Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone line cover

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Phone line cover

Old 30-04-2023, 12:17   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Phone line cover

Anyone any idea were I can get a new cover for the entry point of the telephone/ internet cables , even what it is really called would be a help. Mine has disintegrated ,mind you it was fitted in the time of Cable Tel ! Not a virgin van around when you need one
Old 30-04-2023, 13:10   #2
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Phone line cover

I had no idea what they were called either, but guessed many people would search the internet in equal ignorance and use a descriptive term. So I tried Googling 'cable inlet cover' and was pleasantly surprised with the number of companies who supply them.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2023, 13:58   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Anyone any idea were I can get a new cover for the entry point of the telephone/ internet cables , even what it is really called would be a help. Mine has disintegrated ,mind you it was fitted in the time of Cable Tel ! Not a virgin van around when you need one
Wouldn't it be Virgins responsibility to supply & replace it?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2023, 14:49   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Wouldn't it be Virgins responsibility to supply & replace it?
Would agree but we're to go , you must know how unhelpful they can be.
Old 30-04-2023, 14:54   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Would agree but we're to go , you must know how unhelpful they can be.
You phone support or make a post on the virgin forums and an engineer will fix it.
Old 30-04-2023, 15:07   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It’s called a brick buster plate. Yes, Virgin should come out and deal with it but it’s probably less of a headache to spend £5 on one from Amazon, plus a tube of No More Nails exterior adhesive. Get the job done in minutes.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2023, 15:11   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

If the cable is descending from above remember to make sure there's a drip loop in it. (Small loop below the entry point)
Old 30-04-2023, 20:24   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You phone support or make a post on the virgin forums and an engineer will fix it.
Postéd on forum. Will wait and see what happens No joy phoning , rep didnt have a clue what I was talking about when I called , no surprise there.
Old 30-04-2023, 21:39   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Postéd on forum. Will wait and see what happens No joy phoning , rep didnt have a clue what I was talking about when I called , no surprise there.
Likely take up to 7 days for a reply although when I posted on there about land line not working they messaged me within a few hours and booked an engineer so it could be shorter especially on a week day.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:19   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
You weren't wrong about them! That foreign based call centre is totally useless. Good idea to post in their forum
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 18:53   #11
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Likely take up to 7 days for a reply although when I posted on there about land line not working they messaged me within a few hours and booked an engineer so it could be shorter especially on a week day.
As it was weekend / bank holiday not expecting anything any time soon
Old 09-05-2023, 19:38   #12
Itshim
Do I care what you think

All sorted via forum, engineer coming end of month, no charge . Thank every one for your help