Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Internet Reduction of monthly fee

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Internet Reduction of monthly fee

Old 14-07-2022, 11:16   #1
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point
Internet Reduction of monthly fee

What a Life---I talked to a lovely lady at Virgin Media for around 15 minutes about a Reduction from 3rd August 2022.
She said £47 a month first off, then £46. Reduced from £66:25p So I agreed.
Sending me an email to confirm. I receive the email and it says a Reduction to £52 a month. Can someone tell me What the heck is going on. Could not send Email back as it says (no reply). Any Idea who to contact via Email not phone if possible. Thank You. Verbal says £47 or £46 .
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2022, 11:29   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Internet Reduction of monthly fee

call them again say that is not what you agreed and put your 30 days notice in. Then hopefully within a day or 2 you will get a call from the higher retentions who can offer the best prices. You rarely get the best prices on the first call
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2022, 11:55   #3
copernob
cf.addict

Thanks Jaymoss..I just contacted them on Chat. Explained it all, just waiting for a reply now. If I don't get satisfaction via chat I will give a phone call.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Just got a Good reply from the chat person called 'jagan' and he/she has corrected it and I will now pay £47 a month. I Happy with that for Phone (weekends) and 350 internet. Better than £63:00 from 3rd August. Just have to wait for email confirmation now. Thank You Jaymoss..
Old 14-07-2022, 17:17   #4
copernob
cf.addict

Well I am BAFFLED! completely. I'm 76 with slight Dementia and All this is doing my head in.
The chat person said they will sort it out for me. So I said Thanks. I get my Email and find they still telling me it is £52 but next Bill is £59:58p from August 3rd 2022.
They saying I am on Volt M350 Fibre Broadband..What the HECK is Volt. I not ever been on Volt and Never asked for this Volt. I'm not directly with 02 I'm with Tesco on o2. Have never come across so much Bull Rubish in all the 30 odd years with Virgin since NTL days.
Anyone got any explanations Please. Or do I phone tomorrow again and tell them to keep it and I'm quitting Virgin. (of which I don't want to do, to loyal for that)

Why is Virgin Media still offering cheaper deals to new customers. I thought the Government had said us older customers must have same deals as New ones...

Last edited by copernob; 14-07-2022 at 17:41. Reason: Adding a query
Old 14-07-2022, 20:15   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
Well I am BAFFLED! completely. I'm 76 with slight Dementia and All this is doing my head in.
The chat person said they will sort it out for me. So I said Thanks. I get my Email and find they still telling me it is £52 but next Bill is £59:58p from August 3rd 2022.
They saying I am on Volt M350 Fibre Broadband..What the HECK is Volt. I not ever been on Volt and Never asked for this Volt. I'm not directly with 02 I'm with Tesco on o2. Have never come across so much Bull Rubish in all the 30 odd years with Virgin since NTL days.
Anyone got any explanations Please. Or do I phone tomorrow again and tell them to keep it and I'm quitting Virgin. (of which I don't want to do, to loyal for that)

Why is Virgin Media still offering cheaper deals to new customers. I thought the Government had said us older customers must have same deals as New ones...
I think the older/new customers getting the same deals was for Insurance products.

I'm afraid the only decent deal you'll get is if you quit. They'll call you back with a deal as sure as night follows day...

Loyalty is definitely penalised by VM. Its a very profitable business model for them.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2022, 08:49   #6
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Just play the cancellation merry go round. Cancelled my package Monday. Got a call Tuesday ultimate volt for £69pm.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2022, 10:08   #7
copernob
cf.addict

I put in a Complaint on line. Took me a while to find how to do it. I got an eMail back telling me they will look into it but could take 28 days..That's not good enough either cause on 3rd august 22 my Contract is up and I go on to full payment then. Should I phone back.
Old 15-07-2022, 10:21   #8
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
I put in a Complaint on line. Took me a while to find how to do it. I got an eMail back telling me they will look into it but could take 28 days..That's not good enough either cause on 3rd august 22 my Contract is up and I go on to full payment then. Should I phone back.
Most definitely call back ask for an explanation as to why your offers are not matching. Make sure you listen to the menu and select thinking of leaving us
Old 15-07-2022, 10:27   #9
copernob
cf.addict

Hi Jaymoss--I did that a few moments ago and it put me through to Manilla. I could not understand the lady so apologised and left. Why put me through to Manilla at 9am in morning?? Do they stop working on a Friday in UK. Will try again on Monday.
Old 15-07-2022, 20:45   #10
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

We tend to swap it between mine and my wife's name each year.

I'm on O2 Sim only for like £8/m, so I pay £36/m for 500mbit and it is increased to 1gbit by Volt.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2022, 14:15   #11
copernob
cf.addict

Have phoned a few more times at 8am and got through to Manilla again. I apologised n hung up. Seeing as I not heard from the complaints department I went on their Chat line Yesterday, Monday 25th. Had a long chat explaining everything and told the chat bot if not put to rights I'm leaving. Told chat I'm on mobile with tesco on o2 and do not want Volt. Anyway after about 45 minutes chat said I'll get the reduced bill in a few days. That does not sound correct to me as new contract normally comes through same day. What I did get was an Email stating that I got a £5 reduction. So if I do not get my New Contract via Email by Thursday which number do I press on phone to say I am leaving ? My bigest problem is when they ask for my certain parts of Password. Can't remember password. Not even in my Lastpass. THANKS.

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

rtho782--I'm on Tesco O2 sim paying through Direct Debit monthly for £7 a month. 2gb, unlimited, unlimited. That is all I need.
Old 26-07-2022, 14:43   #12
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

You need to leave it a little later.

I called the other day got put through to Manilla as you call it then hung up called again and got UK about 10.30 or so. She filled me so full of poop I put my 30 days notice in and the next day in the morning I got my call back from the win back team and the offered me a fair deal 100 meg for £22 or 200 for £28

Seeing as they think you have accepted a deal you need to hurry to get your notice in before any cooling off period ends. Incidentally I got a pre contract agreement with the new deal within minutes and a new contract within hours

I will say again the one and only way of getting the best deals is to put your notice in
Old 29-07-2022, 00:50   #13
copernob
cf.addict

Thanks Jaymoss. 30 years with this company and this is first cock up in all that time. Only since they bought out O2 and become Virginmedia O2. Scandalous. I will phone in morning. Though I have tried a few times and I still go through to Manilla. My problem on the phone is, I forgotten and lost my password so can't tell them it.
Old 30-07-2022, 12:20   #14
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

I was put on a Volt package when my contract was up.I was given a price and I accepted. Unbeknown to me at the time, I didn't realize I would receive 2 bills each month,one from Virgin and one from O2.The price I was quoted did not include the £10 for the o2 SIM.So instead of a monthly bill of £79, I now pay £89
trublue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2022, 15:29   #15
copernob
cf.addict

I Called a few times yesterday. Total time on phone 3 hours. The last phone call got me back to Manilla so I decided to be patient and talked to the lady. This lady I could understand easier than others. She was very Understanding and Helpful, Thankfully. I managed a £49 + M500. I was on M350. Volt GONE! Phew!!. She also gave me a reduction off of first bill for all the confusion I had. So a Good Result as far as I'm concerned.
I can not understand that since they gone VirginMedia/O2 that it has gone Worse for majority of members. Loads of complaints out there about being put on Volt without being asked. THANK YOU All.