Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Linksys WRT54GS router - internet keeps disconnecting.....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Linksys WRT54GS router - internet keeps disconnecting.....

Old 16-12-2006, 20:40   #1
heyyo
Inactive

heyyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Linksys WRT54GS router - internet keeps disconnecting.....

Linksys WRT54GS SpeedBooster.

i brought the deal that was on at pc world, and after a week with few problems, the internet now reguarly disconnects and connects again.

i am not using the speedbooster, as i have wireless on my laptop. is there anyone who has this router and has this problem and know how to resolve it?

thanks

the wireless network mode is on mixed
the wireless channel 11. 2.462.ghz
the mtu is on 1500
heyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2006, 21:05   #2
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Re: Linksys WRT54GS router - internet keeps disconnecting.....

I have a Linksys WRT54G router (without the speedbooster) and mine use to disconnect all the time too. But now it seems OK.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 21:11   #3
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Is it just the WAN connection that's failing or do you lose the connection to the router itself?

If the connection to the router is dropping try changing the channel to 2 or 7. It could be interference from a cordless phone or suchlike....
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 21:17   #4
heyyo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Is it just the WAN connection that's failing or do you lose the connection to the router itself?

If the connection to the router is dropping try changing the channel to 2 or 7. It could be interference from a cordless phone or suchlike....

its appears to be the wan, i am just trying out if changing channels helps...never had this prob before, strange just happened today...

it looks like there is an updated firmware for the router on their website, i have downloaded .bin file, but there is no option i can see in there menu for me upgrade...

thanks
Old 16-12-2006, 21:18   #5
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Do you use P2P a lot? There's an issue with that router and P2P usage.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 21:21   #6
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyo View Post
its appears to be the wan, i am just trying out if changing channels helps...never had this prob before, strange just happened today...

it looks like there is an updated firmware for the router on their website, i have downloaded .bin file, but there is no option i can see in there menu for me upgrade...

thanks
its under administration / firmware upgrade
Old 16-12-2006, 21:38   #7
heyyo
Inactive

yeh i use utorrent and stuff, i have just changed my wep key and the channel to number 7. it doesnt seem to have disconnected in the last 15 minutes, hopefully it will stay like that...