Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 13-03-2020, 16:15   #9586
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I'd give your months notice*. You can always rescind it if the live sport returns or resubscribe immediately if it's after the notice period (I doubt football will return on 3/4/20).

* I'm expecting some people will argue that they don't need to give a months notice as the service that they signed up to and are paying for has fundamentally changed.

When Virgin Media lost the UKTV channels, they tried to use their general 'Channels may be removed at any time' get out clause, but some successfully argued that the change was to such an extent that the service had materially changed and amounted to a breach of contract.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2020, 16:20   #9587
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

There is no chance in my view of football returning on the 3rd of April.
Old 13-03-2020, 17:10   #9588
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
None.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 17:24   #9589
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
None.

Totally agree, the season will end up null and void!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 17:30   #9590
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BT Sport not offering refunds to customers despite football suspension.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...all-suspension

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11168...er_money_daily

Quote:
Sources at the broadcaster have made it clear that the company is not able to refund subscribers for the loss of the live sports BT Sport has bought up at great expense to attract them. In a statement, a BT spokesman said.

Last edited by denphone; 13-03-2020 at 17:41.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 18:01   #9591
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:

I beg to differ.
Firstly I should say that public health is paramount and sports or TV subscriptions pale into insignificance in the grand scheme of these unprecedented times.
However I am currently out of contract with VM and am only paying them for broadband at the moment because I expect to be moving away at some point this year and don't know if I will be moving to a VM area.
I have been subscribing to the standalone BT Sports subscription for the last 3 months because of this and my sub renewed today.
I phoned BT to see if there is any compensation or refund available as there is going to be nothing to watch on the service for at least the next month and was pleasantly surprised after several moments of being put on hold to be told they will refund todays subscription and cancel my service and that when the sports they show recover I can re-subscribe on the same account.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 18:19   #9592
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:

In their defence, both Sky and BT are still liable to the Premier League and UEFA for sizeable installments until such times as the games are postponed.

To go out their way and hand back hundreds of millions to subscribers just isn't viable. Customers out of contract might get the odd success story but they'll have to chase it.
Old 13-03-2020, 19:08   #9593
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Surely if they show repeats of ANY sport they are a sports channel.the fact that a customer signed up to watch a sport no longer being shown is of no concern to them.So your choices are cancel under the terms of your contract . Or live with it . As I still get premier sports of nothing ( misleading advertising told you guys to complain) I will sit tight
Old 13-03-2020, 20:05   #9594
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
You are being very optimistic if you think football will be returning on 3 April. The virus will not have even reached its peak by then.

The football authorities have got this around their necks. What they have done is contrary to the advice of the government's own medical experts and they have just gone ahead and done their own thing. They should have waited.

I don't think the football will be back until May at least.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 20:17   #9595
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You are being very optimistic if you think football will be returning on 3 April. The virus will not have even reached its peak by then.

The football authorities have got this around their necks. What they have done is contrary to the advice of the government's own medical experts and they have just gone ahead and done their own thing. They should have waited.

You did read my answer to someone elses post did you not OB as l made it very clear in my answer that there is no chance of a resumption to football on the 3rd of April.

Listening to a respected football journalist on SSN he thinks after talking to the important people in the game the season is over OB.
Old 13-03-2020, 20:55   #9596
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Totally agree, the season will end up null and void!
If the sports seasons are not finished, which they may well not be, then the league tables as currently standing should be the final result and used to decide championships, euro qualifications, promotions and relegations.

The only exception should be outstanding games a team might have to equal the number of games the rest of the division has played (assuming this will make any difference to either teams league status next season)

Most leagues are well over 80% completed - to say all those games are meaningless is a ridiculous argument, or clutching at straws by supporters of teams not wanting to be relegated?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 21:05   #9597
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Can you point me to the Government advice where it recommends employers continue to expose their employees to people who have contracted coronavirus, are suspected to have coronavirus or have contact with third parties with known contact with an individual confirmed to have coronavirus?

You are confusing the public gathering advice with established health and safety at work law. While the Government advice appears to pretend everything is fine, it doesn't create any indemnity for employers not taking reasonable steps to the health and safety of their employees.

Only yesterday the Premier League were happy to go ahead, with significant matchday revenues at stake and (if abandoning this season altogether) television revenue, until the Arsenal manager was confirmed to have the virus - with the suspicion being he caught it in a game on February 27th - as the owner of that team has the virus. When this became a risk to their employees they decided it was best to limit exposure.

No employer could reasonably put their employees on a field against Arsenal, and whoever Arsenal played last week, and claim they took all reasonable steps to protect their employees.

Equally I'm sure none of these clubs would want a player to die as a result, perhaps still with instalments to pay to his previous club outstanding and compensation to a widow. Insurers would almost certainly not pay out.

Last edited by jfman; 13-03-2020 at 21:12.
Old 13-03-2020, 22:09   #9598
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

I personally don't believe the season should a) be null and void or b) simply end as it stands. There's be all kinds of legal action flying around both from teams relegated and teams just missing out on promotion. The same would be if the season was made null and void. The only fair and obvious answer is to play all the remaining fixtures as soon as it's possible.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 22:30   #9599
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
The only fair and obvious answer is to play all the remaining fixtures as soon as it's possible.
But that might not be until next season should have started.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 22:58   #9600
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
But that might not be until next season should have started.
True but then we delay the start of next season and scrap the cup games . It would be tight but I think doable.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote