Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Madeleine McCann

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Madeleine McCann

Old 11-08-2007, 20:40   #796
RizzyKing

Re: Toddler 'abducted' during holiday

Sounds a bit strong to me end of the day how can we discuss new points when there are bugger all new points to discuss. Underlying cause of this incident is something people want to talk about and discuss and compared to many other net sites the discussion has been done here quite calmy and quite politely.
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2007, 20:41   #797
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

TO MICK, CABLE FORUM TEAM, l agree entirely agree with your you are saying, it is now 100 days since she went missing, what we should be doing, is thinking about what WE could be doing, some forum members must have gone to Portugal when this happened or since this happened, and maybe saw something OR was in the SAME restuarant at the time, or when they were coming home, or went to work, and your mates bragged about something like this (and you know how much we bragged when we are with our workmates), or when you are in the supermarket queue or even at the coffee machine queue, and there was a couple with a young girl, who seemed ege, any small detail can help in this matter, lets look positive at this, and don't forget there are also other children of various ages and even grown ups who go missing each day, and this is who we should be thinking about and the worries it gives to the parents - think about this when you come home from the pub tonight,
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 20:41   #798
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it is not because I want to. You, nor nobody else knows what 'I want' so don't make silly assumptions about what I desire. I will tell you why this thread should be closed and it is going to be closed if people don't bring up new points. (Bit late for this but there is always room for fresh debate).

It is because it is going round in pointless circles. Need I remind people of the terms of use of this site and in particular:-

We may, for content management purposes, close a thread. This would usually be because the discussion in the thread is not moving along, users are not covering new points, or that the discussion is going around in circles.

Our terms of use are not negotiable, so some of you should not be telling me or arguing with me, what the team can and cannot do. If some of you continue to tell me or any other team member, what we can or cannot do - I shall start to suspend accounts.

I said that in a balanced way Mick again in this thread your coming at me in an unreasonable way I thought we had moved forward from this?
Old 11-08-2007, 20:43   #799
RizzyKing

Arthur do you seriously think that people that were there at the time have not done everything you have said a longtime ago.
Old 11-08-2007, 20:46   #800
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it is not because I want to. You, nor nobody else knows what 'I want' so don't make silly assumptions about what I desire. I will tell you why this thread should be closed and it is going to be closed if people don't bring up new points. (Bit late for this but there is always room for fresh debate).

It is because it is going round in pointless circles. Need I remind people of the terms of use of this site and in particular:-

We may, for content management purposes, close a thread. This would usually be because the discussion in the thread is not moving along, users are not covering new points, or that the discussion is going around in circles.

Our terms of use are not negotiable, so some of you should not be telling me or arguing with me, what the team can and cannot do. If some of you continue to tell me or any other team member, what we can or cannot do - I shall start to suspend accounts.
Also may I add at no point did I tell you what your allowed to do or not. I simply said closing this thread would be unjustified you appear to have justified why you would close it and therefore I stand corrected
Old 11-08-2007, 20:47   #801
RizzyKing

Out of curiosity how long are accounts suspended for usually ?.
Old 11-08-2007, 20:51   #802
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

I dont think it helps if the thread turns into a discussion about whether or not it should continue or be put to bed. This comment is not aimed at anyone and not aimed to insult or offend anyone.

It's about the abduction of the young lady and any news regarding it. So far this week (or so) the only news appears to be that blood has been found in the appartment and that the police have taken months to uncover this and in the mean-time the appartment has been used instead of being sealed off as a crime scene. And today's 'news' is that the police now think the young lady could be dead.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 20:52   #803
zing_deleted

And the car and British driver and the fact British police are on the case
Old 11-08-2007, 20:52   #804
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

As new information seems to be coming out each day about this, I'd say the thread should be kept open - however the problem as I see it is the new developments get discussed, then the old topic of "were the parents to blame" pops up again.

As long as we concentrate on new developments I see no reason to close this.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 20:53   #805
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
As new information seems to be coming out each day about this, I'd say the thread should be kept open - however the problem as I see it is the new developments get discussed, then the old topic of "were the parents to blame" pops up again.

As long as we concentrate on new developments I see no reason to close this.
how can we do that? its all related you cant sweep the first 3 months under the carpet like that imo

The mother herself in the press has expressed how she feels the blame for it this very week so its all still relevent
Old 11-08-2007, 20:53   #806
RizzyKing

Blood was only discovered after the involvement of the british police apparently. Also i heard this week that there was evidence that the blood that was there had been wiped or some attempt to conceal it had been made. So whoever abducted (i prefer to believe she is still alive) her had time to try and cover their tracks.
Old 11-08-2007, 20:53   #807
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Out of curioisity how long are accounts suspended for usually ?.
Might I suggest that's one of those things you probably don't *want* to find out?

If you're asking the question it probably means you're trying to decide whether pursuing the matter any further is worth the risk of getting a suspension - I'm gonna put it to you that it isn't.

If we're all honest about this there really isn't anything new in anything that's been said on this subject for the last month or so. Sure, they found a bit of blood. Sure, they dug some bloke's garden up. Are they any closer to finding her? No. Are we any closer to agreeing what should/will happen to her parents? No.

Why not just let it lie until something new comes up in the news, then have a brief spate of pulling the news apart and going over the same old territory all over again. Then leave it until the next news story, repeat if necessary (you get the picture).

I know it's frustrating not being able to discuss what you want when you want, but there really does come a point when all that can be said has been - I think we're probably there right now.

As for Mick's decision to close/not close the thread for a while. He's one of the guys that has to look after (and probably pay for) the server space that these discussions are using up. Hell, if he wants to delete the thread and let you start again then that's up to him.

Personally I think there's good justification for both sides of this one, but it's an argument that nobody's ever going to win.

Tomorrow's another day guys, why not grab a beer, put your feet up, and hope that the headlines give you something new to discuss in the morning
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 20:56   #808
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
And the car and British driver and the fact British police are on the case
what car and british driver?
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 20:56   #809
RizzyKing

No i was asking purely out of curiosity and nothing else i have always taken the view you never argue with admins on admin issue's be it on forums or game servers it was pure curiosity.
Old 11-08-2007, 20:58   #810
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
how can we do that? its all related you cant sweep the first 3 months under the carpet like that imo

The mother herself in the press has expressed how she feels the blame for it this very week so its all still relevent
Yes but the same people keep saying the same things over and over about who is to blame. Nothing new is brought to the discussion.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote