it on iplayer at midnight and then aorong later in evening. I'll watch before bed or as soon as I get up on Saturday.
Old 16-03-2024, 23:06   #816
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yep, iPlayer has been getting stuff before it airs for quite a while now. I think ITV do the same.
Its rather curious they are doing two episodes on the same day, when they only have eight to air.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote