Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

Old 13-01-2022, 12:41   #1
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

For all discussion on the iPhone 14, due to be released in September 2022.

As of January 2022, the current rumours are:

- The Pro models "Notch" finally being removed and instead a smaller pill shaped area at the top of the screen.
The big notch bugged me, I will be glad to see a smaller area being used.

- 48 Mega Pixel camera on the iPhone 14 Pro.

- New iPhone design, possibly using Titanium.

Apple is expected to announce four new iPhone 14 models in September, including a 6.1-inch iPhone 14, 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Max, 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro, and 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max, with a 48-megapixel camera available on the latter two devices.

Are you tempted? What are you looking forward to?

This thread is for all discussion about Apples newest device arriving in September 2022.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2022, 15:35   #2
Isabellah
cf.member

Isabellah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: iPhone 14 Discussion Thread

I hope they will finally make a 144 hz display, also I hope they will return touch ID, face ID does not always work especially when you are wearing mask. Maybe they will be able to integrate their chip M1 in the iPhone, it could be really awesome
Isabellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 21:37   #3
bigsinky
cf.addict

Services: Broadband Gig1
bigsinky is on a distinguished roadbigsinky is on a distinguished road

Need to have a >120hz screen.
bigsinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 21:47   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Is it able to make phone calls? Just asking as its something they may have forgotten...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2022, 22:02   #5
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellah View Post
I hope they will finally make a 144 hz display, also I hope they will return touch ID, face ID does not always work especially when you are wearing mask. Maybe they will be able to integrate their chip M1 in the iPhone, it could be really awesome
The M1 chip is a cousin of the A chips in the iPhone, it was from the work there they eventually arrived at the M chip. I don't think we'll see it in the iPhone as their current chipsets are more than fast enough already in the phone.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 05:33   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Is it able to make phone calls? Just asking as its something they may have forgotten...
Unclear atm.

I predict it will, of course, be more expensive than any previous iPhone.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 10:26   #7
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I am mostly interested in the camera as use it all the time so the increase in mega pixels is very welcome. However if they are keeping the sensor size the same then it is likely they will use pixel binning to join a larger pixel but lower megapixel image with the higher megapixel but smaller pixel image.
They may also have an issue with low light so Im hoping that isnt an issue.

Old 14-01-2022, 11:11   #8
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I predict it will, of course, be more expensive than any previous iPhone.
I can't wait for all the VM emails begging me to buy one
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 17:49   #9
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I am mostly interested in the camera as use it all the time so the increase in mega pixels is very welcome. However if they are keeping the sensor size the same then it is likely they will use pixel binning to join a larger pixel but lower megapixel image with the higher megapixel but smaller pixel image.
They may also have an issue with low light so Im hoping that isnt an issue.
Yeah, this is my concern. Apple has generally been good at avoiding the big numbers game and doing something that gets good pictures. iPhone pictures as a result had way less noise than other phones early on where their competitors posted gazillion megapixels but it looked awful.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:04   #10
Halcyon
Hello !

So we are getting a little closer to a release date, with around September 6th likely to be the day it is revealed to the world.

So far, it seems to be the iPhone 14 Pro that will be the one to go for.
The standard 14 model will not have an upgraded processor and the Pro has more features.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they become available. I assume there will be a lot more iPhone 14 Pro's manufactured than the other models. There was recently talk about the Max model possibly having supply issues.

Old 11-07-2022, 18:08   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
So we are getting a little closer to a release date, with around September 6th likely to be the day it is revealed to the world.

So far, it seems to be the iPhone 14 Pro that will be the one to go for.
The standard 14 model will not have an upgraded processor and the Pro has more features.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they become available. I assume there will be a lot more iPhone 14 Pro's manufactured than the other models. There was recently talk about the Max model possibly having supply issues.
Surely the thing to do get a model a couple of versions earlier and save yourself hundreds, that's always been my starting point with phones. In fact save yourself a few hundred more and don't bother with Apple. Android is equally as good, can compare as I have an iPhone for work, and Android for myself. In many way Android is better as iphones are so locked down.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 21:03   #12
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Surely the thing to do get a model a couple of versions earlier and save yourself hundreds, that's always been my starting point with phones. In fact save yourself a few hundred more and don't bother with Apple. Android is equally as good, can compare as I have an iPhone for work, and Android for myself. In many way Android is better as iphones are so locked down.
I've tried telling my offspring this but they won't listen. iphones are also very difficult to get fixed at a third party outlet or fix yourself despite their new self repair scheme (which is a bit of a con). You still have to buy the parts from Apple then register your phone details to get the newly installed parts functioning properly.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 23:34   #13
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

He can afford it ....
Quote:
With a current net worth of US$263 billion and an annual growth rate of 129 per cent, Musk is anticipated to reach US$1.38 trillion in the next two years at age 52.
https://www.theceomagazine.com/busin...-trillionaire/

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:34   #14
Halcyon
Hello !

Ok so we get it, some of you don't like iPhones.

But this isnt the thread for you then.

Old 24-08-2022, 15:19   #15
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Entirely depends on the ecosystem you're either tied to or you prefer, I use a Mac for work (iPad Pro if travelling overseas), therefore an iPhone fits in better.