Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 23-07-2023, 11:48   #11416
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
DAZN runs the rulebook over ViaSport UK and hints at big bid for Premier League Rights. Insiders detail how they've learnt from their experience in Italy and are ready to give cash-starved footy fans what they want.

Saudi owners of Newcastle United considering launch of £15pm Football Streaming Service. But the 3pm kick-off ban must go!

GB News' billionaire owners Legatum in surprise swoop for ViaSport UK assets. Insiders talk of a rebrand to GB Sports and taking the fight to Sky with record-breaking bid for Premier League rights.

Any link to story's?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2023, 12:07   #11417
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Any link to story's?
Dude, they were hypothetical scenarios, not known actualities.

Quote:
What headlines can we expect to see being pushed out there?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2023, 16:50   #11418
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Dude, they were hypothetical scenarios, not known actualities.
I was look up google for hours early today to find links so I could tweet them.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Well known Scottish Radio/TV Presenter Ewen Cameron has tweet the following today on his twitter page

Quote:
I’ve been told BBC Scotland ARE in talks with UEFA about getting a deal done to show the Scotland games.
https://twitter.com/EwenDCameron/sta...28362460381185
Old 23-07-2023, 16:54   #11419
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I’d be taking that with a huge pinch of salt. Ewen Cameron is a useless radio hack up here.

The rights aren’t available unless Viaplay sub-licence them (if they’re even allowed) and someone pays to keep the lights on at Viaplay.

If they revert to UEFA it’ll be an auction for the lot which BBC Scotland would be a million miles from affording.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2023, 16:55   #11420
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’d be taking that with a huge pinch of salt. Ewen Cameron is a useless radio hack up here.

The rights aren’t available unless Viaplay sub-licence them (if they’re even allowed) and someone pays to keep the lights on at Viaplay.

If they revert to UEFA it’ll be an auction for the lot which BBC Scotland would be a million miles from affording.
I have called it a rumour on my twitter page.
Old 28-07-2023, 16:54   #11421
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

The i newspaper reports DAZN to bid for Premier League rights.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/d...454&ai=2512221

Last edited by 1andrew1; 28-07-2023 at 17:27.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2023, 17:15   #11422
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
The i newspaper reports DAZN considering a bid for Premier League rights.
Old 28-07-2023, 19:06   #11423
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Don’t say that, MB, you’ll give ‘em apoplexy!
Old 28-07-2023, 19:10   #11424
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Quote:
The company’s chief financial officer, Darren Waterman, told i that the Premier League auction is a “great opportunity” as they look to make a major impact in the UK market.

“The Premier League is the next top, top right to come to the market and we will definitely look at it, we have to. It’s a great opportunity,” he said.

“It’s not until 2025 so it’s a fair way off but yes, we’ll look at it.”’
They’ll "look at it"
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2023, 20:06   #11425
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure I'd be that quick to mock DAZN's interest here... to me they still feel like the wild card in the next round.

I think their portfolio in other countries, especially Italy where they have all of Serie A and Germany where they have a healthy chunk of Bundesliga and most of the UCL suggests that they'll be willing to table a significant bid for a package (or packages) if they need it... and I think the reality is that if they don't get anything out of the next PL auction, their UK business is pretty much done.

I think now that we know Viaplay are gone and Apple aren't seemingly interested, it sort of lays the table for the incumbents to retain though in what way remains to be seen - I think the dream of Amazon owning "ALL DA FOOTY FOR 7.99" (if I was talking like I was on Football Twitter) is not going to happen... they didn't bite for Serie A in the domestic market, they didn't go all on UCL here and in Italy which indicates to me you'll see them maybe going for a top pick regular weekly game which seems in sync with everything they're doing in sport right now being small but high end... and I don't know what TNT will do though I could see them trying to keep a weekly game again to supplement their Euro coverage

Honestly I think with that huge EFL deal I could see Sky abandoning Saturday completely and going all in on getting Super Sunday and MNF only. I actually think them maybe reducing their overall spend and tonnage might be interesting to see...

It all depends on how many games do go up for tender and what those packages look like but I'm not sure I'm that quick to count DAZN out yet... though I also think the incumbents will be very much on the ball if they do enter the fray.

Last edited by Phunkenstein; 28-07-2023 at 20:17.
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2023, 20:46   #11426
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

DAZN already have EPL rights in several overseas regions - so would not actually be new to the game.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2023, 20:49   #11427
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
DAZN already have EPL rights in several overseas regions - so would not actually be new to the game.
Absolutely. Just a further indication why I'm not counting them out by any means.
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2023, 00:10   #11428
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don’t say that, MB, you’ll give ‘em apoplexy!
I'm not Media Boy!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2023, 00:15   #11429
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
I'm not Media Boy!
Makes it worse!
Old 29-07-2023, 15:18   #11430
carravetta
cf.member

Services: Sky Q 2TB, Sky Q Multiroom, Broadband and Phone
carravetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by carravetta View Post
With the struggles with Viaplay I can see beIN Sports dipping there toes into the UK market ahead of the forthcoming Premier League rights by acquiring them.

You would have the biggest players in the UK market with Discovery, Sky, Amazon and beIN

Another option could be Sky or Comcast buying Viaplay and rebranding there channels as NBC Sports to get there name in the UK similar to what ESPN did.
carravetta is offline   Reply With Quote