Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 12-11-2005, 22:46   #826
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Machinist - Very strange film, which is actually boring. It's one of those films that you only watch to the end of it, to see if there was actually a point to it.

Interesting to see Christian Bale so thin though. Especially as his next film was Batman Begins.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-11-2005, 23:51   #827
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

18/11/05 - Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire

I went to see this tonight and I'm glad I booked. The place waspacked but I did get good seats.
Anyway.... on to the film review....
I think this is one of my favourite ones out of the Harry Potter movies.
The first one was magical as everything was new, and then I thought "The Prisoner of Azkaban" was good, but "The Goblet Of Fire" is now definately one of my favourites.
Its very well produced and the effects are great too.
For the book readers, you will find a few of the sub plots missing but do realise the book was massive so they've done quite well to get all into one movie.
The charactars are now growing up and you can see new sides to them all... romance starting to take a part of their lives, and friendships breaking and building.
There is lots of action, many challanges for Harry and his team, and lots of new faces, so I definately reccomend it.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2005, 17:38   #828
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon

I went to see this tonight and I'm glad I booked. The place waspacked but I did get good seats.
Anyway.... on to the film review....
I think this is one of my favourite ones out of the Harry Potter movies.
The first one was magical as everything was new, and then I thought "The Prisoner of Azkaban" was good, but "The Goblet Of Fire" is now definately one of my favourites.
Its very well produced and the effects are great too.
For the book readers, you will find a few of the sub plots missing but do realise the book was massive so they've done quite well to get all into one movie.
The charactars are now growing up and you can see new sides to them all... romance starting to take a part of their lives, and friendships breaking and building.
There is lots of action, many challanges for Harry and his team, and lots of new faces, so I definately reccomend it.
I went last night also.Best so far by a long way nice and dark and nasty.Excellent watch a must see
Old 21-11-2005, 15:20   #829
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I went last night also.Best so far by a long way nice and dark and nasty.Excellent watch a must see
Saw the Goblet of Fire yesterday - great film, mixture of superb effects and emotional characters.

Slightly disappointed by the amount they cut out, but as a 'kids' film you get go much over 2.5 hours. I wonder if there'll be a LotR style extended version for DVD?

9/10
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2005, 15:35   #830
ScaredWebWarrior

Services: NTL Phone/Cable

Quote:

Just turned up Sunday morning and got seats easily - even got a choice of performance times.

The film was excellent - all the usual cool magical effects and a nice brooding atmosphere throughout. Lots of details that will require further viewing (or it will for me, as I didn't read the book.)

The interplay between the main characters is becoming more interesting too - and not just the romantic threads, but simply the increasing complexity of the relationships/emotions.

I can heartily recommend it.
Old 21-11-2005, 16:27   #831
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

goblet of fire - 2/10 better than the last one where they had to write in some time travel to fix all the issues with the plot... harry go away your a naff wizard
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 13:49   #832
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby

Watched Flight Plan last night...8/10

Very enjoyable
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 14:44   #833
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Goblet of Fire on 18/11, I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely getting more and more dark,can't wait til the next film.

to SOSAGES the book also had the time travel element in it.
Old 27-11-2005, 11:23   #834
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

:: FLIGHT PLAN ::

When I saw the trailer for this I thought it would be briliant, and though it is a good film, I did feel let down half way through.
The start of it is quite interesting and there is a lot going on. However towards the end I felt it just turned into a typical movie thats been done a thousand times before.

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN THE FILM,
Spoiler: 
I think it would have been more interesting if: When she goes up into the loft of the plane and cuts the wires, then She would have become a hijacker.

I think I'd give it 6/10

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 11:32   #835
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

Quote:
:: FLIGHT PLAN ::

When I saw the trailer for this I thought it would be briliant, and though it is a good film, I did feel let down half way through.
The start of it is quite interesting and there is a lot going on. However towards the end I felt it just turned into a typical movie thats been done a thousand times before.

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN THE FILM,
Spoiler: 
I think it would have been more interesting if: When she goes up into the loft of the plane and cuts the wires, then She would have become a hijacker.

I think I'd give it 6/10
Yeah me and the misses watched in Friday night. Id agree with all your points tbh. We enjoyed it. 6 maybe 7 out of 10.
Old 27-11-2005, 11:43   #836
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

mr and mrs smith - a let down due to poor acting and a plot which any moron could have written.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 15:38   #837
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

The Butterfly Effect -7/10

This movie is just to Confusing i could bearly keep up with the plot it was moveing that fast !
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 15:51   #838
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Harry Potter, saw it last Sunday with the fella, I really enjoyed it, thought the special effects were stunning but found the storyline a bit difficult to understand. He was quite disappointed having read the book and already having seen it on the thursday
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 17:57   #839
Electrolyte01

Star Wars Episode 3 - 9/10.

Most enjoyable episode I've watched from the Star Wars series
Old 28-11-2005, 00:03   #840
clupet
Inactive

clupet is on a distinguished roadclupet is on a distinguished road

national treasure, a poor mans da vinci code, bit cheesy but good......can't wait until the da vinci code comes out please dont dissapoint me !!!
clupet is offline   Reply With Quote