Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky One to close

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky One to close

Old 15-08-2021, 13:32   #16
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Sky One to close

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Thanks OB.

A lot of Sky Max simulcasting there.
Isn't surprising, I think they're simulcasting SWAT aswell
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2021, 14:08   #17
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I think Sky Showcase will be a waste of space personally, but Sky must think that there are a lot of people out there who miss programmes because they don’t buy listings magazines and don’t go much further down on their EPGs than the first page.

Hence the reason for the scramble to get channels on the lowest possible numbers on the EPG.
Old 15-08-2021, 14:42   #18
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think Sky Showcase will be a waste of space personally, but Sky must think that there are a lot of people out there who miss programmes because they don’t buy listings magazines and don’t go much further down on their EPGs than the first page.

Hence the reason for the scramble to get channels on the lowest possible numbers on the EPG.
I agree, it's certainly a waste, in my opinion, using it for Max content. That's going to be right next to Showcase in the Sky EPG if I remember correctly.

Unless they know Sky Max is getting a poor position on other platforms EPGs, of course, then it's more understandable.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 14:44   #19
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Max wont be next to Showcase , it will be on 113 on Sky.
Old 15-08-2021, 17:34   #20
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Max wont be next to Showcase , it will be on 113 on Sky.
Yeah, I got it wrong. Oops.

I blame that they wrote it like this on their press release.
"Sky Showcase – 106
Sky Max - 113
Sky Witness – 107
Sky Atlantic – 108
Sky Comedy - 114
Sky Documentaries - 121
Sky Crime - 122
Sky History - 123
Sky Nature - 124
Sky Arts - 130
Sky Kids (on-Demand)
E! – 151
SyFy - 152"
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 20:25   #21
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

I don't know why it's listed like that either doesn't make much sense.

I take they aren't simulcasting say FBI/FBI Most Wanted, Law and Order: Organized Crime and The Equalizer because it's next to Showcase on the EPG unlike SWAT which they're simulcasting.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 16-08-2021 at 20:32.
Old 14-09-2021, 20:42   #22
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
RE: Prodigal Son last episode (I don't watch it either) is the day Sky One basically becomes Sky Max unlike Lucifer I don't see that show being revived.

Not sure about the whole series but Code 404 is on both Sky Showcase and Sky Comedy at the same time on 1st of September.

Well with Prodigal Son being axed, lest hope that Martin Sheen becomes the New Doctor Who.
Old 15-09-2021, 22:19   #23
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Just remember if you haven't seen it it's not a repeat !!!!
Old 16-09-2021, 10:58   #24
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Just remember if you haven't seen it it's not a repeat !!!!
That’s like saying "if I didn’t see someone die, they’re not dead"…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2021, 18:26   #25
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Really to the person watching it's new and not a repeat . Didn't even know that "how to get away with murder" , was being "repeated" on Netflix for quite some time . Guess that means that EVERY show that is imported ie . most of sky witness are repeats as they have broadcast before .

Last edited by Itshim; 16-09-2021 at 19:27.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2021, 20:02   #26
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

So you wouldn't for example class something like The Rookie airing on Pick or Fringe on Syfy/Pick as repeats ?

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 16-09-2021 at 20:07.
Old 16-09-2021, 20:12   #27
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So you wouldn't for example class something like The Rookie airing on Pick or Fringe on Syfy/Pick as repeats ?
The Rookie is airing on Pick later this month.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2021, 20:17   #28
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If I haven’t seen it, I don’t want to see it. I wouldn’t have failed to record or bookmark it had it been worth watching.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Really to the person watching it's new and not a repeat . Didn't even know that "how to get away with murder" , was being "repeated" on Netflix for quite some time . Guess that means that EVERY show that is imported ie . most of sky witness are repeats as they have broadcast before .
If we are being sensible, a repeat is a programme that has already been aired in this country.
Old 16-09-2021, 20:27   #29
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
If I haven’t seen it, I don’t want to see it. I wouldn’t have failed to record or bookmark it had it been worth watching.

If we are being sensible, a repeat is a programme that has already been aired in this country.
Omniscient…

Impressive.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2021, 21:26   #30
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:

But if l saw it in the US then in the UK it's a repeat to me . it is just being repeated on a different TV channel .Again bear in mind that some people do not have all channels again it would not be repeat for them. So l repeat it's depends on if you have seen it before , no matter were.