Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 11-08-2023, 15:01   #2041
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

BBC iPlayer speeds content delivery
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2023...tent-delivery/

Also I noticed 2 Live streaming channels on Iplayer, a History channel and Non-Stop Cartoons channel.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2023, 15:11   #2042
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Where abouts and what device? Not seeming them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Also I noticed 2 Live streaming channels on Iplayer, a History channel and Non-Stop Cartoons channel.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 15:14   #2043
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Under History section and CBBC
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 16:22   #2044
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

So there is - good spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Under History section and CBBC
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 20:28   #2045
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Hi, I have Lionsgate plus, I have been watching Outlander on this channel, we're on season 7 and were hoping to watch the last episode last night which is episode 8 and called Turning Points, but it ain't there, the last episode is still showing as episode 7, anyone any ideas why it's not on?

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2023, 02:25   #2046
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Hi, I have Lionsgate plus, I have been watching Outlander on this channel, we're on season 7 and were hoping to watch the last episode last night which is episode 8 and called Turning Points, but it ain't there, the last episode is still showing as episode 7, anyone any ideas why it's not on?

Thx
VM box app delay probably as it's defo up it's on website.
Old 13-08-2023, 15:59   #2047
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
VM box app delay probably as it's defo up it's on website.
Thx mate, and yes I know its available, but how long does it take for the app to update? Should I reboot the V6 box?
Old 13-08-2023, 21:23   #2048
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Thx mate, and yes I know its available, but how long does it take for the app to update? Should I reboot the V6 box?
I have no idea with vm boxes mate i use Sky stream and the content is on the app there same time as website, might be worth rebooting see if that helps.
Sorry i can't be more help on this mate.
Old 14-08-2023, 10:02   #2049
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Thx
Yes, episode 8 is also missing from my 360 box.

It’s available to purchase on Amazon Prime, for what it’s worth.

Maybe it’s worth raising in the Community Forum.
Old 14-08-2023, 19:31   #2050
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, episode 8 is also missing from my 360 box.

It’s available to purchase on Amazon Prime, for what it’s worth.

Maybe it’s worth raising in the Community Forum.
I'm not paying Amazon for one episode, it's not just that episode from Outlander that's missing, none of the Lionsgate shows were working last night.
I've just raised this in the community forum, hopefully, someone may be able to shed some light on this.

Last edited by Mad Max; 14-08-2023 at 19:42.
Old 18-08-2023, 14:18   #2051
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Study is about the US but what happens in the US may well come or apply here!
Quote:
Streaming services now cost more than cable TV

Netflix and Disney Plus subscriptions have risen in price by more than 50 per cent over the last year

The combined cost of popular streaming services like Netflix and Disney Plus is now more expensive than traditional cable television, according to new analysis.

Recent price rises to all of the main streaming platforms for ad-free subscriptions have pushed the cost above the average cable TV package of $83 per month for the first time.

Calculations by the Financial Times found that a bundle of the top US streaming services – including Disney+, Hulu, Netflix and Peacock – rose in price from $73 to $87 over the last year.

“From a business point of view, streaming was going to have to move in this way – the price point was going to have to go up,” David Rogers, a professor at Columbia Business School and expert in digital business, told the FT.

“This was accelerated by the fact that we no longer have cheap debt to flood the market with streaming content.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/n...-b2394050.html
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2023, 15:37   #2052
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Study is about the US but what happens in the US may well come or apply here!

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/n...-b2394050.html
Difference is though with streaming you can sub to them on a monthly basis so can swap them around as you please, where with cable, sattilite etc you are locked in a long contract.
Old 18-08-2023, 16:18   #2053
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Difference is though with streaming you can sub to them on a monthly basis so can swap them around as you please, where with cable, sattilite etc you are locked in a long contract.
Exactly. Too many people think they need access to all the streamers, but they don’t.

I won’t be renewing my Disney+ subscription as I cannot find enough that interests me. Now TV is also on its way out in my house.

I do subscribe to several streamers, though, so my wife can have the widest range of programming to enjoy, but if I lived alone, I’d probably be more picky and do a lot of swapping about month to month. Then again, maybe I will decide that I can’t be arsed with all that!
Old 18-08-2023, 17:00   #2054
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Exactly. Too many people think they need access to all the streamers, but they don’t.

I won’t be renewing my Disney+ subscription as I cannot find enough that interests me. Now TV is also on its way out in my house.

I do subscribe to several streamers, though, so my wife can have the widest range of programming to enjoy, but if I lived alone, I’d probably be more picky and do a lot of swapping about month to month. Then again, maybe I will decide that I can’t be arsed with all that!
I think the vast majority will fit into this category.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2023, 17:20   #2055
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Only have Netflix , not sure why I bother, hardly watched it for months, writers strike is not helping. Just thinking it's to much faff to cancel and then renew. The only thing I am really waiting for is" Wednesday"