Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rollout of the HUB5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rollout of the HUB5

Old 14-10-2022, 14:53   #91
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rollout of the HUB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin21 View Post
Hello, I’m new here, but been lurking for a while. Followed the link on this thread and my Hub 5 arrived today. I’ve got it running in modem mode attached to an Asus XT8 mesh system via the 2.5 gig ports. This is the result of running a speed test from the Asus software.
Welcome to the forum.
Old 14-10-2022, 16:20   #92
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
got my email yesterday for the hub 5 upgrade, its coming on the 25th this month.

Also had a reminder email yesterday stating "Just a quick reminder that we’re carrying out essential works to improve our network on Fri 14 Oct, which might interrupt your services."

Maybe the essential works they're carrying out is for more upstream channels.
ive had 4 of those over the last 5 weeks still no updated upload, the only thing ive noticed each time is about half hours downtime with no actual differences in service lol
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2022, 16:35   #93
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

I had the Hub 5 earlier in the trials and had such a terrible experience (very unstable connection with Hub 5, it seemingly did not like something about the network segment at the time, losing and then regaining the OFDM channel and errors relating to Docsis 3.1 were filling the log while no sites would load each time it happened) I had to get them to give me a Hub 3 again.

I requested the Hub 5 again through the link posted here as I felt confident seeing others thoughts on it lately. It arrived the other day, it does appear that all of the issues I was having with it have now been fully resolved, the connection has been rock solid.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 09:46   #94
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
So after my initial refused request for the new router the second request has been accepted hahaha There was a day of work done locally maybe that made the difference or maybe they just had some come in stock hahaha
When's your Hub coming?

Yodel seems to have improved for me, I left a note on the door saying please leave with neighbour if I'm not in and they did, you also get alot of control with their app.
Old 16-10-2022, 13:02   #95
punkrock101
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Freesat, Sky Gigafast FTTP Broadband, Virgin Gig1
punkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enoughpunkrock101 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
When's your Hub coming?

Yodel seems to have improved for me, I left a note on the door saying please leave with neighbour if I'm not in and they did, you also get alot of control with their app.
Yodel isn't actually bad, I've never really had issues with them, Hermes/Evri on the other hand I actually refuse to do any online shopping with any retailer who uses them as your item will never turn up or get damaged.
punkrock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 14:49   #96
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Ordered Thursday night, had the confirmation on screen after ordering but no email or nothing in my orders or appointments in my virgin media, how long till people had confirmation?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 15:40   #97
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Ordered mine on 27/09 and got the email 03/10.
Old 16-10-2022, 17:37   #98
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
1st try no
2nd try no
3rd try no
4th try, 18th oct :p
decided to try again my self low and behold all of a sudden im on board 3 week delay from first attempt but i cant see what's changed that was incompatible before lol
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 19:53   #99
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
When's your Hub coming?

21st
Old 17-10-2022, 14:51   #100
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
ive had 4 of those over the last 5 weeks still no updated upload, the only thing ive noticed each time is about half hours downtime with no actual differences in service lol
So i checked the HUB3 downstream and upstream channels. I still have 24 downstream channels but now have 5 upstream channels...I'm guessing when i get my HUB5 ill have 32 downstream channels and 5 upstream channels.
Old 17-10-2022, 16:46   #101
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
So i checked the HUB3 downstream and upstream channels. I still have 24 downstream channels but now have 5 upstream channels...I'm guessing when i get my HUB5 ill have 32 downstream channels and 5 upstream channels.
I've got 31 down and 4 up.
Old 17-10-2022, 17:44   #102
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've got 31 down and 4 up.
is that on the hub5 or hub3 Snoopz?
Old 17-10-2022, 20:11   #103
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
is that on the hub5 or hub3 Snoopz?
Hub5.
Old 17-10-2022, 20:29   #104
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I had my hub5 today took them over 6 hours to activate because of system failure.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2022, 22:07   #105
SirThomas
cf.addict

Services: Vodafone 80x20 Backup, MixTV & V6, Vivid 350, Hub3 & RT-AC87u
SirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really niceSirThomas is just really nice

So I've done a little testing and everything appears to be rather stable. I even plugged in my old trial WiFi pod and to my amazement it locked on instantly and works a treat - It never did work with my last hub3!
Quite handy for the occasional wired device at the far end of the house.

You need the 'Smart WiFi' option enabled on the hub for it to work, it must be noted.

Today I had about 30s of downtime and loads of T3's - Config file changed to cscp.boot and my modulation dropped to QAM32 (since reverted back to 64). Performance doesn't seem to have changed, nor the firmware version, however. Probably just some noise on the network locally.

If only VM could bring back the option to change DNS, I reckon this could be quite usable for me.

Tom
SirThomas is offline   Reply With Quote