Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix and virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix and virgin

Old 26-05-2023, 13:51   #1
theslasher71
cf.member

theslasher71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Netflix and virgin

Good monring every one slightly frustrated as my duaghter is at uni and shares my netlix allway from home,i understand netflix in there password sharing and as responable member of socity was willing to pay for her.
I pay extra to virgin for the ultra hd netflix but under netflixs new rules if you pay by a third party for netflix you cant add the extra members.
I think virgin need to change this so you can pay thru your bill.
Sorry for the rant:
theslasher71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2023, 14:13   #2
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix and virgin

This would appear to be a limitation on Netflix's side because my understanding is it also affects Sky and BT customers for the same reason. But agree, it's not great!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2023, 14:38   #3
theslasher71
cf.member

theslasher71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yer i just re phoned virgin i think they are hopefully if enoght people complain raise a issue because they need to state this withing there advirtising that this feautuer wont be avaliable.
Some one with netflix joins virgin pays the extra thru virgin for uhd then finds out there exsiting extra member account stops working.
theslasher71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 15:22   #4
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I have not found a mention of the extra household add on at all through my emails or actual use. It just asked me to declare my household.
I also am wanting to add another location but maybe they are not even telling me this is an option as they can't deal with it admin wise.
Annoying if so.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 15:55   #5
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Extra member slots are £4.99/m, which is the same as Standard with Ads https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926
You can't add the former if you pay via a third party (Virgin, Sky, BT) so if your offspring is happy to put up with a few ads, I'd suggest signing them up for Standard w Ads.
I'm not sure how they'll track use on mobile devices. The marketing material for the password crackdown suggests you can still use a Basic or Standard account on holiday, so how are they policing that?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 16:03   #6
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Extra member slots are £4.99/m, which is the same as Standard with Ads https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926
You can't add the former if you pay via a third party (Virgin, Sky, BT) so if your offspring is happy to put up with a few ads, I'd suggest signing them up for Standard w Ads.
I'm not sure how they'll track use on mobile devices. The marketing material for the password crackdown suggests you can still use a Basic or Standard account on holiday, so how are they policing that?
Doesn't it have to connect back to the home WiFi within 30 days?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 16:40   #7
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
That would make sense
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 17:10   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
No - that's just for portable devices
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 19:08   #9
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No - that's just for portable devices
Are you sure? Surely the whole point of this is to stop password sharing, if it didn't have to connect to your home WiFi, then it would all seem a bit pointless. The whole 30 days thing is so you can watch it away from your home WiFi, say a hotel TV which won't need to connect to your WiFi as you might only be there for 7 days, but how would Netflix differentiate between you on holiday or you have shared your password.
Old 30-05-2023, 19:15   #10
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Pretty sure.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/248...E_1&lnktrk=EVO

Quote:
If you have a second home or travel frequently to the same location, follow these steps:

From the main place you watch Netflix, connect to the internet and open the Netflix app on your mobile device(s) once a month. Then take the same steps when you arrive at your second location to continue watching Netflix without interruption
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2023, 19:46   #11
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Your link states

"Netflix is easy to use when on the go or traveling. Watch Netflix as usual on your portable devices - like a tablet, laptop, or mobile phone - or sign in to a new TV, like at a hotel or a holiday rental"

Though the original point was mobile devices anyway.