Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Obi-Wan Kenobi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Old 09-05-2022, 11:02   #31
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Obi-Wan Kenobi

The legendary John Williams is back to help write the music for Obi-Wan Kenobi. I can't wait to hear it.

Quote:
The world of “Star Wars” returns in a big way this month with “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” a Disney+ series that sees Ewan McGregor reprising his role from George Lucas’ prequel trilogy. But for many, it just wouldn’t be “Star Wars” without John Williams.

The Oscar winner’s iconic music still defines the massive science fiction franchise, and even as he steps back and lets younger composers work on “Star Wars” projects, his presence continues to be felt.

Williams is hard at work on “Indiana Jones 5” and “The Fabelmans,” so he was unavailable to score the show. Composing duties fell to “Loki” and “Paddington” composer Natalie Holt, who recently spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about the process of working on the series. It turns out that Williams couldn’t completely stay away from “Star Wars,” and still found time to contribute some music to the upcoming series.

“We didn’t collaborate, but I did get to use his theme,” Holt said when asked about working with Williams. “He didn’t have very long and it was quite last minute whether he’d have time or not. But he really wanted to write that theme because he was the one character that he didn’t write the theme for in the original movie. So I think he had this feeling that he wanted to complete the challenge.”

Due to scheduling conflicts, Williams only had a short period of time to write Obi-Wan’s theme, but the 90-year-old composer delivered under pressure.

“I think he had two weeks and he came on board and wrote the Obi theme and a suite, which is the main title, and then a few variations of how the Obi theme can work,” she said. “That was what he had time to give the project, and it was just a gift. It’s so perfect and in a way, once I had that Obi theme, it set the tentpoles up for the project.”
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/05/ob...me-1234723167/
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2022, 11:18   #32
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
The legendary John Williams is back to help write the music for Obi-Wan Kenobi. I can't wait to hear it.

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/05/ob...me-1234723167/
It’s an interesting piece of movie trivia that the Saga films don’t contain a discrete theme for the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi. My guess would be because in the original film, within the principal ensemble he’s nevertheless (whisper it) a secondary character and in the sequels his brief appearances support bigger themes like the force or the Skywalker family. I suspect that Williams will then have felt that composing a theme for him for the prequels would have been too jarring, because musically he was attempting to carry the story from its untold beginning to the point we all know so well. When watched in chronological story order, the sudden lack of an Obi-Wan theme in IV would be jarring.

What’s allowed him to compose an Obi-Wan theme now is the fact that there has been no serious attempt to make the new Disney+ shows sound like the saga films, even though they’ve bent over backwards to make them look like them. From the news report it’s clear that this series isn’t going to sound like the saga either. Its composer is Natalie Holt, and she hasn’t collaborated with Williams on this, she has just received a basic theme composition, and some ideas for how its elements might be woven into the score. What she has received isn’t going to have been orchestrated either, and Williams won’t have had any input into that process when it came to it.

I don’t mean to give you a flaccid realism factor, but one thing this *doesn’t* mean is that the Obi-Wan series score is going to sound like Star Wars.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:36   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I would love it if he composed something meaningful like Luke had the binary sunset and Yoda has his own theme. Obi-wan deserves it.
Old 09-05-2022, 13:42   #34
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'm still amazed that Williams is still working at the age of 90. That's just insane.
Old 09-05-2022, 13:54   #35
General Maximus
Ran Away

Yeah and good for him. His work has always been a labour of love and I imagine he will want to keep doing it for as long as possible. I didn't realise he was so old, for some reason I had it in my head that he was 83. It sounds very selfish but I am dreading the day he passes away because he can never been replaced. I want to transfer his consciousness into an AI or android so he can live forever. Or.................we need some soul hunters from B5....
Old 27-05-2022, 14:44   #36
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Excellent first 2 episodes. Not read anything about it so was totally surprised by the direction it is going in

I see it as a metaphor for life. You know the ending but can still enjoy the journey
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2022, 14:49   #37
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Looking forwrd to viewing this evening. Two episodes sitting on the media server ready.
Old 28-05-2022, 02:50   #38
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Excellent start, you gotta love little Leia.

Shame its only six episodes.
Oddly, the other four appear to be on Wednesdays, not Friday.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2022, 03:04   #39
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It was originally meant to release on Wednesday 25th May. But they delayed it to Friday to coincide with Celebrations event. That is why 2 episodes were out today as an extra for them delaying it by 2 days.
Old 28-05-2022, 08:57   #40
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Good start. Looking forward to the rest.
Old 28-05-2022, 10:20   #41
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Excellent start, you gotta love little Leia.

Shame its only six episodes.
Oddly, the other four appear to be on Wednesdays, not Friday.
Got to say she embodies her very well indeed. Excellent little actress

Kids not doing what they are told cause so much trouble in cinema and tv don't they hahaha
Old 28-05-2022, 11:12   #42
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Very good so far. It’s handy that the actors from the prequel trilogy are all now looking the right age for a story set at this point … Euan MacGregor is now a very convincing substitute for Alec Guinness. And I agree, young Leia was quite the revelation. I’d assumed the story was going to be all about morose Ben Kenobi watching Luke from afar, but we have some action to get our teeth into already.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2022, 19:41   #43
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Loved the scene in the bar with the Grand Inquisitor, riffing on the scene from Inglorious Basterds.. swap Jew Hunter for Jedi Hunter - hey presto!
Old 16-06-2022, 00:52   #44
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Best Vader scene ever this week imo
Old 16-06-2022, 09:59   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The fifth episode was absolutely magnificent.

Mind you others might disagree.