Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HUB 5 High latency since install

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

HUB 5 High latency since install

Old 20-11-2022, 17:32   #31
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: HUB 5 High latency since install

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW1988 View Post
Still not fixed. Do VM have a timescale that they have to fix issues like this in?
Depends on the number of customers affected. Did they give you a fault ticket number?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2022, 21:29   #32
GW1988
cf.member

GW1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Depends on the number of customers affected. Did they give you a fault ticket number?
No. It was an engineer who works on installs who diagnosed the cabinet issue.

As Sepiroth said, I would imagine it affects quite a few customers on my housing estate.

He left a ref on a piece of paper, but I'm unsure as to what this is.....
GW1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2022, 22:12   #33
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Just got my SuperHub 5 today.
The Wi-Fi on the SH3 was appalling so I had an ASUS router and was getting about 185MB in my bedroom two floors away from my router on 600MB
Installed my SH5 and get the same or more without a separate router on 1Gb.
I’m happy.
I’m paying £1/month more than I was and had to change from vVirgin Mobile to O2 but now get 1Gb instead of 600Mb and also have Netflix so no longer have to pay the £3/month I was paying.
All in all, I’m a happy bunny.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2022, 23:18   #34
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW1988 View Post
He left a ref on a piece of paper, but I'm unsure as to what this is.....
A network ticket number is F followed by 9 digits.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2022, 09:06   #35
GW1988
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
A network ticket number is F followed by 9 digits.
It's not that then. I'll give them time to try and rectify.
Old 16-01-2023, 18:27   #36
GW1988
cf.member

Issue finally sorted today. All 5 upload streams back and upload speed back to normal. We got there in the end!
Old 16-01-2023, 19:51   #37
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Good that you told us and good that they fixed it.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2023, 12:27   #38
GW1988
cf.member

Just an update. Now have the HUB5 finally installed and everything is all OK still.

Graph looks good:

No idea what the spikes are, but seem to come and go early in morning.
Old 14-03-2023, 12:45   #39
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Looks good, might be router related on the spikes, if it has tasks running at those hours.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote