Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What do you have now in terms of a TV Box
View Poll Results: Which TV Box do you have?
V6 25 58.14%
Virgin TV 360 box 14 32.56%
Not with VM 2 4.65%
Tivo 2 4.65%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-03-2024, 01:50   #1
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
What do you have now in terms of a TV Box

Howdy all,

Just wondering how the migration to Virgin TV 360 is occurring? How many of you fine people have migrated over.

I have 3 tivo v6s and my mum likes all her recordings and series links. I'm still curious what is missing from the 360 compared to the v6 and also what the 360 has over the v6 now a few years after launch?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2024, 04:08   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: What do you have now in terms of a TV Box

Not with VM (for TV).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 10:57   #3
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I've still got a couple of V6 boxes. They suit us and my husband, a dedicated technophobe, would certainly not want to, or enjoy, moving over to the 360.

If the programmes he likes were all on freeview we would, most likely, ditch VM TV in a shot.
Old 25-03-2024, 11:01   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Do they still offer the V6 or do new customers have to have the 360?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 11:01   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Never mind 360/V6 migration I've only just migrated my old tivo box to a V6. Won't be touching the 360, sounds like a downgrade.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 11:08   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

We have several 360s in our household, in my view, not others in our household, l prefer the V6 box.
Old 25-03-2024, 11:56   #7
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
V6 and 360 are basically identical in hardware terms , it's the firmware that's different (TiVo and Horizon)

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 25-03-2024 at 12:02.
TimeLord2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 13:20   #8
Kevc69
cf.member

Kevc69 is an unknown quantity at this point

pair of 360's, the wife misses the ability to resurrect accidentally deleted recordings and multichannel series link though.
Kevc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 14:00   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
New customers have to have 360 or Stream
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 14:30   #10
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

We have a V6 as the main, downstairs box and a TiVo upstairs. I don't think we will be hurrying to upgrade to the 360 after reading about it on here.
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 16:28   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
New customers have to have 360 or Stream
Thanks SP.

It stands to reason that the poll will change in favour of the 360 over time then.

Do you know if/when people will be forcibly migrated from V6 to 360?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 17:02   #12
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevc69 View Post
pair of 360's, the wife misses the ability to resurrect accidentally deleted recordings and multichannel series link though.
An undelete feature is the one thing that I miss from the V6. Hopefully it will appear in some form in a future update. Otherwise, I'm very happy I changed to the 360. It does everything else I need and does it well.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 17:34   #13
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks SP.

It stands to reason that the poll will change in favour of the 360 over time then.

Do you know if/when people will be forcibly migrated from V6 to 360?
Given that VM are still letting a lot of customers still struggle with the V6s predecessor, the original Tivo box, probably a long time away.

Problem with any 360 'upgrade' is the loss of all recordings, which many customers would go apeshit about.
Old 25-03-2024, 17:39   #14
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Still have the the original Tivo box, it works for me.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 17:45   #15
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Still have the the original Tivo box, it works for me.
We probably need another option on this poll then !

I suspect there are a lot still with the original tivo, VM will only replace with a V6 as a result of a fault. For me it just got too slow, I considered that a fault, reported it as such, and got it replaced with a V6. Just be sure they don't give you a 360!