Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Price rises this year.

Old 27-01-2023, 15:59   #1
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Price rises this year.

This years prices set to rise 13.8%. This will also be the last year you will be able to exit contract penalty free.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...and-phone.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2023, 16:02   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Price rises this year.

hopefully it will be the last year there is no FTTP in my area also so I can perpetually be a new customer every 18 months
Old 27-01-2023, 16:37   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Future rises RPI + 3.9 % !!! With no cancellation !
As for 13.8% this year... Even Dick Turpin wore a mask...

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

I love their logo on the OP link 'supercharging the UK'. Indeed !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 17:00   #4
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

My contract ends in March and I called about renewing or cancelling.

They said the top level £111 pack which I'll be on with no ongoing discounts will not be affected by the price changes in March/April.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 17:50   #5
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

A reminder that price rises are applied to standard prices, not necessarily the amount you pay. so If you have any discounts you increase will be higher.

E.g. a 13.8% increase on my package would mean I pay 27% more each month. I'll be hitting the phone as soon as I get my notification.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 20:15   #6
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I'm a bit pissy about that as my contract has *only just* been renewed, and it wasn't that great a deal, then it'll be hiked up again in another few months.

Openreach is rolling out fibre in the area, so for the first time ever VM won't be the only high speed game in town. I wonder if their offers will be better now there's a viable alternative.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 20:28   #7
Foo Fighter
cf.addict

Foo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enoughFoo Fighter will become famous soon enough

Its great news for me. I can jump to cheaper offnet full fibre provider that's just been built but have been stuck in contract.

Has anyone has notification yet?
Foo Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 22:19   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

On my son's account they've increased it from £48 to £55 a month, an increase of 14.6%, he isn't on any discounts. So they lie about 13.8% and are rounding it up to the nearest pound.
Not worth him negotiating a new contract as he might move at any time.
Old 27-01-2023, 23:24   #9
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
On my son's account they've increased it from £48 to £55 a month, an increase of 14.6%, he isn't on any discounts. So they lie about 13.8% and are rounding it up to the nearest pound.
Not worth him negotiating a new contract as he might move at any time.
13.8% on average
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2023, 23:29   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
13.8% on average
VMs definition of 'average' is a moveable feast....
Seem to remember no one had less than the 'average" in last price rise
Old 28-01-2023, 01:18   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
VMs definition of 'average' is a moveable feast....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
A reminder that price rises are applied to standard prices, not necessarily the amount you pay. so If you have any discounts you increase will be higher.

E.g. a 13.8% increase on my package would mean I pay 27% more each month. I'll be hitting the phone as soon as I get my notification.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 01:37   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post

I put my cancellation in when the 2001 increases were due. I got a good deal with 2yr contract. There was no increase for me in 2022. Waiting to see what I'll be offered this year when the time comes. As I'm BB only I am perhaps better placed than others.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 12:23   #13
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Some people had no rise at all last year
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 12:38   #14
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Some people had no rise at all last year
Important to note, both because of the valuable help it provides to those on lower incomes and also because, by law of averages, those who do have price rises are more likely to see a higher than average increase as a result.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 13:01   #15
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter View Post
Its great news for me. I can jump to cheaper offnet full fibre provider that's just been built but have been stuck in contract.

Has anyone has notification yet?
No notification here yet.