Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Boosting Speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Boosting Speeds

Old 19-05-2023, 23:07   #91
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Boosting Speeds

Just rebooted, still 55mbit.

Someone on reddit claims the official date is 1st June which would in theory mean everyone has it by then, will see.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2023, 08:19   #92
ldc2710
cf.member

Services: virgin vip package
ldc2710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ldc2710

just had my upload speed increased in mansfield area
ldc2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 08:29   #93
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Just checked my upload speed as well seeing as now have a SuperHub5 sent out after the 4 keep rebooting itself and amazed to see the upload in the config settings.

Last edited by Rik; 20-05-2023 at 08:35.
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 09:04   #94
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Just rebooted my hub 4 and have 100 meg upstream.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 13:43   #95
tanny
cf.addict

Services: Sky Digital Virgin Media 500Mb.
tanny is on a distinguished roadtanny is on a distinguished road

Upload speed has been increased to 100MB in Keighley area BD213
tanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 16:19   #96
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

mine updated 2 days ago and had been slower with a 110 config than it was with the 55 :S
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 16:26   #97
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Apparently some areas wont get it for "capacity reasons", be interesting if such areas have the same listing price for gig1 as the 110mbit areas.

I am not going to check daily, but will check again end of month and report back here if it still hasnt upgraded.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 16:48   #98
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I have just rebooted and the new upload is there. My connection is flying as normal.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/14761492344.png

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 20-05-2023 at 16:53.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 17:31   #99
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Same here in Oxford
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2023, 17:58   #100
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I just rebooted the hub 5, and have the increased upload speed too. (Salford/Manchester)

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2023, 16:26   #101
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Telford area never get 100Meg upload as my nephew just told me
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2023, 16:27   #102
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Yeah got my boost on Friday with a lot of the rest of the country, but looks like it hasn't hit some areas yet still

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-national.html
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2023, 16:29   #103
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Yeah got my boost on Friday with a lot of the rest of the country, but looks like it hasn't hit some areas yet still

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...-national.html
Yawn!!!!

My 5G beat that! 1333Meg down and 146Meg up! £12 a month for no contract with smarty social tariff total unlimited!

https://i.ibb.co/h90MWdj/Screenshot-...-Speedtest.jpg

Last edited by telfordcable; 21-05-2023 at 16:33.
Old 21-05-2023, 16:44   #104
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
Yawn!!!!

My 5G beat that! 1333Meg down and 146Meg up! £12 a month for no contract with smarty social tariff total unlimited!

https://i.ibb.co/h90MWdj/Screenshot-...-Speedtest.jpg
<removed>

Who gives a flying feck what speed you're on compared to others........

Last edited by Paul; 21-05-2023 at 17:13. Reason: No need for that.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2023, 16:56   #105
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Who gives a flying feck what speed you're on compared to others........
Not really, it all about how greedy virgin media are. 1Gig cost £52 a month compared to smarty 5G £12. Smarty are bloody bargain!