Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

Old 10-11-2023, 10:23   #16
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

A big if there OB.

How would one distinguish scheduled broadcast television and FAST channels in an IP only era? You could almost do away with the separation and just call it linear television.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2023, 11:12   #17
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

So I opened the Amazon site on my PC, searched "Freevee", and up popped a list of films I would really watch. But not on my PC. So I'll have to get a USB stick for the living room TV.

At first look, none of the films were available to me during the Prime trial.

You can stream content on Amazon Freevee using the Freevee app on the following devices:

Fire TV
Android TV devices
Google TV
Apple TV (4th & 5th Generation)
Android mobile devices
iOS devices (such as iPhones and iPads)
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5
Fire tablets

The cheapest is £35, but it costs another £35 for a remote control. ???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/fire-tv-sti...ps%2C84&sr=1-1

Last edited by Taf; 10-11-2023 at 11:15.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:29   #18
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Exclamation Re: Amazon Freevee on Virginmedia

Firestick has a remote control included. They are much cheaper on prime days or black Friday..... Usually under £20.
Old 10-11-2023, 13:15   #19
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

HD Google Chromecast is on Black Friday offer already £22.99

I prefer the Roku devices but both offer good support for the streamers both subscription and free ones
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 13:54   #20
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Four more FAST Channels set to be added to Virgin EPG by November 18th.
Thank you for the update.

And of course these are channels which VM seemingly chooses to withhold from TV-only customers.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 16:17   #21
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
HD Google Chromecast is on Black Friday offer already £22.99

I prefer the Roku devices but both offer good support for the streamers both subscription and free ones
That one is marked "Android TV boxes". Is that it's operating system or the type of TV it requires?

I thought I had found a cheaper HD Google Chromecast but then saw the P&P "£17.10 + £7.21 Delivery".
Old 10-11-2023, 16:26   #22
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
A big if there OB.

How would one distinguish scheduled broadcast television and FAST channels in an IP only era? You could almost do away with the separation and just call it linear television.
Except the FAST channels are very different from ‘normal’ channels. You only have to try watching them to see that.

I know you think that the linear channels will survive after IPTV takes over from transmitters, but if you take a look at Pluto TV for example, you will see an on demand option on there as well. Freevee is the same.

Just ask yourself, with all the content of those FAST channels at your fingertips, why would you opt to wait for the beginning of the next programme or jump into the middle of it through the channel section when you can watch it from the beginning simply by selecting the on demand option?

When IPTV only happens, I wouldn’t have thought that the majority who watch this stuff would prefer to go to the linear channel for a worse service, would you?
Old 10-11-2023, 21:23   #23
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except the FAST channels are very different from ‘normal’ channels. You only have to try watching them to see that.

I know you think that the linear channels will survive after IPTV takes over from transmitters, but if you take a look at Pluto TV for example, you will see an on demand option on there as well. Freevee is the same.

Just ask yourself, with all the content of those FAST channels at your fingertips, why would you opt to wait for the beginning of the next programme or jump into the middle of it through the channel section when you can watch it from the beginning simply by selecting the on demand option?

When IPTV only happens, I wouldn’t have thought that the majority who watch this stuff would prefer to go to the linear channel for a worse service, would you?
Not sure why you persist with this circuitous argument but the idea these nonentities could provide linear television with nobody watching it yet the biggest players in the industry couldn’t is preposterous.

Whether the majority prefer streaming is irrelevant.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 10:05   #24
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Not sure why you persist with this circuitous argument but the idea these nonentities could provide linear television with nobody watching it yet the biggest players in the industry couldn’t is preposterous.

Whether the majority prefer streaming is irrelevant.
On the first point, I didn't say that.

On the second point, I agree, but I'm not the one who tells me ad nauseum that the channels will still be there post 2035, so clearly, it's relevant to you.

I simply say there would be no point in displaying the channels after the transmitters are turned off for TV broadcasts, when everything can be streamed over IPTV. There's nothing to stop them from doing so if they choose to do so, either to cater for the stick-in-the-muds or because the government tells them the public service channels have to.
Old 11-11-2023, 14:58   #25
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
So I opened the Amazon site on my PC, searched "Freevee", and up popped a list of films I would really watch. But not on my PC. So I'll have to get a USB stick for the living room TV.

At first look, none of the films were available to me during the Prime trial.

You can stream content on Amazon Freevee using the Freevee app on the following devices:

Fire TV
Android TV devices
Google TV
Apple TV (4th & 5th Generation)
Android mobile devices
iOS devices (such as iPhones and iPads)
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5
Fire tablets

The cheapest is £35, but it costs another £35 for a remote control. ???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/fire-tv-sti...ps%2C84&sr=1-1
The stand-alone Freevee app isn't available on most platforms in the UK but Freevee content is usually available on the Prime Video app.

Just scroll down to the "free with ads" section for Freevee on demand content.

Some Prime Video apps also have the Freevee FAST channels, if available they will be in the "Live TV" section (e.g. on Roku devices).

Beware though, the "Live TV" section also contains Prime Video premium channel packages, so only select channels in the Freevee sub-section (if available).

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Except they aren't very different. Of the thousands of FAST channels available globally, many are copies of or replacements of traditional linear channels.

Many genres, e.g. News, Current Affairs, Music Videos, Kids content etc are ideally suited to the format.

Drama / Procedurals / Reality content is generally available for binge watching, which might not suit everyone but traditional linear channels have been doing the same thing for years.

Last edited by epsilon; 11-11-2023 at 15:46.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 18:43   #26
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
The stand-alone Freevee app isn't available on most platforms in the UK but Freevee content is usually available on the Prime Video app.

Just scroll down to the "free with ads" section for Freevee on demand content.

Some Prime Video apps also have the Freevee FAST channels, if available they will be in the "Live TV" section (e.g. on Roku devices).

Beware though, the "Live TV" section also contains Prime Video premium channel packages, so only select channels in the Freevee sub-section (if available).
Does the VM version of the Prime app have the Freevee content?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 18:59   #27
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

[QUOTE=cheekyangus;36163858]Does the VM version of the Prime app have the Freevee content?]
Yes, under the ‘Free with ads’ section of the Amazon app.
Old 11-11-2023, 19:30   #28
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Does the VM version of the Prime app have the Freevee content?
Yes as OLD BOY has confirmed. I don't know if any of VM's devices have the FAST channels though, the V6 doesn't. I also checked Amazon Fire devices and they have Freevee content on both the Prime Video and the Freevee apps, which is interesting.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 19:58   #29
Taf
cf.mega poster

[QUOTE=OLD BOY;36163859]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Does the VM version of the Prime app have the Freevee content?]
Yes, under the ‘Free with ads’ section of the Amazon app.
Browsing from the Amazon homepage, I found Freevee content that I had not seen anywhere on the trial Prime TV app.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f.jpg (178.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg f2.jpg (240.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-11-2023, 20:00   #30
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Some classic carp like The Walking Deceased... Lol