Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Boosting Speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Boosting Speeds

Old 22-05-2023, 16:38   #121
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart
Re: Virgin Boosting Speeds

VM and Openreach both will never get symmetrical speeds and still rip off.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2023, 18:20   #122
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Good to see the 10:1 back
Old 22-05-2023, 18:40   #123
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Good to see the 10:1 back
Should be 1:1 symmetrical speeds
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2023, 20:00   #124
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Great news to see 100Mb downstream going live as we speak. However, this will not attract me back from Vodafone/CityFibre 900. As I type, I have 10 clients using my free Plex server peaking around 110Mb upstream.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2023, 22:21   #125
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Just got my 1Gig upload increase to over 100mbps in Nottingham
Good to know, I may look at upgrading in the next month.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2023, 22:44   #126
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I was a happy bunny, but if this isnt live when my contract expires and CF is finally ready I would probably sign up to CF. So they got about 11 months to get the works done needed for it for me.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 13:31   #127
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

The worst kept secret is now official 500Mbps & 1Gbps customers will see upload speeds boosted to 52 and 104Mbps respectively from next week

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...and-1gbps.html
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 14:24   #128
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

just read this, checked mine, N1 got it.
uddingston area, for any 1 there
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 15:44   #129
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Haven’t visited for a while, just done speedtest on my iPad. I still only get about 600 down (limitation of WiFi on the iPad?) but got 100 up which is nice.
GU22

Edit: tried on my iPhone and got 800 down 95 up
My other iPad got 735 down 96 up, tried again on this iPad and am getting 300-350 down and 90-100 up.

Oh well, plenty fast enough on my iPad. The upload increase will help though.

Last edited by bbxxl; 23-05-2023 at 15:53.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 17:24   #130
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

just got my 104mbit upstream upgrade. back to 10:1

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Nope they can get it for £15 or £16 on some website smarty offer! Social tariff is £12 but I think VM should offer social tariff 1Gig for £10!
yeah and my arse can snipe shoot on the moon
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 18:30   #131
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
The worst kept secret is now official 500Mbps & 1Gbps customers will see upload speeds boosted to 52 and 104Mbps respectively from next week

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...and-1gbps.html
From next week, but most people seem to have got it last week, did someone flick the switch a bit early maybe
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 18:41   #132
demoulous
cf.member

demoulous is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice boost and all, but any news of them expanding their tiny (in N.I.) FTTP/FTTH pilot out to something better than a shack between Lurgan and Lisburn?
Might have a mild bit of envy at my mates in the mainland who can get 500/500 or 1/1gbit FTTP from the new companies springing up all over the land, apart from Northern Ireland :/

Last edited by demoulous; 23-05-2023 at 18:45.
demoulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 19:47   #133
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoulous View Post
Nice boost and all, but any news of them expanding their tiny (in N.I.) FTTP/FTTH pilot out to something better than a shack between Lurgan and Lisburn?
Might have a mild bit of envy at my mates in the mainland who can get 500/500 or 1/1gbit FTTP from the new companies springing up all over the land, apart from Northern Ireland :/
hey lad, i'm 1056/104 here in east belfast. can you get BT full FTTP? they do 900mbit i think
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2023, 20:08   #134
demoulous
cf.member

demoulous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsinky View Post
hey lad, i'm 1056/104 here in east belfast. can you get BT full FTTP? they do 900mbit i think
It's not the download speed that's the issue, its that they all suck over here for uploads. All the new AltNet FTTP providers in the mainland seem to offer 1000/1000 or 500/500 (down & up) .

I mean I'm happy that we finally have 100 up on the gig package now, but I'd love for them to get off their arses and wire up more than Magheralin for FTTP.
demoulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2023, 01:06   #135
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

So VM confirmed up to 6 months before its nationwide, thats good to be transparent.

ISPReview did jump the gun a bit on their first article, it made people assume it was everywhere or about to be everywhere very quickly.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote