Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What game are you playing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion

What game are you playing

Old 07-08-2020, 13:39   #2341
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: What game are you playing

Trying (and failing) to play COD:MW, as the latest update won't load on to my 256GB SSD, as there isn't enough space to download the latest 50+GB update (can't make any space, as COD:MW is all that is on there).

So, copy the game library to my 2TB HD, download and install the update, then copy the game library back to the SSD (as it tidies up to less than 256GB after the update).

Bit of a faff - I may have to buy another 512GB SSD (already have one, but don't want to fill it up with the games, as it's at 200GB used already).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2020, 15:03   #2342
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Assassins Creed Black Flag . . . again.

Really struggling with PC games now, computer is well behind specs required for many of the later games.

I could spend a lot of money upgrading, but apparently newer motherboards often have issues regarding Win 7 drivers . . and lots of faffing about to overcome it.

Methinks a PS4 is on the Crimbo list, whether I get the hang of the controller before I pop my clogs is another matter
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 15:11   #2343
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post

Really struggling with PC games now, computer is well behind specs required for many of the later games.

I could spend a lot of money upgrading, but apparently newer motherboards often have issues regarding Win 7 drivers . . and lots of faffing about to overcome it.
That is the trouble with PC's as you have to spend a fair amount of money to guarantee it will have the specs required for these newer games.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Quote:
Methinks a PS4 is on the Crimbo list, whether I get the hang of the controller before I pop my clogs is another matter
Surely a intelligent man like yourself can work out how to use a PS4 controller.
Old 07-08-2020, 15:17   #2344
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

My initial thoughts are that after 25 years using K/B + Mouse, my brain can probably work it out but getting my fingers & thumbs to follow instructions could be difficult

Looking forward to getting to play RDR2 though, however badly I play
Old 07-08-2020, 16:19   #2345
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Get the PS5 no point throwing £250+ on PS4 unless you want to buy my immaculate silent PS4 Pro off me!

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Trying (and failing) to play COD:MW, as the latest update won't load on to my 256GB SSD, as there isn't enough space to download the latest 50+GB update (can't make any space, as COD:MW is all that is on there).

So, copy the game library to my 2TB HD, download and install the update, then copy the game library back to the SSD (as it tidies up to less than 256GB after the update).

Bit of a faff - I may have to buy another 512GB SSD (already have one, but don't want to fill it up with the games, as it's at 200GB used already).
You know in the long run it'll be the right thing to do.....

Western Digital_Black SN750 1 TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD - Generation 3 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-SN750.../dp/B07M64QXMN
Old 11-08-2020, 15:24   #2346
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Blasting away on COD Mobile
Old 11-08-2020, 16:26   #2347
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Still playing Shadow of War on PS4 Pro, such a large and fantastic game made even better when buying digital for a few £s in a sale. Takes a while to get into it but if someone likes games like Assassin's Creed it is well worth it and I would argue even better.
Old 19-08-2020, 16:55   #2348
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I've just started playing, A Total War Saga Troy.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2020, 13:17   #2349
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Still playing Shadow of War on PS4 Pro, such a large and fantastic game made even better when buying digital for a few £s in a sale. Takes a while to get into it but if someone likes games like Assassin's Creed it is well worth it and I would argue even better.
Finally platinumed Shadow of War, such a long great game, now it is time to do the same with the first game Shadow of Mordor.
Old 04-09-2020, 22:50   #2350
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Some co-op 7 Days to Die

Seems like it's been in Alpha for years (it probably has!) but great fun all the same.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 16:52   #2351
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Started to play No Man's Sky with my nephew.

255 unique galaxies, 18 quintillion procedurally-generated planets (18,446,744,073,709,551,616 or 2^64 to be exact)

It will take 565 billion years to see them all.
Old 10-10-2020, 18:34   #2352
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Star Wars Squadrons in VR.

On the plus side, it is nice feeling you are in the various Star Wars craft, but the game has major problems.

1) It's flaky, and frequently crashes. Yes, my machine is up to date, and is more than powerful enough to run the game in VR..
2) All of the missions in the "story" follow pretty much the same structure. Travel somewhere, destroy smaller ships, travel somewhere else, destroy a larger ship. I believe occasionally, you are required to travel somewhere else and destroy a star destroyer or Rebel capital ship (the missions alternate between the empire and the rebels, so you play both sides). I've been doing that for 6 hours of gameplay now, and, to be frank, I am bored.

What story there is has clearly been put there just to get you from mission to mission. The characters are one dimensional, there is no character development and your character(s) don't even have names, let alone have any impact on the story. I say they have no impact, because it seems to me you have to repeat every mission until you beat it, so there is no failure. No alternate branch the story can take because you failed.

Don't get me wrong. I know this is Star Wars, and while I love the films and games, no Star Wars product is ever going to be a literary masterpiece, but the films at least do have some variety, some humour and some character development. There is actually more of all that in the trailer for this game than there is in the game..

Sorry EA, but while this game is very pretty, and sounds good, and may well have good multiplayer, you've missed the mark in terms of gameplay for me. This, combined with the fact that EA have already announced that there will be no DLC for this game suggests to me that EA have actually sold us a tech demo. Or they are dipping their toes in the VR Waters to see what happens, but don't want to commit to a AAA budget for it.

Everyone else, if you like multiplayer space or flight shooters, then this game is apparently good, but for me, I don't like multiplayer games of any description, and the single player game ain't good enough.

Last edited by Stuart; 10-10-2020 at 18:48.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 14:56   #2353
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Started to play No Man's Sky with my nephew.

255 unique galaxies, 18 quintillion procedurally-generated planets (18,446,744,073,709,551,616 or 2^64 to be exact)

It will take 565 billion years to see them all.
Coincidence, I too started playing this around 2 weeks ago (single player, not Multi)
Finding it absolutely brilliant (for now), I first played 3 or 4 days in the 'constructor' type mode (with no deaths), just to get the hang of things, since then enjoying flying around exploring etc in normal mode

Not really following the Atlas or Artemis story paths, just having fun

I've already had the 'Einstein quote' twice when being killed through my own stupidity
Old 13-10-2020, 16:47   #2354
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

AC Black Flag on PS4, would like to platinum but it has online trophies which I hate.

Anyone else with a PS4, if so please add me as I like to see what games others play?

PS5 pre ordered.
Old 18-10-2020, 13:08   #2355
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Open Beta
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote