Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GB News / Talk TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

GB News / Talk TV

Old 27-05-2023, 08:54   #781
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The general vocal minority say one thing, and silent majority say the other, type scenario.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...x6O?li=BBoPRmx
This is the vocal minority though? Fewer people watch GB News but of those who do they're more likely to be loyal to it. Which makes sense as GB News is more of an active choice to watch as opposed to the BBC that people just use as the default.

Also BBC and Sky aren't ranked as 'news' in the survey. They're both ranked higher than GB News under 'Television' but since GB News sits alone as a dedicated news channel they are not directly compared.

Last edited by Damien; 27-05-2023 at 09:35.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2023, 10:11   #782
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This is the vocal minority though? Fewer people watch GB News but of those who do they're more likely to be loyal to it. Which makes sense as GB News is more of an active choice to watch as opposed to the BBC that people just use as the default.

Also BBC and Sky aren't ranked as 'news' in the survey. They're both ranked higher than GB News under 'Television' but since GB News sits alone as a dedicated news channel they are not directly compared.
Yeah, it’s a strange one how the brands are categorised. GB News is indeed the highest ranked news brand and 53rd highest media brand but the other ‘news’ brands were all newspapers with the Guardian at 54, The Sun at 63 and City AM at 70.
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 20:30   #783
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

You might imagine that I'd be the first to herald the two awards that GB News received at yesterday's TRIC event.

You'll have seen on the news that Farage was booed and in mid speech, hustled of the stage.

It's clear to me that BBC/ITV, CH4, SKY etc want to control the news.

Well done GB News.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 20:52   #784
richard-john56
cf.addict

Services: 1 gig broadband
richard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about themrichard-john56 has a spectacular aura about them

GB News is awful - well done the audience for booing and getting that Farage thing off the stage.
richard-john56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 21:03   #785
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard-john56 View Post
GB News is awful - well done the audience for booing and getting that Farage thing off the stage.
Perhaps you'll name some other people whom you might describe as "things".

Old 28-06-2023, 21:29   #786
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

You might imagine that I'd be the first to herald the two awards that GB News received at yesterday's TRIC event.

You'll have seen on the news that Farage was booed and in mid speech, hustled of the stage.

It's clear to me that BBC/ITV, CH4, SKY etc want to control the news.

Well done GB News.

What was Nige nominated for? Was his award phallic shaped?

They need to up their game on weather forecasts, still terrible.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2023, 21:33   #787
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
What was Nige nominated for? Was his award phallic shaped?

They need to up their game on weather forecasts, still terrible.
Best News Presenter on Television.

Old 28-06-2023, 21:54   #788
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Best News Presenter on Television.
Huw Edwards will be livid !
Old 01-07-2023, 12:26   #789
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard-john56 View Post
So awful that hundreds of thousands of people pipped GBNews to two awards, beating GMB, all thanks to allowing power to the people voting & not woke or lefty judges on a panel in TRIC, bet they won’t do it the same next year.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 13:09   #790
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
So awful that hundreds of thousands of people pipped GBNews to two awards, beating GMB, all thanks to allowing power to the people voting & not woke or lefty judges on a panel in TRIC, bet they won’t do it the same next year.
Did you vote a lot of times Mick ?
Old 01-07-2023, 18:08   #791
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Starting to watch GB news more and more, stilling missing CNN
Old 02-07-2023, 21:52   #792
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

As I’ve said on here many times,

The breakfast show is the best on tv.

And Headliners & Free Speech Nation are very entertaining, especially Headliners.
Old 02-07-2023, 23:28   #793
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I'm just there for the south Wales adverts for gold buying, farm vehicles and Nissans. They Remind me of the local curry house adverts at my local ABC cinema from my childhood.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 23:43   #794
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm just there for the south Wales adverts for gold buying, farm vehicles and Nissans. They Remind me of the local curry house adverts at my local ABC cinema from my childhood.
I’m love the Jenkins Garden advert featuring the Rugby referee.

But your right, why does all of GB news advertising revenue originate from south wales?
Old 03-07-2023, 00:08   #795
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm there for Farage and Dan Wooton.