Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 28-06-2023, 15:12   #2026
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Welcome to DAZN - took them over two months to get me fully working but were still taking the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Sorry I may not have explained myself very clearly, as an NFL fan whilst expensive I really like the Gamepass service,
DAZN on the other hand looks like a steaming pile of you know what and I can't believe they expect people to pay for it.

I'm not having a great start with DAZN, they take so long to send a link to verify my email address that the link has timed out and is no longer valid lol.

Last edited by ozsat; 28-06-2023 at 15:16.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2023, 11:10   #2027
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Sorry I may not have explained myself very clearly, as an NFL fan whilst expensive I really like the Gamepass service,
DAZN on the other hand looks like a steaming pile of you know what and I can't believe they expect people to pay for it.

I'm not having a great start with DAZN, they take so long to send a link to verify my email address that the link has timed out and is no longer valid lol.
In the email i got from DAZN they said there's a lot of free content i could watch, old games etc

Is that not true?
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 13:14   #2028
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

WBD have confirmed that TNT Sport will be part of Discovery+ via the entertainment and sports pack.
No price rise has been announced at this time but one feels it will come.
SKYQ/Glass and stream customers will continue to get Discovery+ as part of their package as will bttv customers.
Virgin media are in talks about a deal for Discovery+ to be included as part of the top tier tv pack.
Old 04-07-2023, 20:23   #2029
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
WBD have confirmed that TNT Sport will be part of Discovery+ via the entertainment and sports pack.
No price rise has been announced at this time but one feels it will come.
SKYQ/Glass and stream customers will continue to get Discovery+ as part of their package as will bttv customers.
Virgin media are in talks about a deal for Discovery+ to be included as part of the top tier tv pack.
Discovery+ on twitter confirmed you need to purchase a premium subscription for TNT Sports
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...t/true#M138156

It isn't included with Entertainment and Sports not sure anyone expected it to.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 20:57   #2030
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

BT had already confirmed that 'BT Sports via BT' customers will have the TNT Sports channels added to their already free Discovery+ 'Documentaries and Sport' at no additional cost - as you are already paying for them.

No information as to whether TNT Sports will be added to 'BT Sports via Sky' customers pack. SkyQ customers also get 'Documentaries and Sport' at no extra cost.

There has been rumours across the forums of VirginMedia negotations.

TNT Sports at £25pm was never going to be free on a £7pm pack - beyond maybe a short trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Discovery+ on twitter confirmed you need to purchase a premium subscription for TNT Sports

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

So just been back on Discovery+ chat and asked, and the replies give the following:
If you subscribe direct to Discovery+ - TNT Sports will be an additional subscription to the current 'Documentaries' and 'Documentaries and Sports' pack. But they have no details on pricing.
If you subscribe eith either BT or Sky providing the account payments - then whether you get TNT Sports will depend on what the company providing your billing autohrise.

BT have said current BT Sports customers will get TNT Sports at no extra cost.

No news from Sky.

Quote:

Last edited by ozsat; 04-07-2023 at 22:20.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:33   #2031
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I took it from RTX who are normallt very reliable https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/tnt-sports...-need-to-know/
BT and Warner Bros Discovery have assured viewers that they’ll still be able to watch all the live sport that was on BT Sport.

But from 18th July, Discovery+ subscribers will be able to access all four TNT Sports channels in the UK. This applies both to existing and new Discovery+ subscribers with the Entertainment + Sports pack, which currently costs £6.99 a month, but is subject to change.

Sky Q, Sky Glass and Stream customers can already opt in to get Discovery+ at no extra cost through Sky. Current BT Sport subscribers are also eligible for access to Discovery+ for the duration of their sports subscription.
Old 06-08-2023, 17:55   #2032
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

I get BT/TNT Sports through my EE mobile account and have prior to this month been paying extra for the Big Screen Addon to view it on my TV.
However today I noticed whilst checking my bill this hasn't been charged for, not wanting to be without TNT for the start of the Premier League season next weekend I phoned EE to find out what is happening as my online account didn't make sense.
The agent I spoke to couldn't work it out either at first, but after he consulted with colleagues and management for a good 15-20 minutes came back to me and said the Big Screen Addon has been scrapped and as long as you have BT/TNT Sports in your EE subscription it will work on all TV/Stick/Web apps without any extra costs.

I don't know if this is just for legacy accounts but if not it might be worth investigating for EE customers or even people looking to sign up with them, I am now getting the sports channels for £8 a month instead of the £16 I was paying before.

Oh and I don't know how long it will last but anything that is being shown live on TNT seems to be on Discovery+ too.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 19:37   #2033
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Discovery+ is the new streaming home of TNT Sports in the UK, replacing the dedicated BT Sport app which will be shut down in a few months
https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc...Sports#devices

Guessing it might be a legacy deal , TNT Sports on Discovery+ is £20 per month via EE which includes Discovery+ Entertainment and Eurosport when I checked my EE mobile account.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 06-08-2023 at 19:59.
Old 07-08-2023, 18:51   #2034
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

DAZN have secured exclusive live rights to show every Saudi Pro League matches in the UK
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 23:54   #2035
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

More price rises for US, as we all know UK tends to follow son afterwards so expect a UK Disney+ price rise soon.

Disney+ Premium, and Hulu Premium will increase in price by $3 each

$10.99 to $13.99 Disney+
$14.99 to $17.99 Hulu
The Bundle is moving to $24.99
Old 10-08-2023, 00:12   #2036
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

A new £4.99 Standard with ads tier (Full HD) is launching on Disney+ In the UK on 1st November, the current £7.99 tier now premium (4K HDR) will get a price increase and a new Standard tier (Full HD) will be launched
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...pe-1235559889/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 10-08-2023 at 00:29.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:12   #2037
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/disney...-plans-prices/. Breakdown of changes
Old 10-08-2023, 14:13   #2038
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Just seen that Disney+ will be charging extra for 4K then? (premier pack £10.99)
Not had D+ for awhile is this a new thing?
Old 10-08-2023, 14:35   #2039
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Just seen that Disney+ will be charging extra for 4K then? (premier pack £10.99)
Not had D+ for awhile is this a new thing?
No.... they've always had 4k included. They are putting the price up as per prior posts.
Old 10-08-2023, 18:18   #2040
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

I can see Paramount+ outside the US introducing a premium 4K Tier at some point , Perhaps this is the reason why 4K isn't available anywhere outside the US