Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Delivery due today, no tracking number

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Delivery due today, no tracking number

Old 29-10-2022, 12:32   #1
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Delivery due today, no tracking number

Is this normal, waiting for hub today but no tracking number from yodel.

This is the exact quote from my vm page.

Spoiler: 
Your self-install pack is already out for delivery with our trusty partner, Yodel, as soon as your package has been allocated a Yodel tracking reference number, you'll be able to track its progress to your door. Unfortunately, this means you can no longer reschedule your delivery.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2022, 12:38   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Delivery due today, no tracking number

That's the way it works with other deliveries I've had.
The tracking number comes from the courier, so until the courier picks up the package, a tracking number can't be allocated and on their system.
The courier may update the sender with the tracking number, but I don't know whether that would happen here.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2022, 12:57   #3
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Its already been picked up from VM though, and is due today.

Or do you mean they dont assign one until out on a van for delivery? Bit unusual to not be in a van by midday. Not holding much hope.
Old 29-10-2022, 13:19   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Its already been picked up from VM though, and is due today.

Or do you mean they dont assign one until out on a van for delivery? Bit unusual to not be in a van by midday. Not holding much hope.
I got tracking before it was loaded but did not get a time scale till it was on the van
Old 29-10-2022, 13:39   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I got a 2hr slot text from them during the 2hr slot period when I got my Hub5.

Edit

The Text message came from virginmedia with time slot and tracking.
Old 29-10-2022, 17:43   #6
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

I have the tracking number now, but no 2 hour slot and still not here.
Old 29-10-2022, 17:48   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I have the tracking number now, but no 2 hour slot and still not here.
What's the app say? It will give you options if you're not home.
Old 29-10-2022, 17:51   #8
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Pretty funny, sent the delivery guy a text, and hes like im outside with smiley, 1 min later delivered.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
What's the app say? It will give you options if you're not home.
I havent been able to get the app to work, it was a nightmare to register on my vm, and the app just has constant animated vm logo. So been using the website.
Old 29-10-2022, 17:53   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Pretty funny, sent the delivery guy a text, and hes like im outside with smiley, 1 min later delivered.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

I havent been able to get the app to work, it was a nightmare to register on my vm, and the app just has constant animated vm logo. So been using the website.
Hub5 or Hub4 monstrousity?
Old 29-10-2022, 17:53   #10
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Its a hub 5 already know.
Old 29-10-2022, 17:54   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Its a hub 5 already know.
Great, so easy to active now no phone call.
Old 29-10-2022, 18:47   #12
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Up and running, for now just connected to laptop.

The wall socket is ntl branded, and its loose, but luckily seems to be working.

speedtest on laptop 864 down and 52 up, pretty good for a saturday afternoon.