Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Landlords and Tax 2023-2024

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Landlords and Tax 2023-2024

Old 05-05-2023, 16:48   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Landlords and Tax 2023-2024

The taxman is coming for you.

https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/kno...your%20profits.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2023, 16:52   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Landlords and Tax 2023-2024

A link where you don’t have to sign up with an email address, and it’s mainly for buy-to-let landlords.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https://www....uy-to-let-tax/

Not sure this will affect many CF’ers…

Quote:
Corporation tax rate rise

​​Since buy-to-let mortgage interest tax relief was reduced to the basic rate of income tax, a high number of landlords have transferred ownership of their buy-to-let portfolios to a limited company.

This means that they have to pay corporation tax instead of completing a Self Assessment.

From April 2023, the corporation tax rate for companies with profits above £250,000 increased from 19 per cent to 25 per cent.

Landlords with a limited company portfolio that generates profits of between £50,001 and £250,000 will pay corporation tax at 25 per cent, reduced by a marginal relief. This means they’ll pay a gradually higher tax rate based on how much they earn.

Landlords who make annual profits of up to £50,000 will continue to pay corporation tax at 19 per cent.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 17:07   #3
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

This is really really bad. A friend of mine is a landlord and he is getting out.

This is going to screw landlords with mortgages and tenants as the landlords dump their stock making the housing crisis even worse. Glad I am a secure tenant in a council house I tell ya
Old 05-05-2023, 17:23   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It’s on profit, and the earnings rates are the same as PAYE.
Old 05-05-2023, 17:29   #5
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Not any more it isn't from what he was saying

Quote:
For the 2023-24 tax year, landlords will pay 20 per cent tax on buy-to-let income between £12,571 and £50,270.
From your link. He was telling me currently he was getting taxed purely on profit after mortgage and the new way he has to pay tax on the total rent he charges so he is dumping stock and getting out of it. I am guessing he makes a fair bit more than the £12k. And I am only going on what he told me so don't shoot the messenger

It is the changes to Section 24 he was on about. Which still counts

https://www.nationalpropertybuyers.c...tal%20property.

I do not understand it hahaha I just know he is dumping stock and a lot of others are also

Last edited by Jaymoss; 05-05-2023 at 17:33.
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 17:41   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Not any more it isn't from what he was saying

Quote:
For the 2023-24 tax year, landlords will pay 20 per cent tax on buy-to-let income between £12,571 and £50,270.
From your link. He was telling me currently he was getting taxed purely on profit after mortgage and the new way he has to pay tax on the total rent he charges so he is dumping stock and getting out of it. I am guessing he makes a fair bit more than the £12k. And I am only going on what he told me so don't shoot the messenger

It is the changes to Section 24 he was on about. Which still counts

https://www.nationalpropertybuyers.c...tal%20property.

I do not understand it hahaha I just know he is dumping stock and a lot of others are also
They are now aligned

https://www.gov.uk/income-tax-rates

PAYE rates

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3961.jpeg (40.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 05-05-2023, 19:56   #7
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
A link where you don’t have to sign up with an email address, and it’s mainly for buy-to-let landlords.
It just lets me straight in? No signing-in required?
Old 05-05-2023, 21:00   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

This is what I get - it asks for an email address and blurs out the bottom of the page.

Logging in from a Chrome browser on iPad iOS on a VM IP, no VPN being used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3962.jpeg (40.1 KB, 56 views)
Old 05-05-2023, 21:51   #9
Taf
cf.mega poster

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (216.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (234.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (285.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-05-2023, 02:13   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
This is what I get - it asks for an email address and blurs out the bottom of the page.
uBlock Origin kills that here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 18:03   #11
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Seems fair