Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 06-03-2023, 17:31   #421
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Price rises this year.

The industry is in cartel mode with BT, VM and TT in union on the inflation busting rises, but hopefully Ofcom will see that as market failure and step in, it is going to be reviewed soon.

Not VM related, but I am moving my EE mobile service to 1 pence mobile because of the greed.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2023, 18:19   #422
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
You can terminate by letter.
Thanks, but ideally I want VM to confirm my cancellation date and equipment collection arrangement before signing up with another provider

Last edited by nialli; 06-03-2023 at 18:32.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 18:43   #423
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think i will move to vodafone for home phone & BB ( 145meg / min phone ) 27.00 per month . been with virginmedia for 16 years but what they are doing is impossible for most customers !
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 21:37   #424
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
The industry is in cartel mode with BT, VM and TT in union on the inflation busting rises, but hopefully Ofcom will see that as market failure and step in, it is going to be reviewed soon.

Not VM related, but I am moving my EE mobile service to 1 pence mobile because of the greed.
That's exactly what I did when Virgin Mobile tried to charge me £7 a extra per month two years ago.

Their own attempted greed led to them making nothing from me .

Haven't looked back since moving to 1p mobile. Their customer service is good too, unlike that dreadful offshore place that Virgin Mobile used. They were ignorant on every level.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I got my price rise letter this morning so I've called to cancel all services. I was on the phone for half an hour, explained that I can't afford the price rise or accept the new T&Cs (which mean ongoing inflation-busting annual rises). I was put on hold only for the operator at the other end to return and say that "our systems are down so we can't process your request". She asks if she can call me back later. It sounds to me like I'm going to be passed to a different team. If I don't get a call back (and I'm not holding my breath) I'll phone again tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this "systems down" excuse for not processing a clear cancellation request?
Could be a stalling tactic to make you stay for longer or in the hope that you can't be botheted/forget to try again.

I would argue that your 30 days notice should start from the date of this call.

You can be sure that there won't be any 'system problems' when it comes to processing these price increases.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 06-03-2023 at 21:38. Reason: Spelling Fac HTH.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 22:20   #425
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Virgin now offering me £10 a month price drop for 6 months then price freeze for 18 months.
Will call VM again tomorrow. I’m sure they’ll improve their offer but the change to T&Cs really angers me and I’m thinking they don’t deserve my custom now. “Never reward bad supplier behaviour” was my motto in business.
25 years a NTL/VM customer - I’ve never been a Sky customer but I am impressed by a friend’s Glass (after refusing Virgin’s ugly Horizon/360 “upgrade”), so is it time to Believe In Better?

Last edited by nialli; 06-03-2023 at 22:25.
Old 06-03-2023, 22:25   #426
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I got my price rise letter this morning so I've called to cancel all services. I was on the phone for half an hour, explained that I can't afford the price rise or accept the new T&Cs (which mean ongoing inflation-busting annual rises). I was put on hold only for the operator at the other end to return and say that "our systems are down so we can't process your request". She asks if she can call me back later. It sounds to me like I'm going to be passed to a different team. If I don't get a call back (and I'm not holding my breath) I'll phone again tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this "systems down" excuse for not processing a clear cancellation request?
It does sound like cobblers. The support forum is full of folks finding it impossible to cancel. The goto advice seems to be to write a letter to Sunderland (recorded delivery), but why the heck should you have to do that in the 21st century? (no guarantee that works either). A click of a button is all it takes to upgrade services, why not a click to downgrade/cancel?

The regulator needs to take VM to the cleaners. The company is the pits customer service wise.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 23:12   #427
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It does sound like cobblers. The support forum is full of folks finding it impossible to cancel. The goto advice seems to be to write a letter to Sunderland (recorded delivery), but why the heck should you have to do that in the 21st century? (no guarantee that works either). A click of a button is all it takes to upgrade services, why not a click to downgrade/cancel?

The regulator needs to take VM to the cleaners. The company is the pits customer service wise.
The termination letter maybe a little old fashioned but it does leave the person canceling the service with some control, if the cancelation is over the phone it may not be actioned and the phone call recording the termination may not be available at a later date!!!!!!

The letter does provide proof that that the service has been canceled, the termination period kicks in from the day that VM receives the letter, see VM T&Cs, hence the recorded delivery.

I do agree that the customer shouldnt have to resort to a formal cancelation letter but its probably the best way if you want to cancel with as little fuss as possible.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 19:50   #428
nialli
cf.geek

I was talking to Retentions yesterday. They called me back today (!) and offered me a discount on my current cost until the end of my contract (June 2023). I accepted and got an email from them a few hours later confirming my new price until the end of my contract. Can’t complain about them today.
Old 07-03-2023, 20:43   #429
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I excepted an offer from retentions today, a £21.50 discount (price rise amount) until July when my contract runs out. April and May's bills will be around £54 then back up to £76.

I'm still on a Sky Stream trail for another week or so, I'm pretty impressed with it and the picture quality is brilliant, especially on the SD channels (MTV 80's etc) I will see what July brings.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:38   #430
crossbow1956
cf.member

crossbow1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think two chances when i phone them and they saying the system is down on the second attempt of phoning them & no joy then i will cancel my dd as i am out of contract in July i will tell them this & see what happens they cannot hold customers to ransom last resort is to consult citizens advise get them to help .
crossbow1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:15   #431
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough

My new YouFibre 150mbs Broadband is being installed early next month at £21.99 a month for 2years, with no “in contract prices rises” guaranteed I consider it a very good deal.

I have still not had any notification from Virgin!!!
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 14:53   #432
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea this one seems easy to dodge. Rang up today and got the £21.50 increase nullified til end of contract. Keeping the ultimate volt for £44 bargain.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:01   #433
Ms NTL
cf.geek

Ms NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful oneMs NTL is the helpful one

I negotiated yesterday. I told them what to do with their £19 price increase. Then we agreed

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £28.00

What am I getting?

Quote:
Your Package: Big Volt bundle
F Virgin TV
T TiVo Monthly Fee T Mixit TV
H Fibre Broadband
T Volt M250 Fibre Broadband
(see page 3 for broadband speed information)
G Virgin Phone
T Line Rental T Talk Weekends
E Promotional Offer(s)

Your monthly service charge £28.00†
Still £3 more than Toob
Ms NTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 09:48   #434
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
I negotiated yesterday. I told them what to do with their £19 price increase. Then we agreed

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £28.00

What am I getting?

Still £3 more than Toob
VM pricing is a joke, I'm paying £35/month for just 250 Broadband.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 15:49   #435
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

Still waiting to be contacted about this price rise
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote