Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 16-12-2021, 12:53   #1036
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I am not innocent, I have done and seen terrible things. But I have grown and changed
I’m openly cynical.

I’m part of an online paedophile hunting group, I’ve seen and heard some truly horrific things.

I’ve seen such things blamed on someone’s “mental disability” but when it comes to court there is no mention of it, often been withdrawn as ‘evidence’ when a psych report was requested.

I am not suggesting anyone on CF is a paedophile.

However what I have seen elsewhere is people claiming to have all kinds of conditions when it actual fact, they don’t.

I even see online predators who later genuinely have conditions try to blame their actions on what these conditions are.

So yeah, when someone tries to blame their odious and anti-social behaviour on “disability”, excuse me (not really) if I remain sceptical until it’s proven.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2021, 13:04   #1037
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I’m openly cynical.

I’m part of an online paedophile hunting group, I’ve seen and heard some truly horrific things.

I’ve seen such things blamed on someone’s “mental disability” but when it comes to court there is no mention of it, often been withdrawn as ‘evidence’ when a psych report was requested.

I am not suggesting anyone on CF is a paedophile.

However what I have seen elsewhere is people claiming to have all kinds of conditions when it actual fact, they don’t.

I even see online predators who later genuinely have conditions try to blame their actions on what these conditions are.

So yeah, when someone tries to blame their odious and anti-social behaviour on “disability”, excuse me (not really) if I remain sceptical until it’s proven.
Fair play on being part of that. I would not like to be surrounded by that in my daily life.

I live on an opposite principle to you and yes it has caused me damage and pain but I trust people until proven untrustworthy. I struggle enough in life without having so much distrust in it
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 13:09   #1038
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Fair play on being part of that. I would not like to be surrounded by that in my daily life.

I live on an opposite principle to you and yes it has caused me damage and pain but I trust people until proven untrustworthy. I struggle enough in life without having so much distrust in it
The forum member in question has proven themselves to be untrustworthy numerous times.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 16-12-2021, 13:24   #1039
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
The forum member in question has proven themselves to be untrustworthy numerous times.
I will take your word for it. See what I did there haha
Old 20-12-2021, 01:33   #1040
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

There is no way to totally protect people with laws never has been and never will be it can protect upto a point but is most effective when a person exercised sound judgments. It would be great if everyone would be nice and polite but it just isn't going to happen and it cannot be acceptable to impact the majority for the sake of the minority as down that route lies madness.

Free speech no longer exists and we even have the beginnings of a thought police personally I'd rather hear the truth from people regardless of how unpleasant or offensive it may be as that enables me to strengthen myself in dealing with those things and those types of person. I've not been a member here very long but I've read a bit of Richard's postings enough to know he'd support the total shutdown of any expression of views he doesn't like or construed to be offensive another dangerous route to go down.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 01:57   #1041
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

People like Richard forget there is always a block/ignore button and what it for.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 12:56   #1042
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshep View Post
There is no way to totally protect people with laws never has been and never will be it can protect upto a point but is most effective when a person exercised sound judgments. It would be great if everyone would be nice and polite but it just isn't going to happen and it cannot be acceptable to impact the majority for the sake of the minority as down that route lies madness.

Free speech no longer exists and we even have the beginnings of a thought police personally I'd rather hear the truth from people regardless of how unpleasant or offensive it may be as that enables me to strengthen myself in dealing with those things and those types of person. I've not been a member here very long but I've read a bit of Richard's postings enough to know he'd support the total shutdown of any expression of views he doesn't like or construed to be offensive another dangerous route to go down.
So you think that the majority should always take precedence over the minority, good heavens! Thankfully society as a whole doesn't think like that.

Free speech certainly does exist and is a long held part of our British identity and culture. Free speech, however, does not mean that people can say anything that they like, now that would be a route to madness.

What you refer to as 'the truth', is often simply a matter of opinion, a personal (mis)judgement or simply a case of bullying/harassment/trolling.

I have no objection whatsoever to those with a different viewpoint to mine and never have had- isn't discussing.different viewpoints the whole point of a forum? No, my issues are with those who seek to make a debate personal, the use of lies, deliberately not taking a person's disability into account or questioning a person's disability and its affects thereof.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks, all the evidence has been submitted by our organisation and many others and it's now down to the politicians to decide how to proceed with this new legislation to protect vulnerable people on the internet. The first signs are that the committee currently scrutinising the matter don't think that the legislation goes far enough with regards to some things eg material online that encourages or drives someone to commit suicide.

Despite my own disabilities, I always strive to take into account the effects that physical or mental disabilities have on others. An autistic member, for example, is likely to view the world differently to others and truly believe that they are right. If their autism is aspergers, this can often lead to an obsession, particularly if they have other complex mental health problems/disabilities on top.

This obsessive behaviour can take many forms and can include people, hobbies, sport, personal fitness, animals etc as per this link:

https://healthtalk.org/life-autism-s...essions-autism

Regarding my own disability, those who are unsure of the effects of a serious brain injury may find this site informative:

https://www.headway.org.uk/about-bra...-brain-injury/

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Quote:
Numerous allegations, yet nothing to support what you keep saying.

You may wish to withdraw your claim that an employee of Hearst UK has unlawfully passed on information about one of their members to yourself.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-12-2021 at 12:52.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 13:48   #1043
Blackshep
cf.addict

Blackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to allBlackshep is a name known to all

Free speech means speech without control that people can say whatever they want we no longer have that and the number of things that people can no longer say is growing. I despise both extremes in politics but as much as I despise them they should be free to spout their ideology so I can oppose it and respond to it. No when it comes to speech the majority should be the deciding factor because minorities being minorities are too numerous and to placate them all could leave very little.
Blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 13:51   #1044
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
People like Richard forget there is always a block/ignore button and what it for.
where ?
Old 20-12-2021, 13:56   #1045
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Numerous allegations, yet nothing to support what you keep saying.

You may wish to withdraw your claim that an employee of Hearst UK has unlawfully passed on information about one of their members to yourself.
Which is exactly what you did when you accused me of laughing at your disability and when I asked for proof, you crapped yourself because you had none. You now try to sweep it under the carpet by saying it was dealt with by moderation.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 14:15   #1046
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
where ?
Click in the "User CP" (near top left hand corner)

About halfway down on the left hand side is "Edit Ignore List"

You then have the option to add a member to your Ignore List.

(nb - Admins and/or Mods cannot be added to an Ignore List).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 14:26   #1047
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You may wish to withdraw your advice to someone who neither needs or requested it.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Which is exactly what you did when you accused me of laughing at your disability and when I asked for proof, you crapped yourself because you had none. You now try to sweep it under the carpet by saying it was dealt with by moderation.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-12-2021, 14:43   #1048
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

[i](nb - Admins and/or Mods cannot be added to an Ignore List).[/i]
What if they are posting as a normal member not on mod duty?
Old 20-12-2021, 14:46   #1049
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Makes no difference. You can’t put a Mod or Admin on ignore.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-12-2021, 15:10   #1050
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

(nb - Admins and/or Mods cannot be added to an Ignore List).
many thanks. What does the ignore actual do though? does it just mean I do not get notified or does it actually block them? I have notifications off except for messages anyway so if it does not block so I do not see what they post it does not help me

Just tested I never get to see their posts woohoo. Do they still see mine?