Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Smarty for mobile any good?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Smarty for mobile any good?

Old 14-11-2023, 02:17   #31
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Smarty for mobile any good?

My Smarty 50gb a month for £10 deal I took out 12 months ago was due to expire this month but they have extended it another 12 months without me contacting them.

I use nothing like 50gb though so I wish there was a 20gb offer for £5.
Old 16-11-2023, 00:25   #32
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

I ported my O2 PAYG number into them as 1 I wanted to keep the number but 2 have a second data source that was cheap.

I run EE as my main daily but have the second SIM in my phone and coverage wise they are both on an equal footing to each other, both get 5G in same places, speeds have been good. I was running the Smarty SIM in my 4g router for a bit at home was getting consistent speeeds on that.

I did some testing with EE, Smarty, Three (seperate SIM to Smarty one) and O2 earlier in the year in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, EE and Smarty for me won, lots of places where O2 was lacking to the point although I was getting 4/5G the connection was not useable on O2.

I was with Three when they first launch back in the days when 3G was new and the Three network was good then, I know things dropped but looks like they are back on it and personally the Smarty deals are good.

I would quite happily recommend Smarty, as someone that relies on mobile data and has done extensive work over the years on mobile data projects I nearly moved my home connection to it from VM!
Old 16-11-2023, 18:50   #33
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Unfortunately my Smarty 4G is terrible where I live but I get WiFi calling on it so I've kept it as it's good at work and parents house as well as with Android Auto, EE had the better signal here it it's more expensive so I won't do that.