Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV360

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV360

Old 26-11-2023, 12:25   #121
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: TV360

If you had two V6 boxes upgraded you kept storage on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Some bits are good but l do miss Wish Lists and Series links and one can only record on one box for recordings so one has less memory then before.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-11-2023, 12:45   #122
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Some bits are good but l do miss Wish Lists and Series links and one can only record on one box for recordings so one has less memory then before.
You can record series links on the 360, Den. I do it all the time. You are given that option when you press ‘record’.

You can record on both boxes as well. Simply make the appropriate selection from the ‘Advanced settings’, which enables you to choose which box to record from.

It is true that there are no wish lists, but that was exclusive to TiVo. I never saw the point of that, to be honest. You can search for what is available, but not for what isn’t available.
Old 26-11-2023, 13:03   #123
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The V6 would follow series links from one channel to another - 360 you have to have a link for every possible channel the programme may be on. A real pain for thinks link Premier League football and other sports.

Champions League Football you have to have five on the 360 and so get duplicates when the game is also on Ultimate. 360 would only record one occurance.
Old 26-11-2023, 13:15   #124
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
If you had two V6 boxes upgraded you kept storage on both.
We had all three V6 boxes upgraded but only have storage on the main one.
Old 26-11-2023, 13:23   #125
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
We had all three V6 boxes upgraded but only have storage on the main one.
You should be able to record on all three. But it may not be obvious that it is doing, as by default it shows the recordings on all boxes in the same list.

Go to Recordings, then View All. You can change the filter at the top of the screen from "Recorded" to "Recorded on this box only"
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 13:58   #126
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Thanks for that tip SP.
Old 26-11-2023, 18:29   #127
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

360 has Watchlist.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 19:30   #128
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

360 to me seems to me to be all 'fur coat and no knickers'. What you gain in a nice epg, you lose in in a lot of the tivo functions ( talking to your remote might be a nice gimmick if you're lonely, but could also get you certified )

Each to their own, suspect it appeals to those that like iphones, as long as it looks nice , then that's the main thing.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 05:37   #129
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Sounds fun - but it's not that good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
360 to me seems to me to be all 'fur coat and no knickers'.
Old 27-11-2023, 20:34   #130
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
360 to me seems to me to be all 'fur coat and no knickers'. What you gain in a nice epg, you lose in in a lot of the tivo functions ( talking to your remote might be a nice gimmick if you're lonely, but could also get you certified )

Each to their own, suspect it appeals to those that like iphones, as long as it looks nice , then that's the main thing.
I can’t agree with you on that, Mr K. I haven’t missed any of those gimmicky TiVo functions.

However, in the end it’s down to personal preference and willingness to embrace change.
Old 28-11-2023, 01:04   #131
Kevc69
cf.member

Kevc69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss the tivo functionality of putting recordings of the same series in on e place regardless of channel.
On the other hand the talking to the remote is useful when watching the playback of American sports because I can tell it to skip forward a set amount to get past the adverts, annoying pundits etc.
Kevc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 07:03   #132
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I can’t agree with you on that, Mr K. I haven’t missed any of those gimmicky TiVo functions.

However, in the end it’s down to personal preference and willingness to embrace change.
Why should anyone embrace negative change?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 09:33   #133
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
They have to, so they will?

Needs must?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2023, 16:00   #134
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s not negative at all in my eyes. Only the gimmicks have been left off.

I now have profiles and the quick microphone method to find programmes I want, and more streamers available as well. The things I can’t do that I could on the TiVo I rarely, if ever, used anyway.
Old 28-11-2023, 17:16   #135
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It’s not negative at all in my eyes. Only the gimmicks have been left off.

I now have profiles and the quick microphone method to find programmes I want, and more streamers available as well. The things I can’t do that I could on the TiVo I rarely, if ever, used anyway.
Once again you are extrapolating your own narrow preferences onto the entire population.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote