Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 16-03-2013, 19:21   #1801
tizmeinnit

Re: what game are you playing

Loads of times in the game I did what I wanted and shot who I wanted and still got what I wanted lol
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2013, 10:52   #1802
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
The Walking Dead, survival instinct.

As a fan of the show I thought I would get it, although some off the reviews slate it quite heavily it really ain't that bad.
Yes it's very linear and doesn't have super crispy graphics (which I think adds to the game) and the gameplay can be repetitive, bashing the walkers with your trusty hammer. It still has its kerb appeal. Very atmospheric, dark and full of the dead and has some hairs on your arms standing up moments.
7/10
I think the game would be much better if it used a similar concept like far cry, an open world with a vast map and a few towns/villages intermingled with some hamlets and farms, still a good game tho.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 09:21   #1803
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
The Walking Dead, survival instinct.

As a fan of the show I thought I would get it, although some off the reviews slate it quite heavily it really ain't that bad*.
Yes it's very linear and doesn't have super crispy graphics (which I think adds to the game) and the gameplay can be repetitive, bashing the walkers with your trusty hammer. It still has its kerb appeal. Very atmospheric, dark and full of the dead and has some hairs on your arms standing up moments.
7/10
I think the game would be much better if it used a similar concept like far cry, an open world with a vast map and a few towns/villages intermingled with some hamlets and farms, still a good game tho.
*It is.

I tried it out and though it was totally rubbish. By today's standards that game looks like it was made at least 10 years ago and on a tight budget.
Old 26-03-2013, 16:17   #1804
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Picked up Saints Row the Third -the Full Package as it's now reasonably cheap

..great fun bashing people in with a three foot long pink thing while dressed as a hot dog

but not quite as complete a game as SR2 overall
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 16:27   #1805
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
..great fun bashing people in with a three foot long pink thing while dressed as a hot dog
You have that dream too????
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 16:37   #1806
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
You have that dream too????
Yeah, thankfully it wasn't the cheerleader outfit
Old 26-03-2013, 18:15   #1807
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Picked up Saints Row the Third -the Full Package as it's now reasonably cheap

but not quite as complete a game as SR2 overall
Played the entire series and I'll never forgive them for removing the multiplayer features that made the first game so brilliant. I don't know what happened.. The first and second had reasonable storylines that kept me interested then the third was just purely ridiculous.
Old 26-03-2013, 20:53   #1808
Jameseh

NFS Most Wanted, was a tenner and is by far the most fun racing game I've played in years. I'd recommend it 100%.
Old 26-03-2013, 21:18   #1809
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have been playing oolite today - very smart
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 22:14   #1810
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Aliens colonial marines coop
Old 27-03-2013, 13:33   #1811
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm

I know there's not a lot more you can do with it but it is just a continuation of the first one so this just feels like an add-on DLC. It's okay though.
Old 04-04-2013, 16:20   #1812
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I finished the Tomb Raider reboot at the weekend. *Excellent* game. The closest anyone without a PS3 will get to playing something like Uncharted. I actually think it does some things better, too, such as the combat, although the supporting characters are not as good. Excellent graphics, cinematic atmosphere, production values, voice acting (for Lara at least), gameplay, action...

I'm now playing BioShock Infinite, which is also *excellent*.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 17:47   #1813
kesterwww
Inactive

Services: BT total BB. BT Vision.
kesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about them

This thread is incredible. I remember posting a comment on here 4 years ago on its first page. And i cant believe i still get notifications that people have commented.
kesterwww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:18   #1814
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I finished BioShock Infinite tonight.

*Awesome* game
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 10:47   #1815
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Sleeping Dogs (360)

Very enjoyable GTA-esque fix you can now pick up reasonably cheap at ASDA (20 quid)