Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Everything Everywhere.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Everything Everywhere.

Old 01-07-2011, 22:00   #16
MartJ
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP30 package Virgin Mobile x 2
MartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about themMartJ has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Everything Everywhere.

Wish they would get it sorted sooner, the VM Signal here of late has been appalling, niver used to have a problem, but now we struggle to get up to 3 bars on any of the 3 phones we have in the house.

Also the Virgin Mobile "Team" have failed to respond to any of my e-mails on the subject of falling signal levels.
MartJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2011, 23:02   #17
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

EE are rationalising the network by switching off either the Orange mast or the T-mobile mast in places where they are duplicated. It's not affecting Orange and T-m customers because they have been able to roam on each others networks for months now. But for virtual network users it has been quite a problem in certain places. It sounds like you're one of the many victims of mast shutdown.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 15:26   #18
snowey
Inactive

Services: Virgin media, tv, telephone, cable bb,30mb,mobile, tivo.
snowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Per http://www.virginmediapeople.com/changes/JV15/

Bigger, Better Coverage
Virgin Mobile customers enjoy coverage here, there and just about everywhere. We’ve always used the T-Mobile network, which covers over 99% of the UK population, to provide our service. But from this Autumn, we’ll use the Everything Everywhere network (the company formed by Orange and T-Mobile). So, in some areas where the coverage might otherwise dip, you’ll automatically be able to use the Everything Everywhere network at the same great Virgin Mobile rates. Wherever you are, we’ve got you covered.

My highlighting

Good about time too
snowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 22:41   #19
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
EE are rationalising the network by switching off either the Orange mast or the T-mobile mast in places where they are duplicated. It's not affecting Orange and T-m customers because they have been able to roam on each others networks for months now. But for virtual network users it has been quite a problem in certain places. It sounds like you're one of the many victims of mast shutdown.
All correct, except for the bit about duplicate sites being removed. I'm yet to see anyone provide concrete examples of this. I'm sure network planners on both sides of the EE fence are looking at what the combined network will be like, but very much doubt it's gone beyond that.

Remember we don't have incall handover yet, so the 2 networks are still operating and being maintained independently.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 22:49   #20
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
All correct, except for the bit about duplicate sites being removed. I'm yet to see anyone provide concrete examples of this. I'm sure network planners on both sides of the EE fence are looking at what the combined network will be like, but very much doubt it's gone beyond that.

Remember we don't have incall handover yet, so the 2 networks are still operating and being maintained independently.
Virgin disagrees with you.

Quote:
A spokesman for Virgin Media told PC Pro that its customers would eventually be granted access to both T-Mobile and Orange. “As T-Mobile and Orange integrate their mobile networks, there may be some isolated incidents where signal strength is disrupted,” the spokesman claimed.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 14:09   #21
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Standard marketing reply to cover all bases then. Means nothing operationally. They also use the word "may" not "will".

Seriously: If Orange & T-Mobile were removing sites across their respective networks "en masse" in advance of incall handover, would dropped call rates and complaints to both networks not be dramatically increasing? Why is Virgin the only MVNO on Orange/T-Mobile claiming this? There are several other VNOs using one of the two networks.

I am not doubting there may be isolated individual examples of sites being decommissioned due to legal/rent issues and maybe not being replaced immediately, but then this has been happening for years and is part & parcel of estates management for the big UK networks. Virgin seem to be suggesting that some of these cases are directly linked to the network consolidation. It is that, that I'm suggesting is nonsense.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 15:33   #22
lee1992
Inactive

lee1992 is an unknown quantity at this point

so from autumn will i be able to recieve an EDGE signal from orange on my virgin handset ? ? i'm really looking forward to virgin joining EE , i find virgin / t mobile network coverage appauling . there is no way it covers 99% of the country.
lee1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 15:36   #23
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point

I just think the coverage is poor inside of buildings with Virgin. For example I get a signal no problem outside of our house but inside its a poor signal. I get an excellent signal in rural northumberland too when we visit there but again inside the house there its poor.
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 18:16   #24
TJS
Inactive

Services: 50 Mb broadband; TV XL V+ & V, Phone XL
TJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really niceTJS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipster View Post
I just think the coverage is poor inside of buildings with Virgin. For example I get a signal no problem outside of our house but inside its a poor signal. I get an excellent signal in rural northumberland too when we visit there but again inside the house there its poor.
Virgin media piggyback on T-mobile signal. I'm on t-mobile and the signal in my area is immaculate I never get less then half no matter where I am, and if the signal ever drops out it'll flick over to orange (rarely)
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 19:00   #25
jamie29
Inactive

Services: Ex VIP20...Dropped Talk international and added 50Mbps
jamie29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1992 View Post
so from autumn will i be able to recieve an EDGE signal from orange on my virgin handset ? ? i'm really looking forward to virgin joining EE , i find virgin / t mobile network coverage appauling . there is no way it covers 99% of the country.
It's 99% of the population, not 99% of the country.
jamie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 21:02   #26
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

This does not apply to 3G services or future 4G services, the T-Mobile 3G network was merged with Hutchison 3G's (3 mobile) and the infrastructure is called MBNL, Orange customers do not have access to it and instead Orange 3G has its own infrastructure which is smaller, Virgin Mobile customers won't be able to use that, so if you're thinking of using the Orange 3G signal then you will find that it will say no access or not allowed.

4G services will probably be leased from a completely different company, a company called UK Broadband has already approached Virgin Mobile about this.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 09:01   #27
Dave_M
Inactive

Dave_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea of dates? Virgin originally said from the summer but that has since changed to from the autumn
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 09:09   #28
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
Any idea of dates? Virgin originally said from the summer but that has since changed to from the autumn
I think you will find it will be down to Orange and T mobile. If they are not ready then Virgin will be late.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote