Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Updated: Boris resigns as party leader
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 20:59   #2731
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

Now, you may personally think that Brexit is not the right course for this country, but it was the democratic decision. You need to swallow that.
The country is swallowing it big time now OB, that's for sure. Project Fear and a law breaking, self centered, incompetent PM are here.
Worst growth and highest inflation in the G7. Why?
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2022, 21:12   #2732
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
<SNIP>

This is getting silly now. You completely ignore the dreadful situation we have faced with Covid and the Ukraine situation. You can see the problem, so please, just acknowledge it! Clear that blind spot.

The manifesto was delayed for legitimate reasons. Judge Boris when his time is up, and bear in mind the problems he has been up against.

The manifesto is now being relaunched, so be patient.
OB, you really are a piece of work. I offered these public priorities and address your remarks in-line:

Quote:
Very close to the top, if not at the top are:

1. Restoration of face-to-face doctor's appointments - at least next day;
Nothing to do with Covid now. The doctors just don't want to do it and the Guvmin is doing nothing about it.

2. Proper relief from the cost-of-living crisis - like temporary removal of VAT from fuel prices. The mentioned £37 billion says nothing as to its adequacy (which it won't be).
The Guvmin has a duty in all circumstances to protect its citizens, under this heading to provide substantial cost-of-living relief at the petrol/diesel pump. Ukraine situation is a cause, not an obstacle to relief.

3. Self-sufficiency on power and food (so far as is possible) instead of the stupid "wilding" policy and not joining up power generation with electric cars (never mind the Victorian terraced streets).
Nothing to do with Covid nor Ukraine. Successive governments have let this one slide for decades yet Boris is going all green without a viable plan.

Also as far as I can tell Boris wants to reduce arable land through this re-wilding project. Is he mad? (Yes). With all the millions he's trying to attract to this country, how will we feed them? How is sewage systems going to cope without discharge into rivers? Nothing to do with COVID nor Ukraine.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 10-06-2022, 21:15   #2733
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I would be surprised if the governing party didn't lose mid term , that's the nature of the beast. Question to Labour supporters , if you think bj is so bad a vote loser ,why would you want him to go , guessing you would think he would be replaced with someone better for the country ,hence more likely to win the next general election,. This is not a defence of Him just puzzled by the thinking hole and digging comes to mind as far as BJ is concerned .
I think there are quite a few Labour supporters who don't want him to go for this reason. Labour has to say they want him out because otherwise it looks stupid but I would imagine inside Labour they are thinking they are better off with the devil they know. It's a gamble who would win the Tory Leadership and some candidates would scare them more than others.

Alternatively, they might be thinking if he goes later then a new leader might be able to run into the next election with a cleaner slate and they want the next year of economic turmoil to be inherited by the next leader.
Old 10-06-2022, 21:29   #2734
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well, he’s only received a fine for a cake ambush between meetings. Go figure.

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

OMG! BBCQT! I’d love to hear your definition of objective!

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Your point being…?

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Actually, this government was elected on the basis that it was the only government that would actually deliver what they wanted (ie Brexit).

Now, you may personally think that Brexit is not the right course for this country, but it was the democratic decision. You need to swallow that.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

This is getting silly now. You completely ignore the dreadful situation we have faced with Covid and the Ukraine situation. You can see the problem, so please, just acknowledge it! Clear that blind spot.

The manifesto was delayed for legitimate reasons. Judge Boris when his time is up, and bear in mind the problems he has been up against.

The manifesto is now being relaunched, so be patient.
are we only country in world that had to face covid and Ukraine war like OB come off it we second bottom of growth table because we only country in world to impose economic sanctions on ourselves and Russia is only bottom because lots of world put sanction on them
Old 10-06-2022, 21:39   #2735
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
are we only country in world that had to face covid and Ukraine war like OB come off it we second bottom of growth table because we only country in world to impose economic sanctions on ourselves and Russia is only bottom because lots of world put sanction on them
Pretty good summation of the situation.

Old 10-06-2022, 23:38   #2736
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

It's going to be a train crash. The ERG have agreed to keep him in power if he dances to their tune. Expect an extreme bill on the Brexit agreement with the EU and more mayhem and disinvestment.
Old 10-06-2022, 23:39   #2737
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's going to be a train crash. The ERG have agreed to keep him in power if he dances to their tune. Expect an extreme bill on the Brexit agreement with the EU and more mayhem and disinvestment.
Well, we will see on Monday, when the NI Bill gets to Parliament…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:06   #2738
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I don't care anymore. There's no one I have any faith in anymore to do the right thing apart from Rory Stewart and he's no longer an MP.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:08   #2739
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
OB, you really are a piece of work. I offered these public priorities and address your remarks in-line:
Again, I commend you for telling it how it really is although I disagree on the detail of some of your points OB's post is something a Central Office ToryBot would be proud of
Old 11-06-2022, 10:16   #2740
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Ag''ain, I commend you for telling it how it really is although I disagree on the detail of some of your points OB's post is something a Central Office ToryBot would be proud of
I very much hope to bump into OB at the upcoming Wokingham Conservatives’ AGM. On the other hand, if he’s not a party member one would have to wonder why he takes his current line on Boris.

I agree with OB on a number of topics, including Brexit and much of his views on COVID. But the UK is very badly governed at the moment and OB doesn’t accept that.

Old 11-06-2022, 11:29   #2741
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Again, I commend you for telling it how it really is although I disagree on the detail of some of your points OB's post is something a Central Office ToryBot would be proud of
TBH if there was ever going to be a robot rebellion it would probably start with someone asking them to give their unqualified support to Boris Johnson.

My entire adult life I have voted either Conservative, or on occasion a pro-Brexit party likely to damage the local conservative. These past few weeks I have found myself wondering whether next time I might have to make peace with a serious political alternative.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:46   #2742
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
TBH if there was ever going to be a robot rebellion it would probably start with someone asking them to give their unqualified support to Boris Johnson.

My entire adult life I have voted either Conservative, ...snip.... These past few weeks I have found myself wondering whether next time I might have to make peace with a serious political alternative.

I have supported, voted, researched for, been an Officer (local and National), and a candidate for the Conservatives, but the current Leadership are as far removed from "Conservative" as I have ever seen in the last 50 years.
Attached Images
File Type: gif thisgif.gif (106.2 KB, 75 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-06-2022, 12:08   #2743
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My entire adult life I have voted either Conservative, or on occasion a pro-Brexit party likely to damage the local conservative. These past few weeks I have found myself wondering whether next time I might have to make peace with a serious political alternative.
Old 11-06-2022, 12:09   #2744
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Mmm. Opportunistic Euro-federalists-R-Us. Pretty sure they’re not going to be top of my list.
Old 11-06-2022, 21:29   #2745
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I have supported, voted, researched for, been an Officer (local and National), and a candidate for the Conservatives, but the current Leadership are as far removed from "Conservative" as I have ever seen in the last 50 years.
Same can be said for Labour, they stopped being the party of the worker, many years ago.

Unfortunately U.K. politics is very poor, the standard of UK MPs is poor.

We’re not quite as bad as the US yet, where the centre ground has been abandoned and both parties headed to the edges of their spaces.

But we’re on the way.