Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours)

Old 16-10-2011, 04:39   #916
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: WWE

Rumours said the Undertaker is due to return on October 28th which lands on Smackdown.

Of course Smackdown is taped on a tuesday so October 25th.

You would think they would have his return on RAW so it's live. I'd much rather he returned at Vengeance.
Old 16-10-2011, 12:54   #917
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Rumours said the Undertaker is due to return on October 28th which lands on Smackdown.

Of course Smackdown is taped on a tuesday so October 25th.

You would think they would have his return on RAW so it's live. I'd much rather he returned at Vengeance.
I hope he is fully healed this time, he was in real bad shape at wrestlemania when he thought HHH injured. Being a massive taker fan I would love him to comeback, but if he risks long term problems I think he should retire, would hate to see him in a couple of years being inducted into the hall of fame in a wheelchair.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 13:30   #918
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

He won't be totally healed, he's been working injured for years. Word is he only has one possibly 2 matches left in him, the final one being at next year's Wrestlemania where he'll retire with the 22-0 streak intact.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 13:31   #919
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
I hope he is fully healed this time, he was in real bad shape at wrestlemania when he thought HHH injured. Being a massive taker fan I would love him to comeback, but if he risks long term problems I think he should retire, would hate to see him in a couple of years being inducted into the hall of fame in a wheelchair.
The problem with his comebacks are everyone knows he's never going to be more than a once or twice a year fighter. He just doesn't have it in him. Even a fully healed up Taker can't go any more.

I'm just wondering if they're actually going to let him retire with the streak intact or will they use it to put over a new guy. Although knowing the WWE they'll give his streak to Cena.

The only person on the roster I think can take Taker to a decent match these days would be Daniel Bryan, they could have a submission match very low on bumps that would be safe and pretty entertaining watching two guys chain submission moves and counters. But WWE don't seem to want to push DB even after giving him the briefcase. The only way I could see it working is if they put the WHC on Taker before WM, and then had DB go over him ending the streak. But there's two major issues with that, 1) it'd take a monumental push to get DB up to the level that that would happen seeing as they've just buried the guy since MITB. 2) it'd be throwing 2 of the big WM fights into one. The card would be pretty damn weak if they did it, especially if they stick with Cena vs Rock for the title, that's 2 matches that should really be 4.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 13:34   #920
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Dare I say it, Coming soon to WWE The Son of The Undertaker
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 02:12   #921
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Got the feeling the guy Lauranitis is texting all the time is actually CM Punk...

Edit: Nope still the big boring Kevin Nash...

Big show and Mark Henry just repeated the Brock & Show superplex with the same results.

Possible Injury to Big Show.
Old 24-10-2011, 21:27   #922
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

When they did the Show/Lesnar thing a few years ago it was pretty impressive but last night's show did nothing for me because a) we'd seen it before and b) having put a few rings together and knowing their internal structure, collapsing in that manner could not possibly happen when a large weight lands in the middle like that.

Saying that though, it was unexpected and a great spot although I'd have preferred a proper finish.

Anyway, I'm adding a new rule to this thread and will repeat it as necessary for a while.....

As most WWE shows are broadcast from around midnight/2am in the UK, please do NOT post spoilers in this thread within 24 hours of the show ending. This gives a chance to those of us who either recorded it or plan to watch it later in the day.

If you wish to discuss anything within that 24 hours please use the 'spoiler' tags. This goes for RAW/Smackdown shows as well as PPVs.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-10-2011, 21:48   #923
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Really was the ring not ment to do that? Yet I'm remember as well when it happened with lesnar
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 22:07   #924
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

The ring was gimmicked to do that.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-10-2011, 23:26   #925
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
but last night's show did nothing for me
Pretty much the same.

Started off fairly strongly, Tag team, Ryder Ziggler, Christian Sheamus and even the Divas match were pretty decent for the opening half. Then it just went downhill.

Orton again had to go clean over someone. And despite Rhodes current thing being to restore the honour of the intercontinental title he had a non title match because "lol like we'd stick that thing on Orton".

HHH+Punk vs awesome truth, was bad. Really bad.

Cena vs Del Rio, I'm REALLY fed up with Cena's constant no-sells of pretty much everything. His idea of selling is "gonna stay on the floor doing nothing and then bam, straight to my feet!".
Del Rio did an awesome job of making stupid light steel wall segment things look like they weighed half a ton, then Cena just lies there until a count of 8 and bam, gets straight out from under them. The only reason I even bothered watching it was because I thought the gimmicked ring could add to it, but no, it didn't.

There some awesome sellers in WWE, people that will carry an injury through a match and make you believe they actually got hurt, and then there's Cena at the opposite end of the spectrum, who is invincible, even when you beat him he'll be back up as soon as the bell goes and walking around like nothing happened.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 14:46   #926
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Apologies if I spoiled parts of Vengeance for anyone.
Old 25-10-2011, 15:14   #927
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

It's ok, just a general guideline for now but I'll repeat it as and when needed to get the message across. It's basically a 24 hour spoiler embargo to give everyone the chance to watch it.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 25-10-2011, 16:46   #928
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

I think it's going to be triple H versus Kevin Nash at survival series
Old 25-10-2011, 22:26   #929
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

From last night's Raw...

Spoiler: 
It was officially confirmed Cena and Rock will take on Awesome Truth as Survivor Series.

Next week Michael Cole takes on JR, if Cole loses he leaves the WWE. I really hope that will be the end of commentators taking part in matches.

Punk v. ADR for the title so it looks like Cena is finally out of the championship race for a while, this will now be the run-up to hiw WM match with the Rock.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 25-10-2011, 23:40   #930
wwe
cf.mega poster

WWe.com has just said triple h is going to be out for 6 weeks