Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Internet Keeps dropping on NET GEAR MR814 Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Internet Keeps dropping on NET GEAR MR814 Router

Old 17-01-2006, 08:38   #1
zahid4u
Inactive

zahid4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Internet Keeps dropping on NET GEAR MR814 Router

I need some help here people, what it is i have a NET GEAR MR814 router and its playing up since i have bought it all it is i have a NTL BB and when ever i am surfing the internet wirelessly and wired after hour or so randomly it drops internet connection and when i login to the router and check the "Router Status" its shows all this
IP 0.0.0.0.0
DHCP 0.0.0.0.0
DEFAULT GATEWAY 0.0.0.0.0

However when the internet works fine when i check the status then it shows the ip addresses and others but its only when the internet stops working all of the router status wipes away? is a firmware fault? i have upload a newest firmware and old one too but nothing seems working it does the same,
please help me people, thanks for any replies..
zahid4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2006, 10:52   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Internet Keeps dropping on NET GEAR MR814 Router

When you installed the router did you power off your SACM/ STB before changing your connection set up? Also did you use the router MAC address to register?
Do the lights on the router change when the connection drops?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 14:59   #3
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

have u tried downloading a update for your router i have a netgear router i cant remember the model its the one that is for bradband modems and is capable of doing 108mbs and is xbox live compatible

anyway i bought it from a well known auction website for about £30.00, it kept dropping the net and thought it was faulty and about to return the item then i looked to see what firmware it had and i just upgraded the firmware from netgear website and it hasnt dropped connection in 4 months none stop, unless the fault was at telewest end.

hope this helps
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2006, 08:26   #4
zahid4u
Inactive

zahid4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
When you installed the router did you power off your SACM/ STB before changing your connection set up? Also did you use the router MAC address to register?
Do the lights on the router change when the connection drops?
Yes i did power off the router when i installed it, and i used the computers MAC address to register...still keeps doing the same i have even ticked the "Remote management" box it still didnt make a difference...
zahid4u is offline   Reply With Quote