Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Being a carer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Being a carer

Old 10-04-2023, 09:36   #16
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Being a carer

You'll need a formal diagnosis and care plan at least. Plus lists of any medications or treatments you are having.

And it's not WHAT you have, but how it affects your daily life above what a normal person would expect on a majority of days.

DLA or PIP claims depend on your age when you first claim.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2023, 13:23   #17
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks for that Taf.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 13:50   #18
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

https://www.independentage.org/get-a...BoCfncQAvD_BwE
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 15:04   #19
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Mr T is now my carer I was told yesterday my condition is never going to improve, and I will have to suffer this pain for the rest of my days. We pay a mobile hairdresser and foot lady, and now we will have to employ a gardener and cleaner. So I am going to try and download the form to claim attendance allowance. Any tips on completeing the form or other claims I can make?

I filled the AA form with my sister, it was relatively easy but long winded.

I attached a copy of my dads prescription for them, we got the enhanced rate because I help him go to the loo and sort him out at night.

Once that was done I claimed the Carers element of Universal Credit, this then meant I didn't have to search for work.

Once you get it see if you other half can claim, but I do believe there are exemptions.
Old 10-04-2023, 15:15   #20
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Mr T is now my carer I was told yesterday my condition is never going to improve, and I will have to suffer this pain for the rest of my days. We pay a mobile hairdresser and foot lady, and now we will have to employ a gardener and cleaner. So I am going to try and download the form to claim attendance allowance. Any tips on completeing the form or other claims I can make?
l subscribe to this website and pay a fee once a year as its a very helpful site imo.

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/
Old 10-04-2023, 15:22   #21
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

My sister in law suffered from debilitating chronic pain in her shoulders, spine and hips following having both viral and meningococcal meningitis . She developed sepsis and luckily survived this but it left her with arthritis and brittle bones.

When all he pain meds became ineffective she was prescribed with morphine pads which helped to begin with but the pain killing effects eventually stopped and at that point she was told that she would """"JUST""" have to live with the pain.

I remember that she was helped by a Pain Management programme, although at first her GP did seemed reluctant to refer her. I do remember that one of the things they advised was that "Distraction" could lessen the pain and she found audio books helped her at night when the pain was at its worst. She also joined the Scope Forum which was a great source of information and support.

I wish there was something I could do to help you sweetie. Maybe these links may help.

<<<<hugs>>>> Jo

https://www.britishpainsociety.org/people-with-pain/
https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories
Old 10-04-2023, 15:35   #22
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Mr T is now my carer I was told yesterday my condition is never going to improve, and I will have to suffer this pain for the rest of my days. We pay a mobile hairdresser and foot lady, and now we will have to employ a gardener and cleaner.
Just had a thought, have you looked into acupunture?

My sister used it to hep with her IBS, it worked for her (but like medication it takes a few weeks to kick in), she only stopped when the acupunturist asked her was she pregnant, my sister tolder her yes how to you know, and was given an reason.

It might help so look in your area.
Old 10-04-2023, 18:32   #23
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Many thanks to everyone for your concerns and help. I am getting to the end of my tether now. I have tried everything I can think of including 2 visits to a back clinic, acupuncture, deep massage, volatrol gel (POM), tens machine, hemp oil, Kalms, Ashwangandha tablets, alchohol. It is hard to keep going when the pain is with me 24/7. Speaking about this with you all however does give me hope that eventually there is a solution. In my visit to the GP I am going to ask about medicinal marihuana, anyone have experience of this treatment?
Old 10-04-2023, 18:55   #24
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Many thanks to everyone for your concerns and help. I am getting to the end of my tether now. I have tried everything I can think of including 2 visits to a back clinic, acupuncture, deep massage, volatrol gel (POM), tens machine, hemp oil, Kalms, Ashwangandha tablets, alchohol. It is hard to keep going when the pain is with me 24/7. Speaking about this with you all however does give me hope that eventually there is a solution. In my visit to the GP I am going to ask about medicinal marihuana, anyone have experience of this treatment?
You shouldn't have to live with pain. Tell them its making your life a misery. Morphine is the ultimate pain killer, but to be used with care. Ideally they should treat the cause. Getting more mobile helped my back issues, swimming was ideal, or some sort aquarobics/gentle water exercise if you can manage it. The Dr maybe even able to prescribe it. https://www.fhft.nhs.uk/services/phy...se%20tolerance.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 19:37   #25
Tinky
To err is human

Many thanks Mr K, I have difficulty even dressing and or sitting down, and getting in and out of bed, poor Mr T does his absolute best to help, having being a couch potato for years. I am going to have this out with the doctor when I see him on the 18th. I am sure there are many much worse than me.